Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
We would stay in the Big 12 along with whatever mediocre teams they bring in as a stopgap. We don’t have enough power to get in other leagues by ourselves, would just have to make the best of this league along with other schools who get left behind.

Sep 6, 2014
we have no chance of getting into the Big 10 due to our academic standing. We will wind up in the Pac 12 although I'd rather go to the ACC personally

May 26, 2012
We would stay in the Big 12 along with whatever mediocre teams they bring in as a stopgap. We don’t have enough power to get in other leagues by ourselves, would just have to make the best of this league along with other schools who get left behind.
I sure hope not. We would be one of the worst leagues in the country and the tv contracts would be terrible. Hello more games on espn+

Jan 14, 2006
This is probably right and will be terrible. I'm not sure we could even poach enough teams to make it viable. Would SMU, Houston, Memphis etc. even be interested? I don't think we still be considered Power 5 at that point even if we got the best G5 teams available.

Sep 8, 2004
Chicagoland
Let's hope Dr Shrum and Chad Weiberg are masterful negotiators and politicians and can pull a rabbit out their hat to save us from the doom that will be the Big 12 (8)!

When the Big 12 was formed, only a full-court press by influential Baylor alums got them into the conference. Let's hope we can pull off something similar.

Jan 14, 2006
Lots of fun rumors starting to sprout. My two favorites:

1. SEC teams vote yes on OU and no on Texas and we go with OU.

2. Mizzou shipped to Big 10 and we go with OU and Texas to SEC.

We would be in the same spot (top 2-3ish) in an 8 team SEC west as we are in the Big 12.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
This is what would more than likely happen. Anything else would be a surprise honestly.

May 26, 2012
I think college football ended when they started NIL. This season will be close to normal but NIL and open transfer will kill it as we know it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think it ended when athletes starting sitting out bowl games. I wouldn’t want those guys covering my back if I was in the military.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Lots of fun rumors starting to sprout. My two favorites:

1. SEC teams vote yes on OU and no on Texas and we go with OU.

2. Mizzou shipped to Big 10 and we go with OU and Texas to SEC.

We would be in the same spot (top 2-3ish) in an 8 team SEC west as we are in the Big 12.
Why would the SEC vote no to Texas, but want us instead? Not gonna happen.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
Yikes. This was the perfect time to undercut us with all the leadership changes going on system-wide.

Let them go, but never play them again. Adjust our business plan.
If you think media coverage is biased now, wait until we're in a "lesser" league. We refuse to play them, we become Tulsa to the in-state folks and invisible to ESPN.

Yep. If this happens and the people pushing for OU to cut us loose win, we're in deep trouble. Big 12 instantly becomes an AAC/Mountain West-level league.

No, we would not. We might do so in the East, but not the West.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
Totally agree would have to bring in some other smaller schools. I read an article talking about bringing in SMU and Houston to start with