Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 9, 2004
it is inevitable. they'll go somewhere because they want to compete at the highest level. and can afford to.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
What are the odds they’re just trying to renegotiate with Big XII and want leverage? Seems like an oddly timed move with playoff expansion coming, IMHO.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2004
I always thought we should have tried to beat OU to the SEC. what can mizzou and vanderbilt offer that is significantly better than us.
in this instance i think early to the party was better. both sides have to want each other. just because you (OSU) wants to hook up with the SEC, doesn't mean the SEC wants us.
vanderbilt has nothing to do with this conversation. they are a long time member of the conference. they aren't going to be invited to leave.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
It would make the path to a big XII football championship much easier. Gundy could potentially rack em up and have a bountiful amount of championship. Hell gundy might be for it!!!

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
in this instance i think early to the party was better. both sides have to want each other. just because you (OSU) wants to hook up with the SEC, doesn't mean the SEC wants us.
vanderbilt has nothing to do with this conversation. they are a long time member of the conference. they aren't going to be invited to leave.
My point was we should have been forward thinking and have tried. I used vanderbilt to compare us to 2 members nothing more and nothing less.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Texas and OU want nothing to do with that smoke. Their brand would get smothered if they could never win the SEC or weren't even competitive for years if ever. Aggie writer gonna Aggie.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
I mean if they could get more money I could see this being a good move for them, but the gooners dominate this conference and especially with the expansion of the playoffs would proabably make it there most years. Now if they were to move to the SEC I think that would be a different story for them altogether.

Jul 9, 2004
For the same reasons it wanted mizzou.
i don't agree. but no one knows at this point. mizz brings KC, st. louis markets. we don't bring a market. mizz left years ago. sec can be picky now. they don't have to bring in a school that brings little to the table. unless they just want another mizz or mississippi st.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
what TVs would oSu bring not already brought by the land thieves?
It is no longer so much about the TV sets you bring in since cable cutting has become such a big issue. Now it is more about the content you bring and in that area at least we have a lot of good content with most of our athletic teams. Not sure it is enough to move the needle though.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
It is no longer so much about the TV sets you bring in since cable cutting has become such a big issue. Now it is more about the content you bring and in that area at least we have a lot of good content with most of our athletic teams. Not sure it is enough to move the needle though.
I don't buy that logic. The SECN needs eyeballs. OU would bring the state. This will likely all be decided in Texas anyway.