Bedlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 28, 2010
My point still stands, brainiac. However they left, ou has a class twice the size.
They had 13 incoming transfers to replace who they lost, so the class was filled up in 22, which means they wnt need an overloaded one in 23, they had an overloaded one in 22 with 35 including the transfers. the 23 class might be in the mid 20s which is pretty normal

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
It’s got everything to do with the conference and nothing to do with Oklahoma. Oklahoma brings numbers and puts butts in seats.

The Big 12 is a sinking ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Worried.
A&M was never anything to begin with.

Silly statues?

What statue does OU have that’s silly?

I mean, the one of Baker has two left feet, so there's that.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Don't they also have one of that XFL coach who's soon to have less career wins than that guy in Stillwater?
Gundy’s is averaging two wins per season less than Bob, has one conference championship and has never had a playoff or national title appearance.

If you wanna beat your chest about number of wins, go for it. But really, you need to ask yourself why you kept a coach around for two decades that never really did anything but prefer to schedule cupcakes in the out of conference schedule.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Gundy’s is averaging two wins per season less than Bob, has one conference championship and has never had a playoff or national title appearance.

If you wanna beat your chest about number of wins, go for it. But really, you need to ask yourself why you kept a coach around for two decades that never really did anything but prefer to schedule cupcakes in the out of conference schedule.

You really need to be talking smack to the sec teams. Having twice the budget and having a run in a weak conference is not what you guys are about, is it?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX

It's only 1 win less per season, but nice try rounding in your favor.
Stoops' only NC was with John Blake's players so him being "statue worthy" is highly questionable, especially with how his team wilted in big games.

Gundy has already bested Wilkinson. He will likely pass Switzer this fall, and Stoops in about 5 seasons. I can see why you hate him so much. He'll go down as the most successful coach in Oklahoma history.

And I've just shown you that OU schedules weaker OOC opponents than OSU does, so that's good for another laugh. :lol:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
This confirms what many of us already knew, so I don't want hear/see any big talk about Venables running a tight ship anymore. Clearly the soft ass players are running the show. OU is a joke.. again.
This was an administrative decision. Has to be.

You guys always said OU was loose with decisions like this. Well, it’s not true anymore.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
This was an administrative decision. Has to be.

You guys always said OU was loose with decisions like this. Well, it’s not true anymore.

Lol you wish. OU has always handled the racially sensitive campus issues like this. See the SAE house, which was deliberate and pure racism. OU is firm that they won't stand for racism, even when it's not there. On the other hand, women can be threatened, beaten, and raped if it's a star athlete doing the abuse.

I think there's a couple possible scenarios here. A bunch of soft players that BV couldn't afford to lose threatened to walk out. And/Or, maybe the BV regime doesn't see eye to eye with Gundy. I mean, it's kind of strange he's been forced on every staff there's been at OU the past couple decades. BV stripped his RC role so maybe that was the tell tale sign that Gundy reigns on the program were tightening up.

Right now there's a lot missing from this story. It's funny to see that the less sh!ttier look for OU is letting Gundy tell his side of the story.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
BV said he said it multiple times in the meeting. I guess repeating the line that was written. Who knows. It’s done and over with. I hate that it happened the way it did, but there’s not much you can do there. New sheriff in town and new way of doing things.

Not that it’s a bad thing. There’s zero excuse to say that sort of thing anyway. Kinda like making homophobic jokes and giving a half hearted apology weeks later like y’all’s poker buddy, Andy.

I’m glad that kinda thing is cool with y’all.