Bedlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Brent and Lincoln aren’t the same recruiters. But they are both recruiters.

That’s something Gundy clearly isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gundy is a pretty meh recruiter at best. his specialty is qbs and jw walsh is the highest rated qb recruit he's signed.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Not worried right now. We already know what kind of recruiting this staff is capable of. They already have a better class signed than any class gundy has ever signed in his nearly 20 seasons of doing it.

Riley has a tendency to push people to commit early. And some of those guys don’t stay committed. Too many. Only two decommits in the 21 class. But 9 in 2020 and 7 in 2019. So we really did have to worry, we just didn’t know until someone decommits. I feel more confident that any commits Venables gets are more likely to stay. We will see within the next couple months but if you think OU’s 23 class won’t be real good then youre going to be disappointed.
Schools w new coaches and their recruiting rankings. Which one of these is not like the others edition.

ND-1
Tech-2
USC-11
VaTech-20
TCU-25
LSU-31
UO-37

If Venables is saying and doing all the right things these other guys might just be Nick Saban clones.
July is going to be a good month. Stay tuned

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Awesome. Love it. Nothing wrong with being an underdog, just makes the winning so much sweeter
I mean, you didn't win anything last year with all the preseason hype, might as well try a new tactic.
Won just as much as y’all did.

Difference is, Oklahoma is trying something different to get better after dominating the conference for six straight years. OSU is still trying to make 17 year old spaghetti stick to the wall. It happened once. It’s gonna happen again. Right?

Right?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Awww gifs are cute. While we’re on preseason polls, it seems Oklahoma can completely overhaul their coaching staff and still be picked to finish ahead of Oklahoma State.

Wonder why?

IMG_7894.jpg

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Won just as much as y’all did.

Difference is, Oklahoma is trying something different to get better after dominating the conference for six straight years. OSU is still trying to make 17 year old spaghetti stick to the wall. It happened once. It’s gonna happen again. Right?

Right?

That's an interesting way to embrace losing.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
View attachment 96259
View attachment 96260

AWESOME! That punter will prolly win a few games...
If we are gonna talk like the opinion of writers matter, let’s do it. No first teamers except the P but they think Oklahoma is the second best team in the conference anyway. Preseason conference teams appear to be dependent on previous season production of returning players instead of how good the starters are. For example, objectively, I think it’s highly unlikely that Sanders will have a better statistical season than Gabriel or even Ewers. Sanders is woefully mediocre, but it says a lot about this conference If he’s the first teamer right now.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Not worried right now. We already know what kind of recruiting this staff is capable of. They already have a better class signed than any class gundy has ever signed in his nearly 20 seasons of doing it.

Riley has a tendency to push people to commit early. And some of those guys don’t stay committed. Too many. Only two decommits in the 21 class. But 9 in 2020 and 7 in 2019. So we really did have to worry, we just didn’t know until someone decommits. I feel more confident that any commits Venables gets are more likely to stay. We will see within the next couple months but if you think OU’s 23 class won’t be real good then youre going to be disappointed.
Schools w new coaches and their recruiting rankings. Which one of these is not like the others edition.

ND-1
Tech-2
USC-11
VaTech-20
TCU-25
LSU-31
UO-37

If Venables is saying and doing all the right things these other guys might just be Nick Saban clones.
From 37 to 18 in less than a month. Tried telling you it’s too early for the “your class sucks” talk in June. Still 3 more weeks left in July with a half dozen targets announcing before august.

I wonder how interested you’ll be in the recruiting discussion by then

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
None of them had the resume and experience that Venables had when he took the OU job. They also didnt take over a team without a losing season in over 20 years. I didnt see any of those guys as being great CEO type HC candidates when they took those jobs. I do see Venables as being capable of this though. Mostly because I hear a lot of what people are saying in the program about the culture change he precipated. And I love the energy and passion he has every time he talks to the media about everything he's talking about. He is saying all the right things, he's done an absolutely incredible job so far, really cant ask for more.

It'll come down to how he performs as a coach in the game, on the field. the in game decisions and how he responds to adversity, and how his team responds to him. Because all the other off field stuff he seems to have down pat. And those off field things are what often sinks a new coach
Gotta love the momentum.
From 37 to 18 in a month and a half dozen more targets announcing later in July

I Love the momentum too

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Awww gifs are cute. While we’re on preseason polls, it seems Oklahoma can completely overhaul their coaching staff and still be picked to finish ahead of Oklahoma State.

Wonder why?

View attachment 96285

You got 9 of your 12 votes from a helmet sticker. Hell Texas got 2 and we know they aren't winning anything