Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Honestly… Not sure how OU affords the move without some major donors stepping up to the plate to pitch-in or some very creative financing.

Granted, projections are they stand to make a lot more than they would had they stayed in the Big12 from increased TV revenue. So the pain will be temporary.. but as revenues fall and costs increase who is going to foot that upfront bill?

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Honestly… Not sure how OU affords the move without some major donors stepping up to the plate to pitch-in or some very creative financing.

Granted, projections are they stand to make a lot more than they would had they stayed in the Big12 from increased TV revenue. So the pain will be temporary.. but as revenues fall and costs increase who is going to foot that upfront bill?
That was when they were assuming there would be an 8 to 12 team playoff. The issue now is that the money isn't the windfall advertised. Is it possible the two Joe's lied to the board of regents and everyone else?

Here's another question, why is Castiglione considered such a great AD? They supposedly had this huge war chest and were actually one of the pillars of the financial plan that supported the university. It's easy to blame Boren, but when do the questions about brokelahoma athletics and their lack of financial accountability in the athletic administration start being asked? It's a state entity that uses state funds after all.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
That was when they were assuming there would be an 8 to 12 team playoff. The issue now is that the money isn't the windfall advertised. Is it possible the two Joe's lied to the board of regents and everyone else?

Here's another question, why is Castiglione considered such a great AD? They supposedly had this huge war chest and were actually one of the pillars of the financial plan that supported the university. It's easy to blame Boren, but when do the questions about brokelahoma athletics and their lack of financial accountability in the athletic administration start being asked? It's a state entity that uses state funds after all.
OU's athletic programs have performed pretty well under his watch.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I didn't question that, I'm asking where is all of their money?
I don't pretend to know all of the details of their financials, nor if any state money is actually used in their Athletics Department. Last I knew, neither OSU nor OU's athletics used state money. Unless it's changed, OSU's athletic department and Residential Life department generated their own budgets.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Make sure and watch till the end. :lol: Rumors are the marketing dept is working on the UT-Norman version titled "This place is speshewl too".

These two just can't GTFO fast enough for me. :glare:

Aug 26, 2004
Anyone else notice how fast they started broadcasting the The Paul Finebaum show in Oklahoma area. And I don't mean on Sirius? I think WWLS thought the gooners were going to be in the SEC real quick. Now they have to let him pontificate in Oklahoma and take from their BS.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Anyone else notice how fast they started broadcasting the The Paul Finebaum show in Oklahoma area. And I don't mean on Sirius? I think WWLS thought the gooners were going to be in the SEC real quick. Now they have to let him pontificate in Oklahoma and take from their BS.
It is funny. My question still is if brokelahoma athletics was such a financial dynamo fall on such hard times if Castiglione is such a great AD?

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Our goal should not be to have a balanced conference;

Our goal should be get OSU wins; improve OSU’s clout and make ourselves more attractive to get OSU in a conference with a better deal.

We need to level up.

Playing humble has not served us well. We have a higher ceiling than the current Big 12.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com

I believe that’s why ESPN was trying to blow up the Big 12; ESPN would get the TV packages they want and OU/ Texas would have no Conference exit penalties.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Make sure and watch till the end. Rumors are the marketing dept is working on the UT-Norman version titled "This place is speshewl too".

These two just can't GTFO fast enough for me. :glare:
Their marketing department apparently screwed up. Somebody with the university, maybe the president or the athletic director tweeted out that video the day before and people are pissed because this account was saying hang on we've got you know an announcement and keep your notifications turned on and it turned out to be the same video that had already been released.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk