Bedlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
ou got the benefit of freeing up non con schedule because of sec matchups, how convenient. Pretty much a dick move to try and pressure OSU to backout of contracted nonconference games to continue a game ou screwed up.
Those are easy to break. instead of paying south dakota state money to get their skulls dragged, let OU pay them to stay at home and OU will play instead.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
No problem if ou adds clemson to their non con schedule and kicks arky state to the curb.
OU already has clemson on their non con, and i'd be delighted if they added osu to it on top of that. including in 2025 when they play michigan. bring all the smoke. lets play every year regardless of how hard the schedule already is.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
OU already has clemson on their non con, and i'd be delighted if they added osu to it on top of that. including in 2025 when they play michigan. bring all the smoke. lets play every year regardless of how hard the schedule is.
Pen your letter to Joe C. because I have a feeling it isn't in his cards.

Okay...bedlam in 2035 and 36.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
You can’t be that gullible. Surely.
I have no reason to believe other wise. i listen to a lot of OU insider people who have their fingers on the pulse of the admin. They really do want to continue the rivalry. osu doesnot.

but lets explore this.

Why do you suppose OU would be afraid to play osu? that seems to be your implication. so lets explore that line of thinking and see if it makes sense.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
No Joe C has blown smoke. His track record doesn't suggest he'll schedule 2 p5 teams in a season for non con. Also, who is going to buy OSU out of their non con contracts? Joe C is very generous with another schools money.
That's just your opinion though. He, just as anyone else working at OU has no reason to wish to discontinue a rivalry game. It would be worth having two p5 teams in the non con to continue. It may not be possible for it to be yearly. But it could happen ,if both sides wanted it to. It's the 3rd biggest rivalry series in the sport, in terms of tv viewers.

OU could buy them out of those contracts if necessary. They only paid south dakota state 450,000. With over 6 millions tv viewerss, i think playing a high profile rival is more beneficial than paying an fcs to get dragged. They could renegotiate with tulsa, make room for OU. Things could happen if the right people wanted them to. I personally think once stillwater is done being butthurt, we'll see a re-emergence of this game in some way.

Maybe osu will get lucky and make the playoffs and get a chance to get beat by OU in front of an even larger audience. the playoffs are doing to be dope.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
No Joe C has blown smoke. His track record doesn't suggest he'll schedule 2 p5 teams in a season for non con. Also, who is going to buy OSU out of their non con contracts? Joe C is very generous with another schools money.

So anyway, OU still has texas. But, by 2024 osu will no longer have a rival. Unless..you think...who...baylor is your new rival?? tulsa?? CMU?

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
"It likely wont be quite as good as the 00 team but they are off to a similar start as that team."

00 went undefeated and won a natty. If you think they "likely won't be quite as good" put your money where your obtuse mouth is and take out a 2nd mortgage to put it all on the squats making the playoff. We know you won't but that's the jest of what was said.

God Almighty are you out of weed or something?
I got an easy $100 coming my way by betting the over on OU win total of 9.5.

Dropped a little dough on texas with the under on their win total

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
nah, you can make things happen. both Ou and georgia filled in their missing games for next september already. if you want to play this game, it would be easy to make happen.

honestly, I think it sounds like avoidance.
There isn’t a soul on this board or anywhere actually that gives a shit what it sounds like to you