Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
It would have to be a secondary raid. The Big 10 snipes USC UCLA Oregon and Washington. We absorb Utah, Stanford, and whoever is left.

Or you see the top programs in the Big 12 and remaining Pac 12 teams come together and decide to cut some dead weight.

Oklahoma State
Kansas State
Baylor (threw up a little but on the field they are solid)
Iowa State
BYU
Kansas (basketball)
Stanford
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado (because of history)
Cal

Everyone else can piss off. Sorry Taco enjoy the the Mountain west where you belong. TCU can renew that great rivalry with SMU in the AAC. Oregon and Washington State can go do cool things in the MWC as well. Of the new guys you can argue WVU and Cincy and if we go to 14 those are my two. Houston can go back to the AAC and UCF, although intriguing is on a complete island for the current Big 12 makeup. The Manifest Destiny Conference is about looking west so sorry cool Florida school. You get to go back to the AAC.
I think staying at 12 is out of the question. We’ll be at least a 14 team league, but more than likely a 16 team league by the time the dust settles.
When someone can give me a reason(s) that makes realistic sense to expand beyond 12, I’ll actively join the conversation. Otherwise, it’s like discussing what hotel I’m going to book to attend the CFP Championship Game between OSU and Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2008
SC
When someone can give me a reason(s) that makes realistic sense to expand beyond 12, I’ll actively join the conversation. Otherwise, it’s like discussing what hotel I’m going to book to attend the CFP Championship Game between OSU and Bama.

I don’t like going beyond 12 and I don’t see it as being beneficial right now. But the future of the P5 conferences is 20 teams with 2 10 team pods. I hate that even more. The only for sure thing is the Big 12 is expanding beyond 12. It’s just a matter of if we go to 14 or 16 in wave 2 of expansion.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
I don’t like going beyond 12 and I don’t see it as being beneficial right now. But the future of the P5 conferences is 20 teams with 2 10 team pods. I hate that even more. The only for sure thing is the Big 12 is expanding beyond 12. It’s just a matter of if we go to 14 or 16 in wave 2 of expansion.
I don’t really mind the 10 team pod thing because it kinda goes back to the round robin we’ve had these past couple years. It really just puts an extra level into a bracket. Divisional championships will become important in that set up.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
I don’t really mind the 10 team pod thing because it kinda goes back to the round robin we’ve had these past couple years. It really just puts an extra level into a bracket. Divisional championships will become important in that set up.
I’m one who still misses the old Big 12. I’m just glad we’re taking baby steps and not jumping to such a high number so quick.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

The future is 20 team conferences? Where did you hear that? And why on earth does that make sense?

Dec 2, 2008
SC
The future is 20 team conferences? Where did you hear that? And why on earth does that make sense?

By watching TV, reading articles and paying attention to what some AD’s around the country have to say about it. But no, it doesn’t make sense to me and I absolutely hate the idea of it.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Folks, if the future is pay for play, or unchecked NIL, expansion is not where the landscape is headed. It’s contraction to only include the programs that can play in that arena.

As I said before, if the NIL money is unchecked there won't be major college football in Oklahoma at the rate things are going for both major college universities. If you really think about it when the SWC was handing out money like it was water to recruits neither the goons or the pokes fared very well. The kids in tejas were being made too much to leave the state. Let's not kid ourselves, we don't have near the money in the state to compete with SMU, TCU, or even the lowly taco breaths when they are allowed to grease the palm.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Folks, if the future is pay for play, or unchecked NIL, expansion is not where the landscape is headed. It’s contraction to only include the programs that can play in that arena.

As I said before, if the NIL money is unchecked there won't be major college football in Oklahoma at the rate things are going for both major college universities. If you really think about it when the SWC was handing out money like it was water to recruits neither the goons or the pokes fared very well. The kids in tejas were being made too much to leave the state. Let's not kid ourselves, we don't have near the money in the state to compete with SMU, TCU, or even the lowly taco breaths when they are allowed to grease the palm.
Don’t know about SMU or TCU or Tech. If their alumni are that flush with cash and willing to spend on athletics, those programs would be better situated with facilities, coaches salaries, recruiting budgets, etc….

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So we beat 0u and UT in football
and now uT in basketball
Just need to beat 0u in basketball and we’ll complete our part in sending off the traitors in style
Baseball, softball?, did we win soccer?, Wrestling for at least OU... What else?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk