Big 12 week 11

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
The only way we don't get in if we win out is if Oregon and Ohio State win out and Alabama beats Georgia in a close game. That's very unlikely.

And the OSU team that played last night would beat all of them.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
View attachment 93046
538 Playoff Odds Calculator

They only give us a 22% chance of winning out but if we do, according to their algo they give us a 96% chance of making the CFP. Kinda fun to play around with different scenarios on this page.
Yeah, they're wrong. We should have about a 10% of making the CFP with a win-out.
You are the most negative poster I have ever seen on this board. Have you ever enjoyed anything in your life?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
LOL... You declare they're wrong with a statistical algorithm and yet you spitball 10%.
You're right. 10% is probably too high. I was being kind. Too many teams have to lose. At least one Big 10 East team will finish ahead of us, guaranteed. At least one SEC team will finish ahead of us, guaranteed. The 10% came from the chance of two of Oregon, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame losing. Looking at their remaining schedules, I'd say that's no more than 10% of a chance.

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
The only way we don't get in if we win out is if Oregon and Ohio State win out and Alabama beats Georgia in a close game. That's very unlikely.

And the OSU team that played last night would beat all of them.
Why would Ohio State have to win out? Either Michigan or Michigan State would still be ahead of us.

And whoever wins the Big 10 East is going to roll in their fake championship game.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
From the Athletic

And now, 20 thoughts for Boston College quarterback Phil Jurkovec’s 20 pass attempts in a bowl-clinching 41-30 win at Georgia Tech.

1. Mocking “S-E-C! S-E-C” chants broke out in two different Big 12 stadiums Saturday. It was certainly a rough day for the two programs moving to that conference, but I saw some tweets and headlines suggesting the Big 12’s College Football Playoff hopes were “dashed” with Oklahoma’s loss to Baylor.

What’s with the short-term memories?

2. A 12-1 Big 12 champion has made the CFP in four of the past six seasons. Granted, Oklahoma was the conference’s representative on all four occasions, and I don’t have much faith in Lincoln Riley’s 9-1 team running the table from here. A season’s worth of underwhelming performances finally caught up with the Sooners in their 27-14 loss in Waco, with No. 13 Baylor (8-2, 5-2 Big 12) running for nearly 300 yards. As much as the Caleb Williams/Spencer Rattler drama has consumed Oklahoma’s season, the Sooners clearly have other issues. Their receivers couldn’t get open, and their offensive line allowed five sacks.

Oklahoma’s 260 yards of offense were its lowest since 2014 — the last season it did not win the Big 12.

3. However, there is this other Big 12 school in the state of Oklahoma that is very much alive. No. 10 Oklahoma State (9-1, 6-1) walloped TCU 63-17 on Saturday to move into a tie for first with its Bedlam rival. Do people outside of Stillwater realize just how dominant the Cowboys defense has become? It came into the game ranked fifth in the country (4.4 yards per play allowed), notched seven sacks and allowed just 11 first downs. This, mind you, a week after Horned Frogs QB Chandler Morris threw for 461 yards in a surprise win over Baylor. He finished 11-of-20 for 103 yards against Oklahoma State.

4. Mike Gundy’s team already has one CFP Top 25 win over Baylor, and could add two more down the stretch against rival Oklahoma (which it hasn’t beaten since 2014, mind you) and then either the Sooners or the Bears in the Big 12 title game. Plus, don’t be surprised if 7-3 Kansas State, which the Cowboys beat 31-20, enters the rankings this week. Oklahoma State won’t jump the SEC or Big Ten champions, or 12-1 Pac-12 Oregon. But if that fourth spot comes down to 13-0 Cincinnati vs. a 12-1 Big 12 champ with three Top 25 wins … I think we know well by now which way the committee would lean. The Bearcats should root for Oklahoma to lose once more but still win Bedlam.

5. Oklahoma State (or Baylor) winning the Big 12 would be an ideal scenario for commissioner Bob Bowlsby as his league looks to maintain credibility in its coming post-Oklahoma era. Losing Texas, on the other hand, might actually help the league’s reputation at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
View attachment 93046
538 Playoff Odds Calculator

They only give us a 22% chance of winning out but if we do, according to their algo they give us a 96% chance of making the CFP. Kinda fun to play around with different scenarios on this page.
Yeah, they're wrong. We should have about a 10% of making the CFP with a win-out.
You are the most negative poster I have ever seen on this board. Have you ever enjoyed anything in your life?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Unless he's doing the negative sarcasm thing again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk