Bill Gates' TerraPower to build first nuclear reactor!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Of course he would. There is a decent amount of uranium to mine in WV.

Nuclear energy is the future, especially with modular thorium reactors. It is the most efficient source of power on the planet today.
I never thought i would have anything positive to say about France's government but they at least are forward thinking enough to be mostly nuclear powered already. That is the way to go and I wish our government would get out of the way to allow that to happen. Not to mention if we can focus on being even more efficient with it instead of fossil fuels that would only help as well.

Sep 12, 2008
"U.S. support for nuclear power grew from 49% to 59% between 2018 & 2021… Support among Democrats grew from 37% to 60%"

This is a good change.

Sep 22, 2011
As long as you find something sustainable to do with the waste, we already have issue storing waste from the existing nuclear plants we have. I would be very wary to deregulate it though, the margins for error are very tight and the consequences of failure are huge. I do wish it was easier to build these from a litigation view. I think a lot of times it is not government regulations, but public (special interest group) pushback that postpone these type of builds.. Coal country is probably the best place to build this, other options would be rust belt states, I think the local pushback will be minimum and the real issues will be dealing with the well funded national "environmental" groups that will no doubt throw every lawsuit possible at any new nuclear plant