Boise state/Game a thread combined

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
So, to sum up:

1) recruiting to Stillwater has natural disadvantages, but

2) that’s Gundy’s fault somehow, because he (I guess) intentionally recruits poorly, as opposed to

3) cheating, which he needs to start doing, which ought to be easy enough since

4) you would just make him do it if you were the AD, because being the AD and getting changes is just like a debauched Roman emperor clapping his hands for more wine, contrasted with

5) the coaches, who should cease any and all personal/family activities until we’re conference champions at minimum.

Yowza, boss.
Not sure what even constitutes cheating anymore since stuff that used to get programs the near death penalty like giving kids cars is all fine and dandy now.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I sure hope we got out of this game without a massive Covid outbreak on the team. You may have noticed our cheerleaders wearing masks during the game. Idaho currently has a 1 in 200 person Covid infection rate. That's the worst I've heard of anywhere. They have a very low vaccination rate in that State as well.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
I sure hope we got out of this game without a massive Covid outbreak on the team. You may have noticed our cheerleaders wearing masks during the game. Idaho currently has a 1 in 200 person Covid infection rate. That's the worst I've heard of anywhere. They have a very low vaccination rate in that State as well.
I say we put them through an intense cleaning/sterilization program, and isolate them for at least 5 days.

AKA what we traditionally do every year we come back from Lubbock.

Jan 1, 2011
tx
Shane has played very little, can't remember how much, but much less than Spencer.
SS has 102 Net yards + 255 yards passing = 357 total yards
SI has -7 yards net running + 315 yards passing = total 308 total yards
why we still play someone who has shown very little IMO for being the No. 1 QB
https://okstate.com/sports/football/stats
just another Gundy stubborn decision he won't make. Happens over and over

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I know the playcalling was atrocious and Gundy seemingly tried as hard as possible to lose the game.

All that said, when you beat Boise on the smurf turf, a win is a win. I don't have a single thing to say about this win besides this: finally a decent win.
Did Gundy give you a wedgie in school?

3 and Oh, baby! Feel the burn!

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Do you think the playcalling was good?
We beat a good team on the road on that awful blue field that I think messes up the other team's depth perception, and at one of the highest altitudes in college football, with an o-line put together with spitwads and gum and missing our best receiver. It wasn't a Playstation offense, but we put together enough offense in the first half to take a lead into halftime when it looked like we could get blown out, and with the exception of the missed field goal and the fumble, we managed the game and won the field position battle in the second half. So, yeah, I thought the playcalling was good, and the halftime defensive adjustments were masterful.

But some people just can't be happy. THREE and OH baby! Feel the burn!

We'll be ranked after we beat Kansas State next week. Gundy ain't goin' nowhere unless he wants to.

Dec 26, 2011
Stillwater
Do you think the playcalling was good?
Given the circumstances, I think so. Somehow, our o-line vs their d-line was our advantage. Our receivers weren’t ready to win the game last night. Brennan wasn’t awake, and no one else could be counted on to step up. I saw it as a lack of trust in the receivers more so than Spencer.

We really had two options. Go 3 and out trying to get the passing game going, or swallow our pride and march down field with 6 yards a pop on the ground. The slower pace surely helped our defense as well.

It raises long term concerns and is not sustainable, but it was probably the only way we beat Boise State on the road last night.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I know the playcalling was atrocious and Gundy seemingly tried as hard as possible to lose the game.

All that said, when you beat Boise on the smurf turf, a win is a win. I don't have a single thing to say about this win besides this: finally a decent win.

56A2C583-D13B-4D9F-B408-D5B6CC90A65D.gif

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Shane has played very little, can't remember how much, but much less than Spencer.
SS has 102 Net yards + 255 yards passing = 357 total yards
SI has -7 yards net running + 315 yards passing = total 308 total yards
why we still play someone who has shown very little IMO for being the No. 1 QB
https://okstate.com/sports/football/stats
just another Gundy stubborn decision he won't make. Happens over and over
Do you know we’re down 6 of our 7 top receivers?

Do you know 4 of the starting OL were out sick during the week? 2 OL didn’t practice Tuesday-Wed.

Do you know our best 2 defenders are out for the season?

The game plan they practiced all week was to run, run, run and when you need to pass, run some more and slow down the game.

Still think Gundy is stubborn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 9, 2013
I’ve also seen lots of comments about our recruiting but don’t we have more NFL rookies either active or on the practice squad than any previous year? If not it has to be close.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
We beat a good team on the road on that awful blue field that I think messes up the other team's depth perception, and at one of the highest altitudes in college football, with an o-line put together with spitwads and gum and missing our best receiver. It wasn't a Playstation offense, but we put together enough offense in the first half to take a lead into halftime when it looked like we could get blown out, and with the exception of the missed field goal and the fumble, we managed the game and won the field position battle in the second half. So, yeah, I thought the playcalling was good, and the halftime defensive adjustments were masterful.

But some people just can't be happy. THREE and OH baby! Feel the burn!

We'll be ranked after we beat Kansas State next week. Gundy ain't goin' nowhere unless he wants to.

I appreciate all of this but there is a big delta between our defense and offense. Yes, defense - masterful. I'm increasingly in the Knowles for HC camp. He really strikes me as a Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer type. The guy gets results and exudes arrogant confidence.

Our overall offense...
Our offensive system...
Our offensive playcaling...
Our overall game plan...

Atrocious. Pat Jones level stuff.

During the Walsh/Rudolph/Corndog (in other words, post-Holg/Monken) years it felt like Gundy was a NASCAR driver with one foot on the brake at all times. Since then, during the (primarily) Sanders era, he's more like a NASCAR driver trying to jump out of a flaming sportscar.
…….and 90% of our fans have one eye closed,half their brain occupied by shoe-tying lessons and think success is as simple as calling different plays. Truly astonishing.

Jan 1, 2011
tx
Do you know we’re down 6 of our 7 top receivers?

Do you know 4 of the starting OL were out sick during the week? 2 OL didn’t practice Tuesday-Wed.

Do you know our best 2 defenders are out for the season?

The game plan they practiced all week was to run, run, run and when you need to pass, run some more and slow down the game.

Still think Gundy is stubborn?

Yes i knew this. He has played for 3 years now and Gundy builds him up every preseason and he bombs every year. He played probably 2 1/2 games to Shane's 1/2 a game this year. He holds on to the ball too long, never throws it out of bounds (takes a sack instead), etc. SI stats for 1/2 game equal his for 2.5 games! hard to argue that regardless of whose out with injury.