Boise state/Game a thread combined

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Mike Gundy could cut diamonds with his Johnson right now...he out “pat Jones” Pat Jones tonight, milking a 1 point lead for a whole half!!!!!! The pokes barely passed the ball...Mrs. Gundy may have a rough night...I bet coach could punch his Willey through titanium! He had his dream game!!!

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Mike Gundy could cut diamonds with his Johnson right now...he out “pat Jones” Pat Jones tonight, milking a 1 point lead for a whole half!!!!!! The pokes barely passed the ball...Mrs. Gundy may have a rough night...I bet coach could punch his Willey through titanium! He had his dream game!!!
Is funny cuz is true!!

I lol'd btw

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
Idiot coaches deserve to lose. Coached the whole second half like we had a comfortable lead.

Now they get a fg and we lose.
For those who still support Gundy you will get a coach that wins more than he loses and will play not to lose instead of playing to win. He will get us to bowl games, but all the stars in the universe will need to align for him to ever make us a threat for a championship caliber team. If that is your jam then you have your coach. Personally I don’t like the death by boredom and frustration that his tactics provoke in me. So I would not be upset one bit if he was replaced. I no longer have emotional engagement with the team because I find his approach to the game and to the fans as indifferent at best. I know many will disagree with me
and I’m ok with that. It is difficult for me to get enthusiastic about a Gundy coached team

Dec 2, 2008
SC
For those who still support Gundy you will get a coach that wins more than he loses and will play not to lose instead of playing to win. He will get us to bowl games, but all the stars in the universe will need to align for him to ever make us a threat for a championship caliber team. If that is your jam then you have your coach. Personally I don’t like the death by boredom and frustration that his tactics provoke in me. So I would not be upset one bit if he was replaced. I no longer have emotional engagement with the team because I find his approach to the game and to the fans as indifferent at best. I know many will disagree with me
and I’m ok with that. It is difficult for me to get enthusiastic about a Gundy coached team
This!

May 29, 2007
NE OK

Going to need to start buying a better roster if you want a championship team. And that's not on Gundy, that's on the boosters...

Oct 29, 2016
US
Gundy has remarkable consistent success year in and year out. While this year's team may be Gundy's least successful/talented, it's unreasonable to expect better recruiting. On paper, Gundy's current team is par the course recruiting wise. Sometimes a perpetual top 40 recruiting class will be successful or a bust.

I grew up just outside of Stillwater.. and while Stillwater is special to me, the fact is.. Stillwater is in the middle of nowhere, which is a hard sale to many recruits.

OSU does not have the prestigious requirements to land 5 and 4 star recruits. The only sale is the stadium, locker rooms, weight room, etc. But the newness has worn out and many other Big 12 programs now have (or will in near future) better facilities. The only way to land top level talent, is to outbid other programs.. aka paying recruits for their commitment. Gundy, as far as we know, does not pay recruits for their commitment. The Sports Illustrated fiasco proved Gundy does not cheat.

Having said all of that, it's clear that recruiting has been a failure in recent years. Gundy had a string of bad hires, specifically o-line coaches, which has destroyed the high power and high scoring offenses that we we were lucky to have. If I was in Gundy's shoes, I'd easily take a million dollar+ pay cut to hire a proven o-line coach who can recruit. O-line issues is the reason OSU's success has waned.

It's not going to be fun for at least several years.. if I was the AD, I'd force Gundy to end his lax recruiting policy, which is, IMO, a huge reason talent continues to decline, along with the location of Stillwater. Whilst other Big 12 assistant coaches are recruiting, Gundy and his staff fish, hunt, etc.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Gundy has remarkable consistent success year in and year out. While this year's team may be Gundy's least successful/talented, it's unreasonable to expect better recruiting. On paper, Gundy's current team is par the course recruiting wise. Sometimes a perpetual top 40 recruiting class will be successful or a bust.

I grew up just outside of Stillwater.. and while Stillwater is special to me, the fact is.. Stillwater is in the middle of nowhere, which is a hard sale to many recruits.

OSU does not have the prestigious requirements to land 5 and 4 star recruits. The only sale is the stadium, locker rooms, weight room, etc. But the newness has worn out and many other Big 12 programs now have (or will in near future) better facilities. The only way to land top level talent, is to outbid other programs.. aka paying recruits for their commitment. Gundy, as far as we know, does not pay recruits for their commitment. The Sports Illustrated fiasco proved Gundy does not cheat.

Having said all of that, it's clear that recruiting has been a failure in recent years. Gundy had a string of bad hires, specifically o-line coaches, which has destroyed the high power and high scoring offenses that we we were lucky to have. If I was in Gundy's shoes, I'd easily take a million dollar+ pay cut to hire a proven o-line coach who can recruit. O-line issues is the reason OSU's success has waned.

It's not going to be fun for at least several years.. if I was the AD, I'd force Gundy to end his lax recruiting policy, which is, IMO, a huge reason talent continues to decline, along with the location of Stillwater. Whilst other Big 12 assistant coaches are recruiting, Gundy and his staff fish, hunt, etc.
I dunno, maybe Gundy was sandbagging me. Defense is special. Special teams slowly turning, I’m going A- since they did block the field goal, ( but dang dang field goals ) I’m pretty sure I just saw linemen hitting some assignments and a RB exploiting them well. I still think it’s the adults getting in the way of the kids.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq

So, to sum up:

1) recruiting to Stillwater has natural disadvantages, but

2) that’s Gundy’s fault somehow, because he (I guess) intentionally recruits poorly, as opposed to

3) cheating, which he needs to start doing, which ought to be easy enough since

4) you would just make him do it if you were the AD, because being the AD and getting changes is just like a debauched Roman emperor clapping his hands for more wine, contrasted with

5) the coaches, who should cease any and all personal/family activities until we’re conference champions at minimum.

Yowza, boss.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
The worst 3-0 team and the worst coach of a 3-0 team in the country, by Gawd!

What did we have out, the top 7 WR's? Sanders wasn't throwing because they didn't trust the WR's to run the right routes and catch the ball. We need at least 4 of those injured WR's back by K State, then let's see if we can be the worst 4-0 team in the country.

Apr 7, 2006
I'm reminded of the old "Jimmies and Joes not X's and O's" quote.

We simply aren't going to have a good passing attack without 6 wide receivers available. We adapted and won the game in a place that's traditionally been a pretty tough place to play. If we don't get better we'll lose the next one, but we all said the same last week and we got better in the running game.