Big 12 wrestling tournament starts tomorrow

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
OSU Twitter had a picture of him a day ago

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I saw the post about him. Seemed odd. How does it work since he hasn't wrestled at this weight during the season? Is he automatically matched against the #1 seed?
Looks like 4 seeds get a bye and the other 4 have to wrestle unseeded wrestlers. He’s wrestling the 3 seed first and if he wins will wrestle the 6 seed. Not real sure why the 6 seed is getting the bye and not the 3 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Thanks for sharing. Very strange that some higher seeds get a bye in the first round. Seems like it should always be seeds 1-4. Any idea why it doesn't work that way?
Wrestling is weird like that. I'm not for sure but I think the reason is because team points are tied to advancing rounds. So having unseeded wrestlers wrestle each other could mess with the team point totals. I have had several of my top seed wrestlers have a wrestle in match but then lower seeds get byes.

Nov 8, 2013
Thought I heard that the seeds are distributed, but then the first round selections (non-byes) are chosen by random draw.