Bedlam Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 17, 2011
We lost to them in women's golf and indoor track.

Still have to face them in softball, which is probably their best team. But, still it's been a dominating year. Both basketball teams going 5-0 was the big difference.
We basically split softball and baseball with them, the difference is that our softball team has made huge strides compared to OUs baseball team

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I thought the overly exuberant celebration after the game last night was BUSH.
They acted like they won a regional or something.
There was a time in our baseball past when our coaches frowned on that kind of behavior. Our teams acted like they were supposed to win every game. They acted like they had been there and done that.
I remember Tom holiday as an assistant coach criticizing other teams for such actions saying that they should all get a short pleated skirt and a tight sweater. Times have changed. JMHO
Doesn't bother me. It happens on just about every walk off at every level and has for quite some time now.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
There was a time in our baseball past when our coaches frowned on that kind of behavior. Our teams acted like they were supposed to win every game. They acted like they had been there and done that.
I remember Tom holiday as an assistant coach criticizing other teams for such actions saying that they should all get a short pleated skirt and a tight sweater. Times have changed. JMHO
Rabble rabble... Get off my lawn.....
It was Bedlam. Almost every win in bedlam this year has resulted in a pretty good celebration. Got no problem with it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Rabble rabble... Get off my lawn.....
It was Bedlam. Almost every win in bedlam this year has resulted in a pretty good celebration. Got no problem with it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
1 post we aren’t screaming and hyped up playing ou.

next post we are too hyped beating ou

Jul 9, 2004
Username checks out..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2004
Username checks out

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010

Josh Holliday, our current Coach, is the son of Tom Holliday.

Josh is one of the biggest cheerleaders as a Coach you'll find anywhere and at any level.

Tom Holliday is the color analyst on the TV broadcasts.

He's never 1 time mentioned how he doesn't like Josh's cheerleading.

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
Press release doesn’t give us much on starting pitchers View attachment 89648
If Scott was 100% healthy, why in the world would we not start him tonight? He's pitched with one less rest day already this year, so that's not the issue. Everyone was expecting Osmond to start Tuesday's game, so it was a shock when he didn't. That tells me they learned something about Scott early in the week that changed their plans. Your ace pitches the first game of the series, if he is healthy. And to be honest, you're not playing head games with a 10-9 WVU team.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
If Scott was 100% healthy, why in the world would we not start him tonight? Your ace pitches the first game of the series, if he is healthy.
Your ace does not necessarily always throw Friday. Remember Michael Freeman? Dude was damn near un-hittable and Sunday's games were over before they even began.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
If Scott was 100% healthy, why in the world would we not start him tonight? He's pitched with one less rest day already this year, so that's not the issue. Everyone was expecting Osmond to start Tuesday's game, so it was a shock when he didn't. That tells me they learned something about Scott early in the week that changed their plans. Your ace pitches the first game of the series, if he is healthy. And to be honest, you're not playing head games with a 10-9 WVU team.
Thought Josh said Osmond was starting tonight?

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Parker Scott has a sore arm so that’s why Bryce is moved to the rotation this weekend. The plan was Bryce to start bedlam, but Parker’s arm hasn’t recovered so their trying to give him extra rest.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2009
Parker Scott has a sore arm so that’s why Bryce is moved to the rotation this weekend. The part was Bryce to start bedlam, but Parker’s arm hasn’t recovered so their trying to give him extra rest.
117 pitches or whatever will do that to ya, not sure why he went back in or wasn't pulled around 100 or so?

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
Your ace does not necessarily always throw Friday. Remember Michael Freeman? Dude was damn near un-hittable and Sunday's games were over before they even began.
Of course he doesn't have to start every Friday, but all of the moves that have occurred this week have been indicators that Scott wasn't throwing this weekend. He has started the first game of EVERY weekend series (minus Illinois State due to very quick turnaround) to this point and is our ace. You throw your ace in game one of a Big 12 series, if he is healthy. Simple as that. Now the report of a sore arm just confirms what we've been hearing and why Osmond didn't go Tuesday.

Dec 29, 2009
That’s Rob Walton for ya....doesn’t trust the bullpen so he rode him. I get it the bullpen struggling but it’s his job to find guys who can throw strikes.
Not sure why though, I thought we would be fine pulling someone from the pen, but he is the coach. Also I realize I have only coached youth baseball, but sure seemed like his body language was saying get me out around 105.