Biden administration to open overflow shelter for migrant children in Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It begins again..........

The facility in Carrizo Springs has been unoccupied since late 2019

The Biden administration said it plans on reactivating a "temporary Influx Care Facility" in Carrizo Springs, Texas, to potentially accommodate up to 700 migrant children within the next two weeks.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released a statement obtained by Fox News that said its Office of Refugee Resettlement division currently funds 13,200 licensed beds. Axios reported on Monday that President Biden has faced a crisis at the border with an influx of unaccompanied minors and strict health guidelines in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...lOa17R-lRYXDdKjqlS3GIR1p4ay15BtbkF0wxeiKkhxEk

Seriously, given China Joe's comments since the election who couldn't see this coming!

Of course China Joe calls it "eliminating bad policy,"!

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
The number of unaccompanied alien children is approaching 300 a day now!

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents have seen the average daily flow of migrants at the border surge to more than 3,500 a day from 2,000 last month. Meanwhile, the number of unaccompanied alien children is approaching 300 a day.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-biden-of-migration-crisis-border

China Joe putting more children in cages and at risk.

Jun 14, 2011

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents have seen the average daily flow of migrants at the border surge to more than 3,500 a day from 2,000 last month. Meanwhile, the number of unaccompanied alien children is approaching 300 a day.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-biden-of-migration-crisis-border

Thanks for the post there, Subtlyracist Cimarron! I'm glad we are helping children in need.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

I wonder why this wasnt a story between Nov 18 and Dec 8 when it went over 200 per day unaccompanied minors

Is 300 the magic number when it becomes a story ?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I wonder why this wasnt a story between Nov 18 and Dec 8 when it went over 200 per day unaccompanied minors

Is 300 the magic number when it becomes a story ?
You will have to ask the media. You deny the issue's at the border aren't increasing again under Biden?

zachya

Feel the sting, feeling time bearing down.
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Home

...I say we put em in a catapult and launch em back down south...

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
...I say we put em in a catapult and launch em back down south...
I have no problem with legal immigration practices, I'm all for it. I have many friends to the south of the US border and have traveled there many times. The rhetoric though that Biden has been pushing leads to crime and putting children in danger. I simply can't understand the logic of that other than it's political rather than humanitarian, which is a major factor of the issues some countries to the south of us suffer from.

zachya

Feel the sting, feeling time bearing down.
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Home
I have no problem with legal immigration practices, I'm all for it. I have many friends to the south of the US border and have traveled there many times. The rhetoric though that Biden has been pushing leads to crime and putting children in danger. I simply can't understand the logic of that other than it's political rather than humanitarian, which is a major factor of the issues some countries to the south of us suffer from.
Are you for or against catapult usage?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
You seriously 'wonder' about this?
I wonder about the decision making process in that situation and who determines at Fox that 200 per day is a non story and 300 per day is a story. Just like when other MSM decided when it was much higher it was a HUGE story, but once it dropped down to a couple of hundred a DAY, it disappeared.

With all the mess that has occurred around unaccompanied minors in the last 2 years, don't you think it should be a story that is covered every day to some degree by all news outlets? We are talking about children here, if there were 200 homeless American kids per day hitting the streets then it would be the bigger than COVID in the news cycle. Yet all news outlets seem to shun this story until it is convenient to use in a political context.

These are CHILDREN

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I wonder about the decision making process in that situation and who determines at Fox that 200 per day is a non story and 300 per day is a story. Just like when other MSM decided when it was much higher it was a HUGE story, but once it dropped down to a couple of hundred a DAY, it disappeared.

With all the mess that has occurred around unaccompanied minors in the last 2 years, don't you think it should be a story that is covered every day to some degree by all news outlets? We are talking about children here, if there were 200 homeless American kids per day hitting the streets then it would be the bigger than COVID in the news cycle. Yet all news outlets seem to shun this story until it is convenient to use in a political context.

These are CHILDREN
CNN had 10 stories up about Trump at one point yesterday afternoon. They're a business, and they know those stories will draw more clicks than stories about the kids, unless they can tie the stories about the kids to Trump. When they can't, the story's a fart in the wind. Hopefully, AOC shows up at the border soon for another tearful photo op.

Regardless, you won't hear a bunch of pearl clutching over reuiniting all those unaccompanied with their families now.

The fact that you express wonderment over certain stories' exclusion says a lot.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
wonder about the decision making process in that situation and who determines at Fox that 200 per day is a non story and 300 per day is a story. Just like when other MSM decided when it was much higher it was a HUGE story, but once it dropped down to a couple of hundred a DAY, it disappeared.
It's not really a mystery. The decisions at all MSM is driven by three things; R, D and $.