Big 12 to meet to consider 6 new teams(PAC)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
There was discussion about SEC offering ND over 100 million and if ND goes to SEC then Oklahoma State could be offered a lower amount to offset the higher amount given to ND to enter SEC for even number of teams and being a continuous state. Gold and Blue Dude saying Oklahoma State and SEC are in serious talks and that WVU would be the next logical Big 12 team to go to SEC as he believes SEC will get four ACC and four Big 12 teams eventually and eventually SEC and B1G will break away from NCAA and both could have 24-teams each.

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I was under the impression it was Patterson as well. We just played UT next and the change went in mid season, so it was suspicious.
I always heard it was Texas too. They complained about the upside down horns and the paddle people all within a season or two.
It would be very cool if the paddle people do their thing and they stop as usual, but the crowd picks up where they left off still clapping in rhythm.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Im actually retired. When I practiced law, i never typed a single word. I dictated onto a tape and my secretary typed it.

i have good grammar, but i cant type worth a damn.

Im not familiar with Florida law, but every state has laws that invalidate contracts that violate public policy. What violates public policy, like what constitutes an unfair trade practice, is fairly subjective.

In any event, what is important is for the BIG to have a colorable defense to the breach of contract claim. They dont actually have to prevail bc the case will settle.

this is exactly what happened when the BIG stole maryland. They filed suit, and ended up paying a hefty settlement, but far less than the GOR called for.
My God! It's like tuff tiger went to law school!

Jun 20, 2013
I think it's funny and have enjoyed it. That being said I gave you a Zzz. Don't take it personally as I think people giving them out without responding are kinda lame. But you have ran a pretty full spectrum of reactions and maybe have a chance to hit for the cycle on this one. I mean no offense and hope this gets you towards a meaningless goal I aspire to have. Godspeed sir
I normally just scroll past stuff I don't find interesting, I must've just been in a bad mood Friday. Laughed pretty good at the cycle comment. Thank you sir for your help. Bright spot to a Monday morning. :lol:

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
PAC 12 commish is out of his depth with what's going on, but he's their second in a row, so there's that.

“It’s clear that UCLA and USC made a decision for short-term financial gain at the expense of their student-athletes. It’s 100 percent clear to me. It’s really unfortunate, and I think they are already regretting it, given the pushback that they’ve gotten from almost every corner of their communities. I think they will regret it more as time goes on,” Kliavkoff told The Athletic when talking about the situation."

Hopefully Yormark's a little more clued in to college athletics.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
OSU to the SEC (eventually) just "seems" like a good fit given all the scenarios. Just a gut feel with zero actual facts or inside info.
I was in favor of doing the SEC thing initially but after some thought, if we can get anywhere NEAR competitive dollars then i'd almost prefer to stay in the Big 12. Especially if we can rise to the top as consistent winners and or strong contenders in all sports. I think being a winner in any top 3 or 4 conference is worth more value than being middle of the road team or possibly doormat in down years in another conference.

VaPoke

Wrangler
Oct 14, 2013
Washington DC
I was in favor of doing the SEC thing initially but after some thought, if we can get anywhere NEAR competitive dollars then i'd almost prefer to stay in the Big 12. Especially if we can rise to the top as consistent winners and or strong contenders in all sports. I think being a winner in any top 3 or 4 conference is worth more value than being middle of the road team or possibly doormat in down years in another conference.
I am coming around to share the same thought. The SEC is very tough, and I fear we would have limited success. Although the B1G is one of the "top two" conferences, there are enough weaker teams there to have more success. But I don't see how we end up there. I think the Big12 competition can be fun and interesting with the mix of teams we have. Future expansion could make it more interesting.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I really believe that if we could get Oregon, Washington, Utah from the west and two or three good teams from the ACC, we would have a conference that would have just as much power and prestige as the B1G or SEC. We might not have quite the $$, but we'd be every bit as formidable. I still contend, we're already as good as the B1G. Half of their teams are trash.

Nov 18, 2010
Agreed. If there's an automatic bid or even an unspoken automatic bid for an undefeated big 12/ACC/Pac12 team, then staying where we are gives us the best chance to be in a playoff, which is the ultimate goal.
You make a playoff, you get paid more money and your prestige goes up. Do it a 2 or 3 times and now you're Clemson.
I like our chances to go undefeated, or win the conference with 1 loss, in the new big 12.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Only if the winner of such a league got an auto bid to the playoff or some other way to get in the door. If the scenario is two super leagues and then everyone else, then I would think we want in the super league, especially if we net more $$$.

That said, there is no telling how this will shake out and if OSU has any real power to negotiate anyway. I'm guessing our fate is mostly out of our control when it comes to the SEC.

There's also no telling how sustainable this entire product will be in 5-10 years. I'm already losing interest due to NIL and transfers. Surely others around the country are as well. If the arms race continues through the creation of super conferences with premier TV contracts leaving the other teams behind, then the product has even less intrigue as a whole. Is it possible that D1 football is working towards a bubble that will pop? If so, it might be best for OSU to avoid the super leagues for that reason alone.