Big 12 Basketball Makeup Games?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 23, 2004
Tulsa, OK
So does the Big 12 plan to get some of the cancelled basketball games re-scheduled?

Our last scheduled game is Saturday, February 27 in Norman. If I have my dates correct, the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City doesn't start until Wednesday, March 10. That is plenty of time to re-schedule our game at West Virginia and for many of the other cancelled/postponed games.

Surely this is why the Big 12 started the conference games so early. If they are concerned about COVID exposure so soon to the Big Dance, have the teams come to Kansas City early and play the makeup games there.

I just have not heard anyone talking about makeups, though.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
They've rescheduled some of the games (OU for example) mid weeks. My assumption for that open week is that they are waiting until they know exactly how many games they are going to need to fit in there and between who. WVU has at least 3 that I know of they have to make up already.

So they're trying to get in as many extra as they can before then, then they will reevaluate for that last open week.