Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Florida won a national championship 13 years ago and is now on it's third coach since winning it.

Auburn won a national championship 11 years ago and is now on it's second coach since winning it.

OU last won a national championship 21 years ago and has had 1 coach since due to Stoops retirement. During that 21 year span they've won the conference 13 times.

The Big XII has been golden for OU having sustained success.
Playoff expansion means they don’t need to win a conference note to be in the playoff.

Being able recruit SEC country means NFL caliber defensive players for the first time in years for both OU & Texas.

Yes, they’ll lose in Oxford or somewhere from time to time. When the SEC’s getting 4-5 teams into the playoff, the notion of the Big 12 being golden for them will be an antiquated one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
I totally agree with this statement. You would be better off trying to bring Clemson , FSU, Louisville and Miami to the B12
No one worth two pennies is coming to the big 12 under that incompetent leadership. The Acc has new leadership but the two biggest names just got poached from the conference and the leadership didn’t know it was happening.

Oct 14, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
As a born and raised Oklahoman who moved to SoCal for work, I vote Pac 12. I'd get to go to more games. I imagine you'd all enjoy traveling out this way for away games much more than SEC or Big 10 country. Plan your family vacations around @USC and @UCLA games.

Nov 6, 2010
Well it would be foolish to dissolve before getting paid. Why would anyone want texas and OU to get out scott free?
This piece is the most interesting angle of the whole thing to me. Wow, what a payday if the schools have the balls to stand firm. But you know what everyone is thinking, wait and run the risk of being the last one standing when the music stops.

Nov 18, 2011
Lets go to the Pac and sit towards the top of the conference every year. With the 12 team playoff and 4 power conferences, each will likely get at least a couple of teams (SEC more) each year with a solid 1-2 loss record.

OU and Texas going to the SEC where they beat up each other every week is fine by me. OU already loses a game every year to somebody they aren’t supposed to, that probably equals a couple of losses each year in the SEC. Not to mention Texas, who beats them their fair share, is going with them. Sure OU will still end up in playoffs a good amount but they would in the B12 as well. As far as recruiting, I doubt it does much for them. They’ll still be fighting the same teams they are now for players. Bama, Florida, Georgia are getting kids from their own back yard. This may benefit OU when recruiting against A&M but kids from the Macon, GA’s or Hoover, AL’s are still likely going to stay regional.

You hear a lot about the SEC and NCs. No, that’s Bama with all those NCs in the last 20yrs and LSU a couple sprinkled in.

Nov 6, 2010
As a born and raised Oklahoman who moved to SoCal for work, I vote Pac 12. I'd get to go to more games. I imagine you'd all enjoy traveling out this way for away games much more than SEC or Big 10 country. Plan your family vacations around @USC and @UCLA games.
Heck yea, I'd do one road game a year if I could manage it. I prefer Oregon/Washington, but whatever, all awesome places to visit compared to Lawrence and/or Ames, and for Gdamn sure norman.

Jan 14, 2006
Well, I think my SEC dream just died. Dr. Shrum just slammed OU on Twitter. Doesn't sound like we'll be following them anywhere.

Side note. She's handling this like a boss so far. I expect us to make a bold move.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
This piece is the most interesting angle of the whole thing to me. Wow, what a payday if the schools have the balls to stand firm. But you know what everyone is thinking, wait and run the risk of being the last one standing when the music stops.
Im thinking that might be a good idea given that I think the whole semi-pro concept really blows up in a few years. Once you start paying players and then release them for whatever reason before their NIL expires, the next step is union representation. That‘s when the whole thing comes unraveled. Far cry from being a “university”…right?

That $160M will look really good at that point. However, it’s still rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Well, I think my SEC dream just died. Dr. Shrum just slammed OU on Twitter. Doesn't sound like we'll be following them anywhere.

Side note. She's handling this like a boss so far. I expect us to make a bold move.
This is an opportunity for OSU to establish ourselves in the PAC 12. I now have NO respect for the goons now. We need to just need to leave and become a powerhouse in the PAC. Forget SEC, we wouldn’t be able to recruit with the top dogs in the conference.

But the PAC-12? Our philosophy of developing players who are not 5 stars will allows us to compete in that league. Before you know it, we can dominate that league and show future recruits why OSU is the place to be.

Nov 6, 2010
So if all this goes down, does this year's schedule stay in place?? I may have to buy season tickets for the last go around, even tough its tough for me to make the games.