Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
No doubt. Don't get me wrong, Arkansas isn't chopped liver, but we'd have more success against them than UT-Norman
Dont think that would happen now. I watched them give the Horns a woodshed whipping and their Defense is impressive. They are fast, hit hard and swarm to the ball. Given our O-line play, they would eat SS for lunch.

Also noticed several kids from Tulsa that played. Why are they playing in Fayetteville instead of Stillwater?

Mar 31, 2011
SMU money still runs rampant. EVERY major family in Dallas has SMU ties, and the entirety of Highland Park/University Park has SMU ties. SMU is the hometown team for anyone that grew up around Dallas, and is over the age of 40. If you don't believe fans will get rabid for them, just look what happened a few years ago with their basketball program. Pro athletes and celebrities were showing up every night, and the town was talking about it daily around the water cooler.
No one gives a s**t about SMU or what the topic of conversation was around the water cooler in specific Dallas suburbs, sorry bud.

Apr 7, 2006
Dont think that would happen now. I watched them give the Horns a woodshed whipping and their Defense is impressive. They are fast, hit hard and swarm to the ball. Given our O-line play, they would eat SS for lunch.

Also noticed several kids from Tulsa that played. Why are they playing in Fayetteville instead of Stillwater?
Ya we wouldn't want any of that right now, but that's true of a lot of schools at this moment.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm not a fan of all Texas schools in one group together.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Im curious as to why you feel that way and what you’d consider a better alternative?
I think that Texas schools just all playing each other most of the season, will increase their perception in the eyes of recruits. This will make it harder to pull those recruits to OSU.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009

I am still trying to figure out how Bielema left and they aren't facing a 10 year offensive line ban? I didn't know such a thing was possible.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The term may mean a human, but the mascot is a bird.

https://kuathletics.com/traditions/

The origin of the Jayhawk is rooted in the historic struggles of Kansas settlers. ... The name combines two birds–the blue jay, a noisy, quarrelsome thing known to rob other nests, and the sparrow hawk, a quiet, stealthy hunter.
As I said, the mascot is a mythical bird.

Dec 26, 2011
Stillwater

Their best offesnive lineman is from Union along with the freshman runningback that scored a TD. Pathetic that OSU gets 3rd dibs in Tulsa.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
Their best offesnive lineman is from Union along with the freshman runningback that scored a TD. Pathetic that OSU gets 3rd dibs in Tulsa.
Ya Tulsa should be a place where the Pokes have their pick of the litter :thumbup: If I remember correctly we were wanting AJ Green to play DB and he wanted to be a RB and Arkansas was willing to give him that chance.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I don’t get the attraction to Memphis. B-ball is good, football is really mediocre, and they’re in a small market. Although Houston is not exactly a football powerhouse, they’re in a huge market and fertile recruiting ground. The potential and resources are there for a resurgence.
While I do tend to agree with you about not feeling great about memphis coming on board, of what is left out there they have the best TV numbers and they have a HUGE potential financial backer in FedEx CEO Fred Smith. In fact, back in 2016, Smith hinted that FedEx would be interested in becoming a primary sponsor for the Big12 if they invited them.

Nov 6, 2010
Ya Tulsa should be a place where the Pokes have their pick of the litter :thumbup: If I remember correctly we were wanting AJ Green to play DB and he wanted to be a RB and Arkansas was willing to give him that chance.
Meh, Fayetteville is about the same distance as Stillwater, and SEC blah blah. The same way we can pull kids from Dallas, they're going to get some kids from Tulsa. This shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone nor looked at as a recruiting miss.