Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
Now that we’re back to 12 how do you want to see the divisions broken down? 2 divisions, 1 league, 4 pods?

I assume we would do what makes the most sense geographically…

West: BYU, TCU, BU, TTU, UH, OSU
East: UCF, WVU, Cinci, ISU, KU, KSU

A pod could be fun..

East: UCF, WVU, Cinci
North: ISU, KU, KSU
South: TTU, OSU, HOU
Bible: BYU, TCU, BU
"bible" that is some funny stuff.

Feb 25, 2008
Animal Division: Cougars, Cougars, Bears, Wildcats, Bearcats, Horned Frogs,
Human Division+1: Knights, Mountaineers, Cowboys, Red Raiders, Jayhawks, Cyclones

Jun 20, 2013
The only way this new conference will help OSU is if we dominate it. We have a chance to build the brand name and hopefully be attractive when future realignment takes place. We have to go on an OU like run and own this thing. I personally think dropping bedlam is also good for the Pokes now because losing anually to OU just shows we still aren't ready for prime-time. Gundy needs to take this opportunity and run with it. Better recruiting, better in game coaching, stop the gimmicky backwoods schtick and become a respected coach. Some of you find his act amusing and charming. We have no way of knowing how much damage it may be doing in recruiting. This is the time for OSU to grow up because if we can't do it with this collection of misfits then we never will.
This is exactly right. TCU became a big boy school by dominating the mountain west, etc. Nebraska and Colorado have fallen to irrelevancy even though they're "big boy conferences" because they can't win games. If we're the big dog, we either become a brand similar to oregon, clemson, etc, or we get invited to a conference that will give us the recognition. There is zero advantage to play OU consistently at this time.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I see a lot of people assuming that we are just going to dominate the new big 12. I hate to be the pessimist here but 3 of the remaining 8 have made the conference championship and 2 of the new teams have recently had undefeated seasons and competed well in NY6 bowls against sec teams. We've got some work to do to be the flagship of the new big 12.

That's doesn't mean we can't, I fully believe that we can, but it's not a gimme by any stretch and we could easily become the "Tennessee" of the big 12 if we aren't careful. Some of this starts with the fans.... attendance at our first two games has been atrocious.

Nov 6, 2010
Better hope this team hasn't peaked. We ain't winning any conference playing the way we have so far. If Gundy doesn't do something about recruiting and play calling we may end up middle of the pack in the little 12. We don't want any part of Arkansas right now, let alone Bama, LSU, Georgia and Auburn Put that little dream back to bed my friend.
Recruiting seems fine to me, but the offense is unwatchable now.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Recruiting seems fine to me, but the offense is unwatchable now.
Not so sure about the recruiting. I'm old and don't know much, but something is terribly wrong with the O line. Lots of folks yelling for Dickey's head, but not sure if we have the animals on the line. Secondly, I don't see the game breakers at wide receiver or RB that OSU has had bunches of in the past.

Nov 6, 2010
Not so sure about the recruiting. I'm old and don't know much, but something is terribly wrong with the O line. Lots of folks yelling for Dickey's head, but not sure if we have the animals on the line. Secondly, I don't see the game breakers at wide receiver or RB that OSU has had bunches of in the past.
I think the oline issue is more about the RPO concept than ability. The guys have to hesitate by design, so how can they be expected to dominate their opponent by playing on their heels? We had two true freshmen WRs basically win the game for us with the plays they made, so I think we'll be fine there, and we've got two 4* RB's committed in this class as long as we can get them signed.

Jun 20, 2013
All that money might be dead. Lol. I mean, how old would those boosters be now?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
SMU money still runs rampant. EVERY major family in Dallas has SMU ties, and the entirety of Highland Park/University Park has SMU ties. SMU is the hometown team for anyone that grew up around Dallas, and is over the age of 40. If you don't believe fans will get rabid for them, just look what happened a few years ago with their basketball program. Pro athletes and celebrities were showing up every night, and the town was talking about it daily around the water cooler.

Jun 20, 2013
If it were up to me, I'd try and schedule a few name brands that don't really scare anyone but look good on paper - Tennessee, Nebraska, Michigan, Arkansas, Miami, etc. We'd win a fair share playing any of those teams, but winning those games looks good because most of the media's perception is based off of teams that were winning 20-30 years ago.
This aged remarkably well after Texas messed the sheets Saturday! :lol::lol::lol: So freaking great!

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
People with hats & the things they shoot Division: Cowboys, Mountaineers, Knights, Red Raiders, Wildcats, BYU Cougars

Animals that don't exist or aren't indigenous to the area of their college Division: Jayhawks, Horned Frogs, UH Cougars, Bearcats, Baylor Bears, Cyclone Birds

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Something I noticed this weekend watching B12 games (and I really want it to be true)...

The B12 promo vids, only have 1/2 second blips of anything oU/Texas related. Blink and you'll miss it. Was this done on purpose? AND if it wasn't, why isn't it being done? Actually, I'd remove anything that promotes (showcases) oU/Texas whatsoever.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Something I noticed this weekend watching B12 games (and I really want it to be true)...

The B12 promo vids, only have 1/2 second blips of anything oU/Texas related. Blink and you'll miss it. Was this done on purpose? AND if it wasn't, why isn't it being done? Actually, I'd remove anything that promotes (showcases) oU/Texas whatsoever.
Or only highlights of the R8 making plays against those two jerks.