Big 12 Baseball Tournnament

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
The only major frustration I had in the game was going to Cable. I think almost everyone knew what the outcome of that would be and it was exactly that. He faced 5 batters and walked 3 with 2 wild pitches in a critical spot in the game. Just can't put anybody on the mound that's going to take you out of the game.

Apr 7, 2006
The other thing I'd say is you can't become a championship caliber team allowing 11 walks. You want to get beat giving up hits. Giving away runners to a team that runs like TCU will almost guarantee a loss.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
This was the last tournament in okc for at least 3 yrs right? Kind of sad seemed like they had pretty good crowds for all of the games. 2 of the osu games were sells outs. Now I’m sure it will look like no one is there in Arlington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
RPI is now at 14. Technically, the #32 team would have to go to Fayetteville, if they really seeded it that way. If we get sent there, it would be a major screw job.

KSU's RPI is at #71, some say they are in. If they are, its based on the league's overall RPI.
When do we find out how bad we got screwed?
11am tomorrow.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
This was the last tournament in okc for at least 3 yrs right? Kind of sad seemed like they had pretty good crowds for all of the games. 2 of the osu games were sells outs. Now I’m sure it will look like no one is there in Arlington.

I lived in Dallas and went in Arlington when we won the tournament early 2000's..maybe 2002? Atmosphere was zero.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

I lived in Dallas and went in Arlington when we won the tournament early 2000's..maybe 2002? Atmosphere was zero.
Yeah I assume the same for the next 3 years.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
I know everyone is worried that we will get a bad draw by going to Fayetteville or Nashville, but Ruston won’t be a cake walk.

LaTech isn’t a cake walk, but certainly not as scary as Vandy or Arkansas, but that LaTech regional will prolly have a sell out crowd for the 3 seed LSU that’s playing for their retiring coach. It’s definitely not the silver lining option we thought it might be.

Apr 14, 2009
This team is exactly what we saw a month ago. They are a good team not a great team. TCU is just better then the Cowboys this year.
I tip my hat to them.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Frisco would be the perfect venue if they are going to DFW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
I know everyone is worried that we will get a bad draw by going to Fayetteville or Nashville, but Ruston won’t be a cake walk.

LaTech isn’t a cake walk, but certainly not as scary as Vandy or Arkansas, but that LaTech regional will prolly have a sell out crowd for the 3 seed LSU that’s playing for their retiring coach. It’s definitely not the silver lining option we thought it might be.
Agree. Neither option is real appealing and both would be very tough. Ruston seems like it would be the "lesser of 2 evils" and anything would be better than playing the nation's top team IMO. Maybe we get a curveball in a good sense and don't go to either, but that would be very surprising.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

I agree with all of this.....but we have a better chance against LaTech than Fayetteville. This team could compete with LaTech....this team can't compete with Arkansas. We don't have enough pitching and enough clutch hitting against the teams mentioned