Bedlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Same reason Nebraska in a featured game drew more than Boise St. in a regional game. It took you a while but you finally came full circle to realizing I was right.
It’s a feature game because people actually care to watch Oklahoma play football. If you notice, there was not one FS1 or ESPN+ game Oklahoma was on last year. Hell I don’t remember them ever playing on those formats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
It’s a feature game because people actually care to watch Oklahoma play football. If you notice, there was not one FS1 or ESPN+ game Oklahoma was on last year. Hell I don’t remember them ever playing on those formats.

The networks continually flexed you into the garbage 11:00 spot so they could put bigger names in primetime. Which your fanbase cried and cried about.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

So it’s not about ABC and ESPN hyping a game for a week? Explain the 4.4 million viewers watching Michigan State play Purdue on ABC?

And explain how that was a premium game?

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The networks continually flexed you into the garbage 11:00 spot so they could put bigger names in primetime. Which your fanbase cried and cried about.
It’s got everything to do with the conference and nothing to do with Oklahoma. Oklahoma brings numbers and puts butts in seats.

The Big 12 is a sinking ship.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
LOL. They're going to be the new Texas A&M. The team out west nobody thinks of as a threat but is good for a few chuckles when they won't shut up about their moral victories and silly statues.
A&M was never anything to begin with.

Silly statues?

What statue does OU have that’s silly?

May 28, 2010
To be more precise, LSU has outrecruited OU 3 of the last 5 years. Texas and Texas A&M have outrecruited OU 4 of the last 5 years, and Bama and Georgia have outrecruited OU all 5 of the last 5 years. Do you really think you're going to break into that top 5? I don't, especially with NIL playing such a big factor and those schools with deeper pockets paying out big bucks. OU has historically had an edge with paying recruits under the table with cars, gas money, no-show jobs, but that was all small-time compared to what's happening now.

He probably is going to have to copy the Gundy method. Find solid talent with the right attitude and develop it. Turn 3 stars into 4 stars and 4 stars into 5 stars. It's how OSU outperforms it's recruiting rankings year after year.
Based on the way Venables and co are recruiting right now, yeah I do think top 5 sec classes are reasonable, and not just that but top 5 overall classes as well, which means they will be (And are currently) out-recruiting the whole sec except for georgia and alabama without even coached a down yet.

He wont have to be stuck with mid 30s recruiting classes hoping for 3 stars to choose him over iowa and getting occasional gems like gundy is though. But he will find solid talent with the attitude and personality that jives with the way he wants to do things. and he's quite the talent developer. So far so good. zero off field issues this summer. This time last year it was quite turbulent