Bedlam Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
We also have to keep in mind the Cowboys have been healthy for only a handful of games this year. And the last two series they have not had 2/3 of the starting rotation - that is significant.

So they have the talent to go on one of those streaks but need to get healthy to make it more likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's fair.

There isn't a position we could less afford to have injuries at than starting pitching. Parker and Justin covered a lot of deficiencies this team has (inconsistent offense, weak bullpen) and with them gone, there's just not much left.

But therein lies the question--how is this pitching staff so bad outside of the starters and Standlee? And why are guys like Cable and Phansalkar given chance after chance while Stone just goes out there and sits people down...but has two less appearances than the other two? And CJ Varela...he had a bad outing in one game, but he's PROVEN in the past he can pitch in big time games, yet he's only pitched 7.2 innings this year.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
Definitely no hyperbole needed for 16-2 in a Bedlam conference game.

I remember that Big XII tournament weekend under Frank, that team basically quit.

I remember UCLA coming to Stillwater for a regional and beating us something like 22-2, twice. BUT, those opponents were much better than the team that destroyed OSU last night.
Watching Troy Glaus putting on a hitting clinic against everyone in the regional, even Tim Hudson from Auburn got lit up.

Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
I was there. Wasnt because he was “dialed in”. We were just giving away at bats.
Exactly, we had batters swinging like their were either playing Cricket or Badminton. Completely void of discipline in the box by so many last night. GW would have kept them all in the cages until the bus left this morning.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Josh said that after the game “there was a strong response from some of the leaders on the team...they were very embarrassed.”

The question is, do they know what to do about it? Swinging harder isn’t the answer.