Bill Cosby sex assault conviction overturned

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
Cosby gets out of prison...he goes to a field w/ a rock wall and a large tree.
Buried under the tree is a note and some money.
He takes a bus to Ft. Hancock, TX
He finally makes it to the beaches of Zihuatanejo
Jeffrey Epstein looks up from his work on the boat he is refurbishing to see his friend striding towards him.

The camera pans out as the two life long friends embrace..free at last.

Jun 14, 2011
Jeffrey Epstein looks up from his work on the boat he is refurbishing to see his friend striding towards him.

Sep 12, 2008

No John McAfee??

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010

One of my all time favorite movies!!

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
For all the talk about inequality in our justice system I think we all know the color green is the color that matters most.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
out on a technicality.
Intellectually, I agree with the decision of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.

Cosby only waived the right to not incriminate himself (which applies not only in the actual criminal case, but to any sworn statements under oath....you can "take the fifth" in civil cases as well), after the DA at the time agreed not to file charges.

It was a subsequent DA that filed charges and then used information gleaned from Cosby's deposition to prosecuted him.

I haven't had this exact same situation, but I have stuck with deals that I thought were ridiculously light that other ADAs made with Defendants.

So yes...a technicality...and one that feels wrong and leads to injustice...but the right call under the law, IMO.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas

Cosby only waived the right to not incriminate himself (which applies not only in the actual criminal case, but to any sworn statements under oath....you can "take the fifth" in civil cases as well), after the DA at the time agreed not to file charges.

It was a subsequent DA that filed charges and then used information gleaned from Cosby's deposition to prosecuted him.

I haven't had this exact same situation, but I have stuck with deals that I thought were ridiculously light that other ADAs made with Defendants.

So yes...a technicality...and one that feels wrong and leads to injustice...but the right call under the law, IMO.
I agree it was the right call according to our laws however I can and still hope he gets OJ'd and goes to jail for a decade for jaywalking...

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I agree it was the right call according to our laws however I can and still hope he gets OJ'd and goes to jail for a decade for jaywalking...
I certainly don't begrudge you for hoping that.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
out on a technicality.

My wife was like, "so he didn't do it? ", and I told her, nope he did it, and in a way admitted to it, but they used evidence against him that was supposed to be off limits.

That's it basically, right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
My wife was like, "so he didn't do it? ", and I told her, nope he did it, and in a way admitted to it, but they used evidence against him that was supposed to be off limits.

I’m gonna take a hard pass on discussing or attempting to explain legal concepts with you.

Nothing good or useful could result from it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I’m gonna take a hard pass on discussing or attempting to explain legal concepts with you.

Nothing good or useful could result from it.
So you won't even say whether I was basically correct in what I told her?
Petty