Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I've been saying this for weeks (the 2nd half), but today was the first day I thought, "why don't we raid the PAC for their top teams?" I expect the BIG to take the top 4 from the PAC some time in the future, but maybe we can beat them to the punch. That's going to require the BIG to drag their feet and not do anything, and I'm not sure if that's realistic. I still think Utah, Colorado, and the Arizona schools are most likely.
There's a top four in the PAC?

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Right now, we'd be inviting the other orange and black OSU . . . .
Oregon and Washington's schools are too far way up north. Get Colorado back home, pair Utah up to be with BYU and get the two Az schools to share the desert with TTech. Arizona nowadays is as bad if not worst than Kansas. That would add to two easy wins by just playing vanilla with back-ups.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Oregon and Washington's schools are too far way up north. Get Colorado back home, pair Utah up to be with BYU and get the two Az schools to share the desert with TTech. Arizona nowadays is as bad if not worst than Kansas. That would add to two easy wins by just playing vanilla with back-ups.
I’d like to add Memphis and Boise State to that list.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2008
SC
Memphis is fixing to dump a lot of money into their football program and their basketball program would be a great addition to the conference. I really can’t make an argument for Boise St. other than I’d rather have them than an Arizona St. Those two teams seem to be the most realistic universities that would join in heartbeat.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Memphis is fixing to dump a lot of money into their football program and their basketball program would be a great addition to the conference. I really can’t make an argument for Boise St. other than I’d rather have them than an Arizona St. Those two teams seem to be the most realistic universities that would join in heartbeat.
If the PAC lost Colorado and the 'Zonas they are a non Power 5 almost immediately

Dec 2, 2008
SC
If the PAC lost Colorado and the 'Zonas they are a non Power 5 almost immediately
What do we have to offer those schools that the PAC-12 doesn’t already offer? Both conferences media rights deals are up in the air at this point. I fear that the Big 12 is content with the 4 schools they’ve picked up. The reason the mothership and FOX does not want to begin negotiation process is really because the conference is in limbo still. Get some more teams with a decent market and the media rights negotiations will begin after this season. Complacency and ignorance is what got this conference in the situation it’s in. Complacency and ignorance will end up being the demise of this conference.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2008
SC
No OU, Texas, USC, Oregon, or UCLA.
The new Big 12 could be called the "Blue Collar" conference (no blue bloods but lots of real programs).
Touché. I will retract my original statement and just go with Memphis. Big market, fixing to dump a lot of money into the football program (fighting hard to build a new stadium). Forget Boise St.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
How about Hawaii too?
Top 3 Reasons to add Hawai'i....

#3 - Listening to people trying to pronounce Hawaiian names with all those vowels!

#2 - You get an extra game! (The Hawai'i rule...)

#1 - The most amazing road trips!!!

But other than that, they don't add a whole lot and their travel would be worse than WVU. I can't see any good reason for adding them to the conference.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Simmons bank just announced today that they are partnering with the city of Memphis to significantly makeover the Liberty Bowl Stadium. Timing is NOT a coincidence.