Boise state/Game a thread combined

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 10, 2007
Mckinney, TX
Do you get all of your links to stuff directly from the OSU website? Because they aren't using TuneIn this year apparently and are instead using the learfield app which is called Varsity Network. I've heard multiple complain that the TuneIn channel wasn't working for them. I wouldn't know because I'm too busy at the stadium to listen.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I use the varsity network app. Works just fine.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This will be Pitt 2017 2.0. I'm guessing this is the game where we click and give everyone hope. We'll have a bad game at some point in the season-we do that, but I honestly believe this is the game where we put it all together.
I doubt we put it all together, but I do think we win with defense and special teams...with some offense thrown into the mix. I think the Offense will be better across the board because it's Boise and they will be up for it more than for the past two opponents. I do think this matters with college athletes AND coaches.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
When it comes to OSU athletics, I really do not enjoy being pessimistic. But if the first two games are an indication of things to come, we may finish 2nd to last in conference play. I despise proclaiming such.. the first two games were very concerning, to say the least. If we lose to Boise State, I think it's going to be Gundy's first losing season since his first year as OSU's HC.

Having said that, I'm hoping for a .500 or better season record. That may not be doable tho. But I'm hoping otherwise. Hopefully the Boise State game will erase any fears we all may harbor. I'm not sure that's going to happen, unfortunately.

Here's hoping that things will start clicking for the entire team and ASAP.

Side note: Gundy's first year was the only losing season of his tenure, right? My memories are a little fuzzy at the moment.
Two things I think this team has going for it that past years didn't...
1. an exceptional defense...when is the last time we had a player leading the country in tackles?
2. an exceptional special teams

The first of these is far different than what our fans expect, and is the difference in last years and this years teams from past teams. Last year we won 8 of 11 and this year I expect similar results. We are missing Hubbard, Wallace, and Stoner but have replaced them with very good options, they are just young and need to emerge. Boise is as good a place as any to do that.

Last edited:

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Dez and Blackmon just physically stronger than most DB's
Washington/hill faster than most DB's
Wallace was unbelievable (the best I've ever seen here) at getting separation at the ball

You might be on to something here
Who recruited those players? Blackmon wasn't highly recruited and was a 3 star, Gundy saw something and developed him. You guys continue in your BS analogies of whenever we do something good it's players overcoming bad coaching. I think you both need a good 0-10-1 season to help your perspective.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Who recruited those players? Blackmon wasn't highly recruited and was a 3 star, Gundy saw something and developed him. You guys continue in your BS analogies of whenever we do something good it's players overcoming bad coaching. I think you both need a good 0-10-1 season to help your perspective.
he is also responsible for our current offensive line...and last years too

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Blue uni's on a blue field. Seems like that would be a little distracting for the QBs. Will be like a bunch of smurfs running around out there.
Is this any more challenging than playing a team in all green? Pretty sure Oregon, Mich St, Marshall, N Texas, etc have rolled out in all green before.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
He's responsible for EVERYTHING but you and Birry want to credit the good to blind luck or soemthign outside his control and only focus credit or responsibility on where things fall short. You're both definitely glass half empty people. I suggest turning off your TV if we start playing well in all phases tomorrow. You don't want anything to mess with your agenda.

Oct 30, 2007
He's responsible for EVERYTHING but you and Birry want to credit the good to blind luck or soemthign outside his control and only focus credit or responsibility on where things fall short. You're both definitely glass half empty people. I suggest turning off your TV if we start playing well in all phases tomorrow. You don't want anything to mess with your agenda.
just think if gundy thought he as responsible for everything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
We had dinner on 8th street here in Boise. Lots of Pokes, pretty impressive showing.

We had a few drinks at a restaurant bar while we waited for our table and had a conversation with some BSU fans. Turns out one is a former player. They left with a warm “good luck” and later when we were trying to close our tab the bartender said the BSU guys had paid our tab on their way out !!!