Bedlam Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
Great pinch hit at bat by Campbell, Crull did his job. Ballsy to keep the bunt with Huey hitting with 2 strikes but he executed (as did Gardner) and Trenkle came up big. That's a great confidence boost to win with execution of the fundamentals by the guys. That'll pay dividends down the road.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Wow ballsy decision by the catcher there didn’t pay off. Bases FOC no outs
Dumb decision. Always take the out. Especially with the way we strike out. He gets the out at first ruffcorn comes in. But I’ll take it. Finally someone else screws up the bunt defense that costs them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010
Josh Holliday is now 24-7 against OU.

OSU has won 11 out of the last 12 BEDLAM games.

The overall series is now 173-153 in favor of OSU.

All of this is 100%, completely, totally and entirely FANTASTIC!

Dec 6, 2011
I feel like every year early in the season this board goes ape over the rotation choices and weak bats...and by the end of the season the script ends up being about the genius of Josh to use the regular season finding the right lineup, rotation and building confidence for tight games.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I feel like every year early in the season this board goes ape over the rotation choices and weak bats...and by the end of the season the script ends up being about the genius of Josh to use the regular season finding the right lineup, rotation and building confidence for tight games.
While true to a point—I think it’s also a group that follows pitch to pitch and discusses it. When things are going well, there are good things to discuss, and when they are not, there’s negative things to discuss. Most criticisms are reasonable, a few are not. That’s the nature of a message board.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Very sloppy game...watched the entire thing...but beautiful bottom of the 9th...wow night and day between most of that game and the bottom of the ninth inning. Fun to see us win like that. OU stranded what, 16 or 17? Cray, cray to win like that.

Nov 14, 2010
The baseball banter on this board is really good.

Baseball is a game of failure which is why it may seem negative at times.

That's just the nature of the beast when you mix compassion towards OSU baseball with the process of baseball.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Holidays record against OU is just insane. Besides football we dominated OU this year
Other than football has any of our sports teams actually lost to them? Weirdly positive year overall in OSU sports despite Covid. We seem to have (crosses fingers), handled covid very very well all year long. That's a credit to everyone involved in our sports programs. Nice job!

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Other than football has any of our sports teams actually lost to them? Weirdly positive year overall in OSU sports despite Covid. We seem to have (crosses fingers), handled covid very very well all year long. That's a credit to everyone involved in our sports programs. Nice job!
We lost to them in women's golf and indoor track.

Still have to face them in softball, which is probably their best team. But, still it's been a dominating year. Both basketball teams going 5-0 was the big difference.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
I had heard that Scott may have injured himself last weekend. This pretty much confirms it. Any info on what/how serious it is? It may have been previously discussed, but I missed it.
this confirms nothing. Its a short week and Bryce didn't get to pitch against OU. He is next up in the rotation. Don't assume anything man.

Apr 14, 2009
I thought the overly exuberant celebration after the game last night was BUSH.
They acted like they won a regional or something.
There was a time in our baseball past when our coaches frowned on that kind of behavior. Our teams acted like they were supposed to win every game. They acted like they had been there and done that.
I remember Tom holiday as an assistant coach criticizing other teams for such actions saying that they should all get a short pleated skirt and a tight sweater. Times have changed. JMHO

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
I thought the overly exuberant celebration after the game last night was BUSH.
They acted like they won a regional or something.
There was a time in our baseball past when our coaches frowned on that kind of behavior. Our teams acted like they were supposed to win every game. They acted like they had been there and done that.
I remember Tom holiday as an assistant coach criticizing other teams for such actions saying that they should all get a short pleated skirt and a tight sweater. Times have changed.
We beat our rival on a walk off in the 9th. A walk off always gets a celebration but against your rival is even more exciting.