Big XII Games - Week 6

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Interesting that they put OSU, KU, Baylor and WVU in one "pod" and then gave a bye week so most of those 8 games could be rescheduled to the bye (all but the OSU-BU).

Then the rest of the league is in a 6 team "pod" with their bye next week which would have allowed make up games during the first 3 games (3 x 6 =18).

Then at week 11, they swap pods for OSU and KU for TTU and TCU.

Must be some differential equations with multiple variables to figure that out as the highest likelihood of matching cancellations with bye weeks for a 10 team round robin.

(I really had a class with that title at OSU)

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
I'd like to see UT, TTU and TCU all win. That would eliminate OU and give everyone a loss in conference except us. I'm confident Texas is going to lose 1 or 2 more.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Interesting that they put OSU, KU, Baylor and WVU in one "pod" and then gave a bye week so most of those 8 games could be rescheduled to the bye (all but the OSU-BU).

Then the rest of the league is in a 6 team "pod" with their bye next week which would have allowed make up games during the first 3 games (3 x 6 =18).

Then at week 11, they swap pods for OSU and KU for TTU and TCU.

Must be some quadratic equation with multiple variables to figure that out as the highest likelihood of matching cancellations with bye weeks for a 10 team round robin.

(I really had a class with that title at OSU)
I have an engineering degree and you lost me right there. However, I did attend OSU before electricity.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Tom Herman is absolutely done if Texas loses tomorrow. He's probably done anyway, but no way he survives that. If that school can then somehow get Urban Meyer, then they"ll legitimately be back at some point. Hopefully the loss of revenue from Covid will come into play so Texas doesn't have endless money to throw around.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I have an engineering degree and you lost me right there. However, I did attend OSU before electricity.
I'll try again (if you were serious).

Weeks 1-4, OSU, KU, WVU, and BU played each other with a bye in week 3. That bye would have allowed a make-up game between those 4 teams since they are all off on the same bye.

Weeks 1-6 the rest of the Big 12 played each other with a bye in week 6. That bye would have allowed a make-up game between those 6 teams since they are all off on the same bye.

Then OSU and KU go to the 6 team pod and TTU and TCU go to the 4 team pod and we start all over again leaving the same bye weekend (week 11) for those teams in the same pod.

Last edited:

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Tom Herman is absolutely done if Texas loses tomorrow. He's probably done anyway, but no way he survives that. If that school can then somehow get Urban Meyer, then they"ll legitimately be back at some point. Hopefully the loss of revenue from Covid will come into play so Texas doesn't have endless money to throw around.
I wouldn’t say so. Due to how weird this season is, I’m sure they’ll give him a pass. Plus, NCAA grants everyone an extra year. Wouldn’t be surprising if Sam returns for his 8th season

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Thanks Big Daddy. I was only half serious, but will ponder your reply. However, pondering is harder at 75.
I just remember everyone asking when the Big 12 released the new schedule (recall we were originally playing Texas at Thanksgiving), why they did what they did.

The reason is "pods" and common bye weeks for those pods.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Iowa State needs to win. They are ranked #24 but can easily get to #20 entering our matchup in 2 weeks.

We need to develop as good resumé by rooting for WVU and Iowa State to win out. Same with Texas. They have to win against UO to jump shot them to around #12-#15 when we play for Halloween.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I'm not sure Urban would take another coaching job. He's retired twice because of a brain cyst. He's got it easy now, pulls down the big bucks as a commentator, more free time, none of the coaching headaches, etc. Though if anyone has enough money to get him to come out of retirement, it's Texass.

OctaviusRexLTH

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Iowa State needs to win. They are ranked #24 but can easily get to #20 entering our matchup in 2 weeks.

We need to develop as good resumé by rooting for WVU and Iowa State to win out. Same with Texas. They have to win against UO to jump shot them to around #12-#15 when we play for Halloween.
Fair

some may disagree, but I care way more about the big 12 title than our national ranking or the playoffs. Whatever makes our road to the CCG easier is what I want. I don’t want to get too invested in something the committee has the power to screw us over on

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I'm not sure Urban would take another coaching job. He's retired twice because of a brain cyst. He's got it easy now, pulls down the big bucks as a commentator, more free time, none of the coaching headaches, etc. Though if anyone has enough money to get him to come out of retirement, it's Texass.
Oh I agree about being a commentator. I don't know why someone would jump back into the fire after having a cushy commentator job. I don't know what the hell Jon Gruden was thinking.

Oct 30, 2007
You underestimate tu’s ability to screw things up. Meyer probably gets caught doing what he did at FL and ohiohst which is cheat and cheat and cheat. Meyer does fit tu as he had no morals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk