Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 22, 2014
East
UCF
Cincy
West Virginia
Iowa State
Kansas
K-State

West
Oklahoma State
Baylor
TCU
Houston
Texas Tech
BYU

Then split OU and Texas and make sure they don't get to play a conference game against each other for the 2 years they are left in the Big 12.

Jan 6, 2007
Jackson Hole, WY
For starters:
Division A: BYU, TTech, Baylor, TCU, Texas, oSu & UO;
Division B: Houston, UCF, WV, Cin, KU, KSU & ISU

Makes the most sense to me. Then move Houston w/oSu's Division if only 12 or insert new teams to replace the two traitors if 14.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
East
UCF
Cincy
West Virginia
Iowa State
Kansas
K-State

West
Oklahoma State
Baylor
TCU
Houston
Texas Tech
BYU

Then split OU and Texas and make sure they don't get to play a conference game against each other for the 2 years they are left in the Big 12.
Yes on the divisions, they make the most sense.

Not allowing OU and Texass to play each other is petty. They should be the bottom of the list when it comes to satisfying member needs, but we shouldn't go out of our way to punish them. Plus it would piss off our TV partners as that game will be in the top 3 of viewership.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Interesting concept… Especially if we go back to 12 after the departures

Realignment of divisions every 2 years based on the previous 2 years conference performance. Set the divisions and the schedule home/home with all in division. Play half of the other division one season, and the other half the next.

After two years “draft” the divisions based on results… Ie first place in one division, Second place in the other and so on.

This could help insure a balance of power throughout the divisions so we don’t become divisional heavy. It would also give you the opportunity to play everyone in the conference at least every other season.

Maybe stupid. Maybe a scheduling nightmare. Maybe fun though.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Don't think it's want to, they are planning contingencies for when the new teams enter the conference. If uo and ut are still here then it becomes a 14 team league for 1 or 2 years.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
My sarcasm never seems to get through. Think orange power uses sarcasm blocking technologies.

svpoke

Wrangler
Jun 12, 2010
I don't think a North/South division makes a lot of sense logistically or for recruiting. My preference would be an East/ West split as follows:

East
UCF
WVA
Cincinnati
Iowa St
Baylor
Houston
Texas

West
Oklahoma St
Kansas
Kansas St
BYU
TTU
TCU
Oklahoma

Oct 29, 2016
US
I don't think a North/South division makes a lot of sense logistically or for recruiting. My preference would be an East/ West split as follows:

East
UCF
WVA
Cincinnati
Iowa St
Baylor
Houston
Texas

West
Oklahoma St
Kansas
Kansas St
BYU
TTU
TCU
Oklahoma
I'm gonna be honest. All of this sucks beyond anything that has ever sucked before. Makes me sick

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
OSU needs to throw its weight around and make sure that this new look Big 12 works for us. If it doesn't, we need to leave for a bigger conference.

HCS and certain other fanbases keep pumping out content about expanding to 16 with SDSU or Boise or Memphis or Popcorn State or whatever. Despite the way OU and Texas treated us in the boardrooms, we are going to miss their "big time" perspective once this all becomes amateur hour. Baylor brass just doesn't think as strategically as Texas brass.

OSU may need to require a multiplier for our revenue split (like OU, UT, and A&M had in the old Big 12) or indexing TV payouts to ratings (my personal preference) or something like that. Or else we're going to see our payout diluted by all the Popcorn State invites that Baylor wants to hand out, and then they'll screw us again by putting us in a bad division for our recruiting.

This new Big 12 needs us more than we need them, we need to start leveraging that.

svpoke

Wrangler
Jun 12, 2010
OSU needs to throw its weight around and make sure that this new look Big 12 works for us. If it doesn't, we need to leave for a bigger conference.

HCS and certain other fanbases keep pumping out content about expanding to 16 with SDSU or Boise or Memphis or Popcorn State or whatever. Despite the way OU and Texas treated us in the boardrooms, we are going to miss their "big time" perspective once this all becomes amateur hour. Baylor brass just doesn't think as strategically as Texas brass.

OSU may need to require a multiplier for our revenue split (like OU, UT, and A&M had in the old Big 12) or indexing TV payouts to ratings (my personal preference) or something like that. Or else we're going to see our payout diluted by all the Popcorn State invites that Baylor wants to hand out, and then they'll screw us again by putting us in a bad division for our recruiting.

This new Big 12 needs us more than we need them, we need to start leveraging that.
Which "bigger conference" is ready to welcome us?

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Who gives %$@*. We' have a logo, the rest of these teams don't. Maybe the ACC or PAC I literally don't care as long a we leave this amateur hour crap before it tanks our program.

East
UCF
WVA
Cincinnati
Iowa St
Baylor
Houston
Texas

West
Oklahoma St
Kansas
Kansas St
BYU
TTU
TCU
Oklahoma
Swap OU and Texas and I could grudgingly work with this. I'd prefer us to play all-Texas teams and I could care less whether you call it north and south, east and west, or cowboys and indians.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Maybe next time conference talks start up we could say screw the rest of the conference and contract for our own network, all about us. We could call in the Bonghorn Network, or something like that. I'm still working on the name but looking at my cable preview guide gave me the idea.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
East
UCF
Cincy
West Virginia
Iowa State
Kansas
K-State

West
Oklahoma State
Baylor
TCU
Houston
Texas Tech
BYU

Yes on the divisions, they make the most sense.

Not allowing OU and Texass to play each other is petty. They should be the bottom of the list when it comes to satisfying member needs, but we shouldn't go out of our way to punish them. Plus it would piss off our TV partners as that game will be in the top 3 of viewership.
We need to make sure their recruiting is in shambles the years before they decide to bolt. ou texas is their Super Bowl and recruit heavily at the game. I’d love for the resources they have locked in that game to be pissed away. Any way we help them now hurts us once they leave. We need to go out our way up to the legal limit to hurt them. Honestly the contracts are already signed for the for the TV deals. Might be a good way to hold that game hostage to get a better deal once the traitors are out. The game does the big 12 no favors now or after they leave so f them…

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Inside the ACC's rejection of College Football Playoff expansion amid concerns about larger issues
ACC coaches and officials want other problems solved before tackling potential CFP expansion
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-expansion-amid-concerns-about-larger-issues/

Pat Narduzzi...
Yeah, but he also talks about increasing the scholarship limits. Increasing?!? They need to be reduced. If you increase those limits, you might as well just give Alabama the next 5 national championships now.