Big 12 week 6

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
I hope Texas loses every game. I hope ou loses every game. This is the one week of the year where one of those is 100% guaranteed.
Any win for OU is bad for OSU. That’s true even more so now we are in different conferences. Now that Texas is leaving the big 12 we really won’t cross paths too much. That being said I still hope Texas loses every game except for 1 and that against OU.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Since OU is the most likely team to get to the CCG, I’m rooting (vomit, gag, vomit again) for OU to win which likely increases our chances of making the CCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Texas - Can they both lose? I just hope they beat the snot out of each other and half the UT defense gets called for targeting in the second half.
Rapelor - Though I will be rooting for WVU
Tech - looking forward to another epic Fatterson rant, blaming someone else for his team's loss.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Since OU is the most likely team to get to the CCG, I’m rooting (vomit, gag, vomit again) for OU to win which likely increases our chances of making the CCG.

So you would rather play OU twice in 8 days instead of playing OU and then someone else in the CCG. That does not sound like a good way to win the conference to me.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Pokes are undefeated against the bye…. Come to think of it I can’t remember the last time they won against the bye either.

I really like the timing of the bye this year, get healthy and well prepped for UT!

Apr 7, 2006
The other 2 games are pretty interesting also. All 4 of those teams can't afford to lose and remain in the conference race. West Virginia and TCU are completely out with a loss. I think that's also a possibility for Tech and Baylor.

I'm pulling for Texas (because OU), West Virginia (because Baylor) and don't care who wins TCU/Tech.

Nov 6, 2010

No way man, Texas winning will make it easier for us to beat them the following week. Would much rather play an overconfident, unfocused Texas team thinking they're "back".

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I don't see Cincy getting left out this year if they run the table. That ND win on the road plus what they did last year and the pub they're getting this year should carry them. I'd normally say running the table is a big if, but I had a look at what they have left and the schedule sets up nicely for them.
I agree and disagree. I don’t think we will have this many undefeated teams but I could see a situation stacked against them.

So in this scenario who do you seeing getting bumped for Cincy?

Undefeated Penn State
Undefeated OU
Undefeated UGA
1-Loss Alabama (To UGA in CCG)

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
I agree and disagree. I don’t think we will have this many undefeated teams but I could see a situation stacked against them.

Undefeated Penn State
Undefeated OU
Undefeated UGA
In your scenario, no one. In this scenario:

Undefeated Penn State
Undefeated OSU
Undefeated UGA
1-Loss Alabama (To UGA in CCG)[/QUOTE]

OSU

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I don't see Cincy getting left out this year if they run the table. That ND win on the road plus what they did last year and the pub they're getting this year should carry them. I'd normally say running the table is a big if, but I had a look at what they have left and the schedule sets up nicely for them.
Well it depends on what ND does from here on out. If they start dropping more games that win for Cincy loses its luster and they don't have anything else that comes close to a big name win.

Nov 6, 2010

Undefeated Penn State
Undefeated OU
Undefeated UGA
Yea, something like that and they get left out, but as you say, I just don't see that many undefeated teams. I wouldn't be surprised with a two loss champ from all the other P5 conferences.

Nov 8, 2013
We're way off the "Week 6 in the Big 12" topic, but since we're not playing that makes sense. It is fun to guess what would happen to the CFP in this strange year. Everyone is fighting for 2 spots. It would take something truly crazy for Bama and Georgia to not make it. But truly crazy and the CFP do frequently travel together, so who knows. With those semi-locked as the SEC representatives, Clemson and the ACC on the outside looking in (let's just chalk in a Wake Forest loss or three along the way), Oregon and the Pac 12 on the outside looking in, and current undefeated G5s & Independents SMU, UTSA, BYU, San Diego State, Wyoming, and Coastal Carolina realistically just playing for a NY6 bowl invite, the control-their-own-destiny candidates for the remaining two CFP spots are Cincinnati (thanks to @ND win), an undefeated Big 10 champion (Penn St, Michigan, Michigan St, or Iowa), and an undefeated Big 12 champion (UT-Norman or Oklahoma State).

I think anyone coming out of the Big 10 or Big 12 undefeated -- including our Cowboys -- are LOCKS for the CFP the way this year has progressed thus far. However - realistically, I don't expect undefeated Big 10 *and* Big 12 champions to happen this year.

It will be really "fun" (what I really mean is frustrating) to see what happens when we realistically get 1 or 2-loss Big 10 and Big 12 champions going against an undefeated Cincinnati and 1 or 2 loss P5 Blue Blood non-champions for the 3rd and/or 4th CFP spots.

This is where I will remain a cynic and say that a 1 or 2 loss NON-CHAMPION BLUE BLOOD team will make the CFP over a 1 or 2 loss P5 CHAMPION NON-Blue Blood and an undefeated G5 CHAMPION until the CFP Committee proves me wrong.