Big 12 week 6

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I've been following it the last couple of years, and other than a few exceptions, it seems to get things pretty correct.
I like it because it removes biases. It has major flaws though. Unless somehow I’m missing something?

1. Value of a loss is the same whether it’s against KU or Alabama.

2. Timing of the game is more important than who you play. Beating Alabama in week 1 nets you far less marbles than beating them in week 12.

3. By nature, G5 really has no chance. Not that they have great opportunity now, but I think it’s worse in this model.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I've been following it the last couple of years, and other than a few exceptions, it seems to get things pretty correct.
I like it because it removes biases. It has major flaws though. Unless somehow I’m missing something?

1. Value of a loss is the same whether it’s against KU or Alabama.

2. Timing of the game is more important than who you play. Beating Alabama in week 1 nets you far less marbles than beating them in week 12.

3. By nature, G5 really has no chance. Not that they have great opportunity now, but I think it’s worse in this model.
The real value is in the wins.
Well if you beat Alabama in week 7, It is worth more marbles because they've won more games against power five opponents coming up to that game. As teams progress in the season they should get progressively better, and then beating them later in the season is worth more.
G5 teams have the opportunity by having power five teams on their schedule as well as beating other teams that have won against power five teams on their schedules. It still places a good emphasis on strength of schedule.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk