Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It means the Big 12 is about to be the Big East.

Have fun on the sinking ship that’s been kept afloat by one damn team and the prospect of another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have fun making a playoff once a decade, sister.
Have fun being a G5 powerhouse.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
What happened to the Big East?

Jokes aren’t as funny if you have to explain them to people.

Go ahead. Use your Googles.

The Big 12 has two options after OU and Texas take sign their death wish..

Poach 4 AAC teams and make it 12 team conference again.

OR

The remaining schools with skin in the game will wind up in the PAC.

I don't care what happens either way.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The way OU recruits and is playing defense right now, they would do just fine in the sec. The reason why they tend to lose in the playoff is because they 1. played with out a defense and 2. had been pitted against the sec champ- they wont be facing the best team in that conference every week. With this enhanced recruiting outside of alabama OU would be pretty consistently better than most of those other teams. Especially, considering how most of the elite recruits out there want to play in that conference, OU would be an even more appealing destination than it is now. So it would then become even easier for OU to attract 'elite' talent in positions where they have generally only gotten 'really good' talent. like on the D line.

As far as playoffs go- it's being expanded to 12. So they'll pretty much be in every year regardless of conference.

As far as competition goes- they would likely be in a pod with aggie, texas, and probably missouri. Or they'll go to 8 team divisions, but if everyone goes to 16 teams, it'll more likely mean they'll try to go to a 4 team pod model with 3 permanent opponents and 6 rotating opponents from other pods.

But they'd make a ton of money and that's the biggest driving force here.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What happened to the Big East?

Jokes aren’t as funny if you have to explain them to people.

Go ahead. Use your Googles.

The Big 12 has two options after OU and Texas take sign their death wish..

Poach 4 AAC teams and make it 12 team conference again.

OR

The remaining schools with skin in the game will wind up in the PAC.

I don't care what happens either way.
Poach some AAC and some PAC teams and give ourselves the second 16 team conference.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Wanna compare poached recruits?

Let’s make a list.

List them.
Just recently, Bryndyn Walker and Levi Draper. Broke your heart with Creed Humphrey, Tre Norwood and Isaiah Thomas.

That’s not including all the kids you don’t bother recruiting because you know you won’t get a sniff because Oklahoma is involved.