Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 7, 2006
Why is anyone surprised by ESPN? They manipulate the outcome of the playoffs and March Madness to get match-ups favorable for their business. They choose who to show and when to show them, who "passes the eye test", etc

They played a major role in the last realignment and this is just another example.

And just think- we've been one of the "haves" if you take a look at G5.

Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
Is this the looming NFL Lite?
1. Alabama
2.Auburn
3.Georgia
4.Florida
5.Tennessee
6.LSU
7.Texas A&M
8.Texas
9.Oklahoma
10.Tennesse
11.Notre Dame
12.Clemson
13.Florida State
14.Miami
15.Penn State
16.Ohio State
17.Michigan
18.Wisconsin
19.Nebraska
20.USC
21.UCLA
22.Oregon
23.Washington
24.North Carolina
25.Iowa
26.Oklahoma State
27.Utah
28.Stanford
29.West Virginia
30. Mississippi
31.Mizzou
32.Virginia Tech

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
There has to be a lawsuit in here somewhere.

Ed: I have a proposal for you Tom.
Tom: lay it on me.
Ed: what say i pay you to terminate our contract if you’ll cause Bob to bust his deal with me. The amount I pay you should cover the cost to you for causing Bob to bust his deal with me.
Tom: how do I cause Bob to bust his deal with you?
Ed: If you’ll leave your association with Bob and join Steve, I’ll make sure you make more money with Steve than you currently do with Bob.
Tom: I don’t understand. What’s in it for you?
Ed: Here’s the deal. You’re worth more to me if you’re associated with Steve than if you remain associated with Bob. Specifically, the amount I will pay you to terminate our contract is less than the amount I will save if I don’t have to pay Bob for his entire contract if he busts his deal with me.
Tom: Sounds great. Let’s do it.

Ed = ESPN
Tom = UT
Ed-Tom Contract = LHN
Bob = B12
Steve = SEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the law regards that as Collusion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
Is this the looming NFL Lite?
1. Alabama
2.Auburn
3.Georgia
4.Florida
5.Tennessee
6.LSU
7.Texas A&M
8.Texas
9.Oklahoma
10.Tennesse
11.Notre Dame
12.Clemson
13.Florida State
14.Miami
15.Penn State
16.Ohio State
17.Michigan
18.Wisconsin
19.Nebraska
20.USC
21.UCLA
22.Oregon
23.Washington
24.North Carolina
25.Iowa
26.Oklahoma State
27.Utah
28.Stanford
29.West Virginia
30. Mississippi
31.Mizzou
32.Virginia Tech
whoops...Tennessee on there twice. I guess it could be BYU, Kentucky, Michigan State, etc.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Why is anyone surprised by ESPN? They manipulate the outcome of the playoffs and March Madness to get match-ups favorable for their business. They choose who to show and when to show them, who "passes the eye test", etc

They played a major role in the last realignment and this is just another example.

And just think- we've been one of the "haves" if you take a look at G5.
Not surprised at all. This might help our financial future a little

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Their buyout is equal to the amount they'd make over the next two years, right (that's what I thought it was anyway)? If so then if the conf chops their pay then the buyout drops too.
I guess I am thinking the rest of the teams should try to get the bird in the hand now since there is no guarantee they will get any buyout in the future.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If Fox owned LHN, no way do the willingly terminate and pay $150M and get “nothing“ in return. That’s all you need to know right there. ESPN purposely submarining the Big12.

ESPN gets something in return and that’s unethical and damaging to others = lawsuit

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I've wanted the Power 5 conferences to merge for a long time. IMHO, the whole would make WAY more money (even the big dogs) together than apart. Same as the NFL. However, now I'm kinda thinking that the B1G, PAC, and remaining B12 should merge just to shove it back in ESPN's face.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Man. I wonder how OU and UT are feeling right now. This could go VERY south for them. It is almost certainly going to go very south for ESPN. I could easily see congress getting involved in this before too long.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Man. I wonder how OU and UT are feeling right now. This could go VERY south for them. It is almost certainly going to go very south for ESPN. I could easily see congress getting involved in this before too long.
You can't get arrested for shoplifting if you are still in the store. OU and Texas are still in the conference and have said 2025 is the end date. Regardless of their plans to escape earlier than that, they haven't done anything except piss a bunch of people off. Even if forced back into the Big 12 (which they won't be) OU will just keep winning titles and with a 12 team playoff coming, they will challenge for a natty every year and then waltz into the SEC in a few years with even more shine than they have now.