Bedlam Cup

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Looks like a win thanks to the cowgirls loss. If they met UO again and loss, the cup would’ve been tied. And after 22 years, this BC win gives the Pokes the tie breaker in overall wins as well. Since 99, it’s 11 UO, 12 OSU.

I’m reminded of the futurama episode where Lela fights Lela from another dimension and the professor says “now now, perfectly symmetrical fighting never solved anything “.

https://youtu.be/nuW0pUG3PrQ

https://okstate.com/sports/2021/8/27/the-bedlam-series-2021-22.aspx?id=1596

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
What really is kinda funny...is that most ou fans suddenly care about other sports now that they don't have football to fall back on.
Don't have football to fall back on? I must have missed something.

And there are plenty of OU fans who watch most of the other sports.

Oct 6, 2012

I've been to some ou baseball games in Norman, not many ou fans watch baseball. When I say not many I mean a couple-to-several dozen. Mostly family members of the players. All ou fans are avid baseball fans today though.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Kind of weird that they count each instance of baseball and softball, including meetings in the conference and NCAA tournaments. As it is, those sports counted for 8 points and football for 1.
I know they've changed the scoring and football used to be worth more than 1.

Eh, whatever. We won. They lost. And we can keep winning until they hit the bricks.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Kind of weird that they count each instance of baseball and softball, including meetings in the conference and NCAA tournaments. As it is, those sports counted for 8 points and football for 1.
I know they've changed the scoring and football used to be worth more than 1.

Eh, whatever. We won. They lost. And we can keep winning until they hit the bricks.
football used to be worth 2 as it was all the other sports I think...

Jan 1, 2011
tx
Looks like a win thanks to the cowgirls loss. If they met UO again and loss, the cup would’ve been tied. And after 22 years, this BC win gives the Pokes the tie breaker in overall wins as well. Since 99, it’s 11 UO, 12 OSU.

I’m reminded of the futurama episode where Lela fights Lela from another dimension and the professor says “now now, perfectly symmetrical fighting never solved anything “.

https://youtu.be/nuW0pUG3PrQ

https://okstate.com/sports/2021/8/27/the-bedlam-series-2021-22.aspx?id=1596
Since ou softball will be ranked no 1 or 2 I believe that will be counted in bedlam as well as baseball in the CWS. correct me if i am wrong.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Since ou softball will be ranked no 1 or 2 I believe that will be counted in bedlam as well as baseball in the CWS. correct me if i am wrong.
It said on the bottom of the link last weekend they were waiting for post season play to finish before declaring. In baseball, track (I think) and softball.

After the girls loss, it said it was final.

I might have misunderstood what you’re saying but it’s only on matchups and not rankings. Unless Big 12 championships where there’s no direct head to head matchups.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014

tbh all of my uo friends talk 97% football, next is softball (2%), then whatever sport happens to win at the time (1%)...

Jan 1, 2011
tx
i was going by "The Bedlam Series is calculated by straight wins and losses in head to head competition. In sports where there is no head to head matchup, the Big 12 Championship final standings are used." so you are right CWS wouldn't count, unlessI guess ou and OSU were in the final 2?

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
i was going by "The Bedlam Series is calculated by straight wins and losses in head to head competition. In sports where there is no head to head matchup, the Big 12 Championship final standings are used." so you are right CWS wouldn't count, unlessI guess ou and OSU were in the final 2?
That’s the way I understood it. I figured the odds weren’t in our favor so this year would tie if we did play and lose. And we need this win to break the 22 year tie. Or else it would be a 23 year tie.

Good lord that hurt typing that.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
You should try reading it.......

;)
I did. Many times. I just find it all ridiculously absurd.

We came so close to literally being tied in a two way contest after 23 years. How is that even possible in the first place? 11 all and 1 year tied. Just silly

Then the crazier part is that our girls had to lose, for us to win.

The cups name really and sincerely is the only logical and correct word that describes the entire data set.