Bedlam Football Season 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yes what I’m saying is true. I’m sticking with talking about 2011. Alabama got in because their loss was to a 12-0 team by 3 points. That’s as close to being undefeated as it gets. Closer than losing by 6 to a 6-6 team.

Was it fair that’s Osu got left out for Alabama? Objectively yes.
Yet you ignore the TCU scenario….hmmm ok. Well I guess when you’re wrong, you can only address half the argument. My whole point isn’t explicitly 2011, it’s about the entire system being set up on a playing field with blue bloods getting an automatic head start. And also ignoring the fact that Alabama still would’ve gotten in with swapped resumes. I live in Alabama and even the most die hard Tide fans agree with that, even though they think Alabama was the better team.

I can tell you’re trying to have your cake and eat it too by ignoring the lack of consistency in selecting who’s worthy of playing for a NC.

So you admit it’s laughable that an undeserving Oklahoma got in the 2015 playoffs over Ohio state after losing to 5-7 Texas and rightfully got their a**es kicked? Ohio states only loss was to.a top 5 Michigan state team. Shoulda been two teams in from the same conference that year too. I dont want to hear anything about any of OU’s wins, because you’re conveniently ignoring OSU’s good wins in 2011 and only focusing on their loss to a 6-6 team in double OT on the road. I’d say losing a 5-7 team on a neutral field is worse. At least OU got the chance to prove they had no business being there, thanks purely to the fact that they’re a blue blood from a different conference but were objectively worse than Ohio State. I mean, they lost to 5-7 Texas!!!!! I think 5-7 is worse than 6-6, isn’t it?
Not trying to ignore it. I just trying to keep this thing under three or four paragraphs. You’re moving the goal posts. We were talking about 2011. I don’t wanna spend 20 minutes on every response. Jumping back and forth. TCU and Baylor got screwed in large part because the big 12 declined to declare a champion.

If you can’t see why Alabama had an objectively better loss than Osu Youre Not seeing things straight and only through your own lens. Obviously higher profile programs have more advantages. That did not help Alabama in 2011 though. It’s time to get over it.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
How cute, you just can't admit bring yourself to admit the truth.
Well to be fair, to his credit, he did actually say some schools have a bigger margin for error, which is exactly the point I’m making here. The unfortunate thing is, those schools don’t need any more advantages. It’s like the 1%er’s also not having to pay taxes. Which is a damn shame for the non 99%ers, because their fans love their team and watching football just as much.

but hey that’s just reality. Life ain’t fair.
Yup and until you take it from them that’s how it’ll he

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Not trying to ignore it. I just trying to keep this thing under three or four paragraphs. You’re moving the goal posts. We were talking about 2011. I don’t wanna spend 20 minutes on every response. Jumping back and forth. TCU and Baylor got screwed in large part because the big 12 declined to declare a champion.

If you can’t see why Alabama had an objectively better loss than Osu Youre Not seeing things straight and only through your own lens. Obviously higher profile programs have more advantages. That did not help Alabama in 2011 though. It’s time to get over it.
I’m not saying losing to a 6-6 team is a better loss than losing to #1, I think OSU’s wins/resume in its entirety was better. But whatever, we’re not going to agree on that and that’s fine.

what I’m saying is that if OSU was OU or Texas in 2011, then it would’ve been OU/TX vs. LSU. So yes, that did help Alabama.

But you are right that it's just the way many things in life are and that's how it will be until somebody takes it from them. Which is why I'm so impressed by Clemson. That's the only program in the modern college football landscape I've ever seen "take it from em" and will continue to enjoy watching them when they beat Alabama and Ohio State.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

I’m not saying losing to a 6-6 team is a better loss than losing to #1, I think OSU’s wins/resume in its entirety was better. But whatever, we’re not going to agree on that and that’s fine.

what I’m saying is that if OSU was OU or Texas in 2011, then it would’ve been OU/TX vs. LSU. So yes, that did help Alabama.

But you are right that it's just the way many things in life are and that's how it will be until somebody takes it from them. Which is why I'm so impressed by Clemson. That's the only program in the modern college football landscape I've ever seen "take it from em" and will continue to enjoy watching them when they beat Alabama and Ohio State.
They both had four victories over ranked teams.

They both lost one game.

Losses generally are going to come in to play when one teams only loss was to the number one team.

I mean you can project all you want, if you think it would’ve been different, then that’s fine. Think about it and dream about it. Have fun with it.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Big sister let one get away, it's a barrel of fun.
Well, some players are worth 2 scholarships, some arent. OU didnt think he was worth 2 scholarships. And when you already have the #1 wr in the '22 class, and are legit contenders to get the commitments of the #1, #2 and #3 wrs in the '23 class...you just gottta let lil bro have one once in a while. Hopefully he turns out to be really good.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Well, some players are worth 2 scholarships, some arent. OU didnt think he was worth 2 scholarships. And when you already have the #1 wr in the '22 class, and are legit contenders to get the commitments of the #1, #2 and #3 wrs in the '23 class...you just gottta let lil bro have one once in a while. Hopefully he turns out to be really good.
The best part is that he was committed to OU and you thought he'd go there and then he committed to us instead.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yep. That is probably the best part. Hopefully the wasted scholarship on his brother wont be a big deal.
We aren't his only offer. I'm sure it'll be just fine. The brother is a TE and we don't know how to use those properly. So, if he doesn't have a productive career, it won't really matter.

Gotta love when we poach a recruit from twin sis though!

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We wasted one on Tylan Wallace's brother, worked out OK.
Well, in regard to getting the commitment of a high quality player, yes. But, difficult to project where spending an extra scholarship on a walk on quality player will lead. Sometimes it doesnt matter. Shettron could be worth 2 scholarships. Only time will tell.

We aren't his only offer. I'm sure it'll be just fine. The brother is a TE and we don't know how to use those properly. So, if he doesn't have a productive career, it won't really matter.

Gotta love when we poach a recruit from twin sis though!
It wont matter to him for sure, cause he 'getting a free ride in state. He wont have to play at boring kstate or texas state. Honestly, if it were me and i had offers from Dartmouth, AFA, Penn, Yale, and Tulsa- I am not sure i would choose stillwater. All of those schools stand out academically and would set him up for life. But hey, at least he gets to practice with his brother in college, which is probably more valuable than a degree from Yale.

Yes, I am sure it's nice to get a flip from big bro. OU has done it to osu quite a number of times, so it's nice to see them get a shot once in a while. Luckily for OU, their stupid wealth of talent and future talent at the position softens the blow quite a bit. Would have been a bigger coup if they got guys like chris mcclellan and gentry williams.

And until they can built a depth chart that can challenge OU this is about as close to a victory over Riley that gundy may see again for a while, if ever.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Well, in regard to getting the commitment of a high quality player, yes. But, difficult to project where spending an extra scholarship on a walk on quality player will lead. Sometimes it doesnt matter. Shettron could be worth 2 scholarships. Only time will tell.

It wont matter to him for sure, cause he 'getting a free ride in state. He wont have to play at boring kstate or texas state. Honestly, if it were me and i had offers from Dartmouth, AFA, Penn, Yale, and Tulsa- I am not sure i would choose stillwater. All of those schools stand out academically and would set him up for life. But hey, at least he gets to practice with his brother in college, which is probably more valuable than a degree from Yale.

Yes, I am sure it's nice to get a flip from big bro. OU has done it to osu quite a number of times, so it's nice to see them get a shot once in a while. Luckily for OU, their stupid wealth of talent and future talent at the position softens the blow quite a bit. Would have been a bigger coup if they got guys like chris mcclellan and gentry williams.

And until they can built a depth chart that can challenge OU this is about as close to a victory over Riley that gundy may see again for a while, if ever.
No. OU is not big bro. Both schools were established in December of 1890. You've always refered to us as brother and you've always been sister. OSU and OU are twins. OU is OSU's twin sister and we are the brother sibling.

Those other smart schools are nice, but an OSU alum drove a billionaire to outer space earlier today. So, you can go to OSU and make it just fine in life.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
No. OU is not big bro. Both schools were established in December of 1890. You've always refered to us as brother and you've always been sister. OSU and OU are twins. OU is OSU's twin sister and we are the brother sibling.

Those other smart schools are nice, but an OSU alum drove a billionaire to outer space earlier today. So, you can go to OSU and make it just fine in life.
Yes, osu is lil bro. Just the way it is. Your tacit agreement is not going to change anything. You know what the lobsided nature of 90-18-7 means. You know they lost 6 games in a row to big bro. You know they are 2-16 over the last 18 seasons. It means, at this point, osu will likely be lil bro to OU for the entirety of the existence of the football program.

Yeah, well a uco graduate used to run FEMA. So he could have went to uco and turned out fine. I'm sure if your kid had a scholarship offer at Yale and Osu, that you would tell him that he could pick Yale and most likely be set for life, or he could go to osu, and talk about the time an osu alum drove a billionaire to space. Tough choice for sure.