Big 12 to meet to consider 6 new teams(PAC)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Dude, why would most people spend their Labor Day weekend in 100 degree heat in a stadium with no canopy to watch a win over a MAC school?

That doesn’t even make sense man.
I would and have done that in BPS against FCS opponents. Why would I do that? Because I love my school
Exactly, I have done it many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2014

"It's not too hard to discern that Yormark was at least referring to Arizona in his remarks. The Big 12's potential in basketball -- which is "deeper" than the Pac-12, according to a media rights expert -- might tip the deal. Think of Big 12 basketball in expansion that could boast Arizona, Baylor, Cincinnati, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas and West Virginia."

It goes to show how far we've fallen basketball that not only do they not mention us but they mention Iowa State and West Virginia instead

Aug 7, 2006
Amazon bid more for Champions League rights than CBS did and didn't get it. Apparently they bid more for Big 10 rights and didn't get them either. In both cases, both entities were more worried about the exposure than the money Amazon was paying. The Big 12 and the PAC are certainly going to share those concerns, but one of them(maybe both) is going to decide the money is worth the potential loss of exposure and jump in with Amazon, IMO. The first Thursday Night Football game was a huge success for Amazon. I really liked their production and thought it was top notch. If they can carry that over to college football and use the NFL game on Thursday to promote the heck out of their college game of the week(maybe Friday night?)... I think it will be a win-win for Amazon and whatever conference ends up there. Hopefully it is the Big 12.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Amazon bid more for Champions League rights than CBS did and didn't get it. Apparently they bid more for Big 10 rights and didn't get them either. In both cases, both entities were more worried about the exposure than the money Amazon was paying. The Big 12 and the PAC are certainly going to share those concerns, but one of them(maybe both) is going to decide the money is worth the potential loss of exposure and jump in with Amazon, IMO. The first Thursday Night Football game was a huge success for Amazon. I really liked their production and thought it was top notch. If they can carry that over to college football and use the NFL game on Thursday to promote the heck out of their college game of the week(maybe Friday night?)... I think it will be a win-win for Amazon and whatever conference ends up there. Hopefully it is the Big 12.

I would love for them to be a part of the package. I agree their production, at least on NFL is top notch.

A few concerns:

A lot of boomers still connected to the wire or to the dish and wouldn’t have a clue on how to stream.

Places like sports bars, restaurants, sports books, hotels, really any public place that wants to air games is going to have to address the infrastructure and service fees.

Hopefully the NFL is getting them motivated to adapt. I don’t see a place like B3W’s missing a Thursday night NFL game due to not being set up to stream. It’s the others I worry about.

Aug 7, 2006
I would love for them to be a part of the package. I agree their production, at least on NFL is top notch.

A few concerns:

A lot of boomers still connected to the wire or to the dish and wouldn’t have a clue on how to stream.

Places like sports bars, restaurants, sports books, hotels, really any public place that wants to air games is going to have to address the infrastructure and service fees.

Hopefully the NFL is getting them motivated to adapt. I don’t see a place like B3W’s missing a Thursday night NFL game due to not being set up to stream. It’s the others I worry about.
That is definitely the concern that people have had with Amazon. There were a ton of people complaining about not being able to watch the TNF game the other night... we aren't quite there with streaming just yet, but I think we are close enough for the Big 12 to take the plunge.

Sports bars have already had to adapt due to ESPN+ and other streaming services, so I don't see that being a problem.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
That is definitely the concern that people have had with Amazon. There were a ton of people complaining about not being able to watch the TNF game the other night... we aren't quite there with streaming just yet, but I think we are close enough for the Big 12 to take the plunge.

Sports bars have already had to adapt due to ESPN+ and other streaming services, so I don't see that being a problem.
THIS^^^

Not to mention sometimes you have to take bigger risks/bold moves in order to pass the competition.