Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 18, 2010
Based on today’s performance getting out there with LSU/Bama is not a good idea. Hell getting out there with Union High School is not a good idea.
Come on now, we'd beat Union high school by at least 4 or 5 points. It might take a last minute drive at the end of the game, but we'd pull it out.

Seriously tho. We're going to have up years and in those years, there will be real potential to go undefeated. (As of this week, it doesn't look like this is one of those years.)

Nov 18, 2010
BYU and UCF will help the big 12 and Hou is a growing basketball power if west vrv does not leave for the ACC they and ciny couild be a rival
Cincy is currently ranked #7 in college football. Not too shabby.

Didn't think I'd be excited about expansion, but I am. Like someone else said, now I have new teams to root for...and I always enjoy rooting for non-"blueblood" teams.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Um, who's gonna tell him the obvious?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Tell me too, because I guess I'm missing it.
Jayhawk is an animal. Mythical to be correct, but still am animal. And cyclones have a bird mascot also.
So "Humans + 1" is incorrect. Humans + 2 is correct.

Edit to clarify cyclone mascot.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
All that money might be dead. Lol. I mean, how old would those boosters be now?

SMU money still runs rampant. EVERY major family in Dallas has SMU ties, and the entirety of Highland Park/University Park has SMU ties. SMU is the hometown team for anyone that grew up around Dallas, and is over the age of 40. If you don't believe fans will get rabid for them, just look what happened a few years ago with their basketball program. Pro athletes and celebrities were showing up every night, and the town was talking about it daily around the water cooler.
I really was kind of being facetious about that.