Bedlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I think he’s not much more than a game manager. It’s a matter of semantics how much more he is, but he is just Okay. Like garoppolo. Which ironically is also when he tends to fail the 49ers.

See how he played against Notre Dame? That was one hell of a game, that’s what they need out of him to be successful. But he has too many Baylor type of games so he’s really just a game manager because all they needed out of him was to do enough not to lose. Until they needed him most of course.

He’s never going to be that guy who just wins the game for you. Unless he plays like he did at that bowl game. He would be unstoppable if he played like that every week.

He may have played 400 yards or so less than the Oklahoma QBs, but let’s be honest, the whole season was disjointed and this was probably the worst offense Oklahoma has had since 2014- ironically also the last time they beat Oklahoma. Weird how they seem to steal wins during down years.

I understand, you want to take the girl that you brought to the prom. But Gabriel is a different cat, so it’s on.
Yep, I'll stick with the prettiest girl in school (as voted by the conference's coaches). Hope you get lucky with the girl who was considered hot 2 years ago at her smalltown school, ran out on two dates, and now is trying to go to your prom because she'll be the hottest again after all the other girls left. :lol::pistols:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Hahaha

Big 12 Coach of the Year isn’t back tracking
It’s like an Employee of the Month award.

Dude didn’t even win the conference this year. Y’all won Bedlam because Riley was looking to get out of town anyway and your offensive minded coach couldn’t dial up a play with 1st and Goal at the 2.

But congrats on the coaching honor. Please make a commemorative sign for your end zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You are absolutely precious with all your defense of a never has been defensive coordinator. It reminds me of when good old Lincoln Techified the program and even had your team wearing Radar Rash unis when Iowa State did some spanking in Norman. You were all Cleopatra then as well. How sweet these strolls down memory lane are when one sees the same thing happening again but so many questions. How will your new coach work in purple or orange on the unis? How can we help you to deal with the reality of worshipping a stepping stone football program? We are here to help TG, we see your cries, we just want to walk you through all this. Now tell us what other tat besides the sunburst belly button tat you have been trying to self remove.
Stepping stone program.

Who can’t keep an assistant in town? Anytime anyone is any good in Stillwater, Gundy’s got to pull out the classifieds and fire up google and watch YouTube videos.

Nice Ted Roof joke. Everybody knows whose defense is gonna be installed. Moron.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
I think he’s not much more than a game manager. It’s a matter of semantics how much more he is, but he is just Okay. Like garoppolo. Which ironically is also when he tends to fail the 49ers.

See how he played against Notre Dame? That was one hell of a game, that’s what they need out of him to be successful. But he has too many Baylor type of games so he’s really just a game manager because all they needed out of him was to do enough not to lose. Until they needed him most of course.

He’s never going to be that guy who just wins the game for you. Unless he plays like he did at that bowl game. He would be unstoppable if he played like that every week.

He may have played 400 yards or so less than the Oklahoma QBs, but let’s be honest, the whole season was disjointed and this was probably the worst offense Oklahoma has had since 2014- ironically also the last time they beat Oklahoma. Weird how they seem to steal wins during down years.

I understand, you want to take the girl that you brought to the prom. But Gabriel is a different cat, so it’s on.
Yep, I'll stick with the prettiest girl in school (as voted by the conference's coaches). Hope you get lucky with the girl who was considered hot 2 years ago at her smalltown school, ran out on two dates, and now is trying to go to your prom because she'll be the hottest again after all the other girls left. :lol::pistols:
You must think that really matters a lot I guess, looking at his stat line, it’s pretty atrocious, can’t imagine any other season were such pedestrian statistics would be considered by the coaches of the conference to be the best that the conference has to offer. Suppose that’s really admonishment of the conference as a whole if they feel this guy was the best. I would be incredibly disappointed in any Oklahoma quarterback with such a stat line had he started the whole season.

He is not even in the same orbit as Gabriel in terms of production, you will see, and it’s unfortunate that I will not be able to give anybody any gifts due to this. Unless he was a freshman. Only a freshman should have such a unimpressive stat line

Yes I do expect Gabriel to light up the conference. Just hope you have good seats and get to enjoy the show

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Y’all won Bedlam because Riley was looking to get out of town anyway
Wow. You actually believe this pathetic excuse? Absolutely delusional.
Do you actually honestly think he was all In? Come on now the most talented team he’s ever had, just happens to be the worst one he’s ever had.

It’s not an excuse, it doesn’t excuse the behavior or the results, it just explains it

In the bowl game That offense was completely different and more open in a way that hadn’t been done all season long. Anyway, that something you might not be able to appreciate if you didn’t watch every single snap for the whole season

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
It’s like an Employee of the Month award.

Dude didn’t even win the conference this year. Y’all won Bedlam because Riley was looking to get out of town anyway and your offensive minded coach couldn’t dial up a play with 1st and Goal at the 2.

But congrats on the coaching honor. Please make a commemorative sign for your end zone.

Looked like Riley was coaching to win to me. Had he been checked out, Coach of the Year would have blown him out.

Nobody will ever buy that excuse when he mikes of receipts of you here swinging from Riley’s nuts. If he stayed, you’d have a way different tune.

What Gundy has done at place that’s never really won without him is to be respected. What he’s done with less at OSU, would’ve been a hellluva lite more with more at OU. I don’t think he’s have less results than Stoops and he’d for sure be better than Riley.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
You must think that really matters a lot I guess, looking at his stat line, it’s pretty atrocious, can’t imagine any other season were such pedestrian statistics would be considered by the coaches of the conference to be the best that the conference has to offer. Suppose that’s really admonishment of the conference as a whole if they feel this guy was the best. I would be incredibly disappointed in any Oklahoma quarterback with such a stat line had he started the whole season.

He is not even in the same orbit as Gabriel in terms of production, you will see, and it’s unfortunate that I will not be able to give anybody any gifts due to this. Unless he was a freshman. Only a freshman should have such a unimpressive stat line

Yes I do expect Gabriel to light up the conference. Just hope you have good seats and get to enjoy the show
The last thing I need is whatever "gift" you keep referring to.
Yeah, I have great seats just a few rows up from where Caleb Williams played dead. Saw Sanders win every game at home last year, just like the 1st Team QB should. Will take a winner over a stat stuffer anytime. Neither of which Gabriel has done against P5 defenses.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Stepping stone program.

Who can’t keep an assistant in town? Anytime anyone is any good in Stillwater, Gundy’s got to pull out the classifieds and fire up google and watch YouTube videos.

Nice Ted Roof joke. Everybody knows whose defense is gonna be installed. Moron.

Now, Now don't be bitter about the truth that your program has moved to a second tier or maybe third tier program. You can still cheer for them.
Is it better to have to hire AN assistant or a majority of a staff because they left for greener pastures?

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
No doubt about it. He's a competitor. Did you think he was "all in" the first half of that game when OU was having success against the OSU defense? It's a really silly idea that fans want to believe to maintain their feelings of superiority.
Well if you think he was all in, may I ask why you believe this to be the case?

This is the worst job he's done as coach, the play calling was different, the production was pedestrian, the lack of ability to make adjustments. Getting blown off the line by the kansas schools. struggling against teams with losing records. Just did the same stuff over and over again, none of the ingenuity we've come to expect from him. Then Disappearing randomly for "personal reasons", skipping practice and having another coach fill in with the media. The bizarre play calls, not feeding his best player. He wasnt like that even last season. Having seen every single snap over the previous 6 seasons, the difference was stark to me. It was to everyone.

That's evidence as to why I think he wasnt all in all year. So why do you think he was all in this year?

Has nothing to do with feeling superior, has all to do with an observation of reality. Seems clear this team was different. Especially the bedlam game, when he hours later he was gone. You dont think as a human being, knowing what he's about to do to his team wasnt on his mind at all during his last game with them?

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
The last thing I need is whatever "gift" you keep referring to.
Yeah, I have great seats just a few rows up from where Caleb Williams played dead. Saw Sanders win every game at home last year, just like the 1st Team QB should. Will take a winner over a stat stuffer anytime. Neither of which Gabriel has done against P5 defenses.
Whoever i promised it to, will receive it, provided what's his name is better than Gabriel this upcoming season.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Well if you think he was all in, may I ask why you believe this to be the case?

This is the worst job he's done as coach, the play calling was different, the production was pedestrian, the lack of ability to make adjustments. Getting blown off the line by the kansas schools. struggling against teams with losing records. Just did the same stuff over and over again, none of the ingenuity we've come to expect from him. Then Disappearing randomly for "personal reasons", skipping practice and having another coach fill in with the media. The bizarre play calls, not feeding his best player. He wasnt like that even last season. Having seen every single snap over the previous 6 seasons, the difference was stark to me. It was to everyone.

That's evidence as to why I think he wasnt all in all year. So why do you think he was all in this year?

Has nothing to do with feeling superior, has all to do with an observation of reality. Seems clear this team was different. Especially the bedlam game, when he hours later he was gone. You dont think as a human being, knowing what he's about to do to his team wasnt on his mind at all during his last game with them?
Once again the goons have never been beaten, only cheated by someone

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Whoever i promised it to, will receive it, provided what's his name is better than Gabriel this upcoming season.
Tell you what, I'll take Sanders, you take Gabriel to have the better year. Loser donates $100 to the winner's charity of choice w/ proof posted here.
Nah according to the rules there no kind of this stuff going on this site. We can’t do any of that. Best I can do is be a good man and send you a nice gift out of the goodness of my heart if I’m wrong.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Nah according to the rules there no kind of this stuff going on this site. We can’t do any of that. Best I can do is be a good man and send you a nice gift out of the goodness of my heart if I’m wrong.
I bet this site would take the money. This is y’all’s home. So you should give it money anyway.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Now, Now don't be bitter about the truth that your program has moved to a second tier or maybe third tier program. You can still cheer for them.
Is it better to have to hire AN assistant or a majority of a staff because they left for greener pastures?
How do you hire the best defensive guy in the country and best available offensive guy and be a second or third tier program?

Is maintaining a top 10 recruiting class second or third tier too?

Define greener pastures? A desperate program for a pay day?

That’s financially greener pastures. But as far as a program they have been bad for a long time.