Big 12 week 6

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
And Alabama will drop to #2. Meh.

EDIT: This really grinds my gears. Tell me more about the rankings right now "don't matter." Alabama is allowed to lose and not suffer for it.
Where would we be had we started at say 14…..like Miami. Or Iowa state that we beat last year with a. Freshman QB…..who started at 7.

Nov 18, 2010
Where would we be had we started at say 14…..like Miami. Or Iowa state that we beat last year with a. Freshman QB…..who started at 7.
Overrated?
Just kidding, but I do like that we're working our way up from off the board. Makes everyone under estimate us.

And in the end, we will always have to go undefeated to participate in the playoff.

Oct 30, 2007
Different note: the crowds at the games today make the best case for how much we still lack as a program.

Whatever the solution to that problem is, we need it. But it’s decades long and not sure it can be changed.
did you attend the Baylor game? Crowd was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Different note: the crowds at the games today make the best case for how much we still lack as a program.

Whatever the solution to that problem is, we need it. But it’s decades long and not sure it can be changed.
did you attend the Baylor game? Crowd was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
6000 empty seats if memory serves me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com

Well you can’t compare our crowd to A&M, Iowa, Nebraska, etc because we haven’t hosted a premiere game. If we’re undefeated for TCU and they are decent, we would be ranked in the top 5 and I’d guess it will be pretty rowdy. A top 5 bedlam showdown would be bananas.

Your comment does bring me to college realignment.. those big names do count for fan interest.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
And Alabama will drop to #2. Meh.

EDIT: This really grinds my gears. Tell me more about the rankings right now "don't matter." Alabama is allowed to lose and not suffer for it.
Exactly, they lost to an unranked team playing their backup QB. If we did that we'd be out of the polls completely. Obviously Bama is a Top Ten team but good grief, they need to drop to around the 8-10 range behind the remaining undefeated teams. You'll never get past SEC bias.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Bama is still a 100% lock to make the CFP if they win out., but at least now with the L, they probably won't still get in if they lose to Georgia in the SEC championship game. We know they won't drop out of the top 10 but I'm more interested to see if Penn St does....if so, could move us up to #10 (unless of course a 2 loss A&M jumps us).

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
So many things are going to change in the polls between now and the end of the year, absolutely no point worrying about it now. Beat Texas. Beat Texas is the only thing that matters this week.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Bama is still a 100% lock to make the CFP if they win out., but at least now with the L, they probably won't still get in if they lose to Georgia in the SEC championship game. We know they won't drop out of the top 10 but I'm more interested to see if Penn St does....if so, could move us up to #10 (unless of course a 2 loss A&M jumps us).
I don’t see Penn State dropping much. They were in control then their starting QB got hurt and the back up was ineffective

Jan 14, 2006
That is a big "if". I bet a lot are waiting for OSU to lose to Texas so they can drop OSU out of the polls or at least 20-25. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling it will happen.
The next two weeks are absolutely the toughest on our schedule until OU. Both really good teams on the road. Not many teams in the country could win both of them. That's why it's fun!