Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 9, 2013
Graham Harrell is a good hire, but shocked the world?
The fun is just starting. WVU will go from worst offense and worst qb in the big 12 to upper third.

Don't forget about the impact on the transfer portal..... Don't get ahead of your skis here, but Jaxson Dart, quarterback from USC entered the NCAA Transfer Portal the moment the Harrell news was announced. I'm not assuming that he's following Harrell to Morgantown, but Harrell's arrival could raise a couple eyebrows in the portal, so be sure to keep an eye out for that

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
Duh!

one of the r8 teams poaches USC's offensive coor for a school record 2.25 million dollars, the most WVU has ever paid a coordinator. I think it means the announcement of the Big 12's demise was premature.
Poached is a strong choice of words here. Was he still under contract and expected to remain at USC under Riley? I would have expected him to be gone. Good hire though and congrats.

Aug 16, 2012
Poached is a strong choice of words here. Was he still under contract and expected to remain at USC under Riley? I would have expected him to be gone. Good hire though and congrats.
Has sort of a "Sorry I cannot go out with you. But here is my girlfriend...she has a nice personality" feel to the whole thing.

Jan 14, 2006
The fun is just starting. WVU will go from worst offense and worst qb in the big 12 to upper third.

Don't forget about the impact on the transfer portal..... Don't get ahead of your skis here, but Jaxson Dart, quarterback from USC entered the NCAA Transfer Portal the moment the Harrell news was announced. I'm not assuming that he's following Harrell to Morgantown, but Harrell's arrival could raise a couple eyebrows in the portal, so be sure to keep an eye out for that
Yeah baby! Led an offense full of 5 stars to a 4-8 record and 28 points a game against the mighty defenses of the PAC 12.

Look out everyone! Neers are coming for us.

Just kidding. Looks like a decent hire. Especially if he brings a QB with him.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker

Looking at his resume, (which doesn't take long to read) it looks like WVU is buying a lot of "potential". WV already partied with a Leach disciple, and it didn't go all that well.

Sep 9, 2013
we're getting a bit OT here, and I apologize for starting it in this thread.

poach is a strong word, but getting him, and the price WVU paid to get him, is evidence that the AD's of the r8 dont see the money drying up.

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
we're getting a bit OT here, and I apologize for starting it in this thread.

poach is a strong word, but getting him, and the price WVU paid to get him, is evidence that the AD's of the r8 dont see the money drying up.
True that does support the thought that your AD has confidence in future income at least remaining level or probably increasing.

Edit. In case this didn't come across as I meant it. It definitely supports that your AD isn't concerned with income. I think it's a stretch to say all 8 ADs aren't concerned unless we see a few big contract hires like this. That is huge money for an OC though. Glad you guys picked him up I hope he does well.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Duh!

one of the r8 teams poaches USC's offensive coor for a school record 2.25 million dollars, the most WVU has ever paid a coordinator. I think it means the announcement of the Big 12's demise was premature.
I mean, Riley is gonna want the offense run his way. Don't think Harrell would be up to that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk