Bedlam Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Thank goodness that is over. Ugliest game I can remember and I’ve been watching Cowboy baseball since mid-80’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I said earlier, worst performance in a conference game I’ve seen since the days of Chet and I’ve been watching since the early 70’s. At least back then you could sit on the hill and laugh at Chet trying to stand up after several cups of “water”.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
This is a bit off topic but I'm ready to see additional changes to speed up the game. Specifically I'd like to see the batters stay in the batters box unless there's a foul ball or offensive timeout. If we're going to have a pitch clock I say make it even. Max Hewitt, for example, takes an eternity between pitches and it just slows things down.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
That is what I was told by the gate agent last weekend. She said mid to late May.
This rumor has been making the rounds for a bit that once students leave, we can open it up. But I'm not buying it. I think they might sell more general admission tickets to account for the loss of students, but the whole stadium seems like a stretch.

Logistically speaking, the ticket office would have to reseat season ticket holders (since some people with behind home seats, got moved to the outfield), and would be livid, if new people got to slide into those seats. And you would be reseating the stadium for only 2-weekend series, only to do it again if we made the postseason since a host would be capped at 50% capacity by NCAA mandate.

Thank goodness that is over. Ugliest game I can remember and I’ve been watching Cowboy baseball since mid-80’s.
It's not even the worst bedlam loss. Frank once got boat raced for 21 runs to OU in one of those Big12 tourney's where we lost all 3 games (2006?). Certainly, the worst bedlam performance during the Josh era, because it felt like the players and coaches quit, but let's not go full hyperbole.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
That is what I was told by the gate agent last weekend. She said mid to late May.
This rumor has been making the rounds for a bit that once students leave, we can open it up. But I'm not buying it. I think they might sell more general admission tickets to account for the loss of students, but the whole stadium seems like a stretch.

Logistically speaking, the ticket office would have to reseat season ticket holders (since some people with behind home seats, got moved to the outfield), and would be livid, if new people got to slide into those seats. And you would be reseating the stadium for only 2-weekend series, only to do it again if we made the postseason since a host would be capped at 50% capacity by NCAA mandate.

It's not even the worst bedlam loss. Frank once got boat raced for 21 runs to OU in one of those Big12 tourney's where we lost all 3 games (2006?). Certainly, the worst bedlam performance during the Josh era, because it felt like the players and coaches quit, but let's not go full hyperbole.
No hyperbole, just recounting what I remember. And it was ugly.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
No hyperbole, just recounting what I remember. And it was ugly.

Definitely no hyperbole needed for 16-2 in a Bedlam conference game.

I remember that Big XII tournament weekend under Frank, that team basically quit.

I remember UCLA coming to Stillwater for a regional and beating us something like 22-2, twice. BUT, those opponents were much better than the team that destroyed OSU last night.

Herecomesbullets

Territorial Marshal
Nov 14, 2010
Josh has his work cut out but we've seen his teams in the past get hot and start playing to their potential out of nowhere.

Baseball is such a tough game.

It's easy to lose your mojo for periods of time, which is what has happened to this club recently.

The Dodgers lost 10 games in a row and 15 out of 16 in September of 2017.

Just days before then playoffs started.

Tyler Buffet was lost, then all of the sudden became great down the stretch in 2016.

Streaks in baseball can snap both ways.

I do think the TCU series is still providing a hangover effect for this team though.

I was there in Ft Worth and got to experience how big of a gut punch that series was.

What that series did was just kind of give off the feeling that everyone is waiting for something bad to happen to lose.

That series set a tone of, no matter what good happens, we figure out a way to screw it up.

Then the double header last Saturday was just tough.

It wasn't tough, it was downright brutal.

We just need to string a couple good performances together and get a better vibe going through the dugout and get to playing the way we are capable of.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Josh has his work cut out but we've seen his teams in the past get hot and start playing to their potential out of nowhere.

Baseball is such a tough game.

It's easy to lose your mojo for periods of time, which is what has happened to this club recently.

The Dodgers lost 10 games in a row and 15 out of 16 in September of 2017.

Just days before then playoffs started.

Tyler Buffet was lost, then all of the sudden became great down the stretch in 2016.

Streaks in baseball can snap both ways.

I do think the TCU series is still providing a hangover effect for this team though.

I was there in Ft Worth and got to experience how big of a gut punch that series was.

What that series did was just kind of give off the feeling that everyone is waiting for something bad to happen to lose.

That series set a the of, no matter what good happens, we figure out a way to screw it up.

Then the double header last Saturday was just tough.

We just need to string a couple good performances together and get a better vibe going through the dugout and get to playing the way we are capable of.
We also have to keep in mind the Cowboys have been healthy for only a handful of games this year. And the last two series they have not had 2/3 of the starting rotation - that is significant.

So they have the talent to go on one of those streaks but need to get healthy to make it more likely.