Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Maybe, but I didn't just get jilted. Everything's an unknown for UO. 3 years.
Venables isn’t an unknown. He didn’t take the first job offered to him. He waited for the right opportunity and took it.

Speaking of which.. hey look what happened!

The only good part of y’all’s team jumped to bigger brighter things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnewtont

Territorial Marshal
Oct 18, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Venables isn’t an unknown. He didn’t take the first job offered to him. He waited for the right opportunity and took it.

Speaking of which.. hey look what happened!

The only good part of y’all’s team jumped to bigger brighter things.

It was 6pm before you figured that out? News travels slow there I guess.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Maybe, but I didn't just get jilted. Everything's an unknown for UO. 3 years.
Hired a guy who built and developed one of best defenses in the sport over the last decade. Who happens to have over a decade of history at OU

Hired who could arguably be said to be the best OC in the country right now. Who went to OU.

Hired a strength coach that every one seems to love and hate at the same time. He has decades of history at OU

The rb coach played for Ou. So did the TE coach. The OL coach is the same guy they’ve had foe a while too.

The AD has been in town for decades. What do you mean by “everything” being an unknown? Or are you one of those people who scare easily?

jnewtont

Territorial Marshal
Oct 18, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Hired a guy who built and developed one of best defenses in the sport over the last decade. Who happens to have over a decade of history at OU

Hired who could arguably be said to be the best OC in the country right now. Who went to OU.

Hired a strength coach that every one seems to love and hate at the same time. He has decades of history at OU

The rb coach played for Ou. So did the TE coach. The OL coach is the same guy they’ve had foe a while too.

The AD has been in town for decades. What do you mean by “everything” being an unknown? Or are you one of those people who scare easily?
Howard Shnellenberger was a known though, wasn't he? Natty and all.
Just saying that you only have hopes. Not knowns.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Jerry Schmidt got rehired and sooners are saying the culture is officially changed. It hasn’t been since Texas that an entire fanbase has thought everything was auto fixed before a down was played, much less practiced.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
And we're guessing you wont be happy in three years, for lots of reasons. In three years (actually Sooner) BV will have OU rocking and rolling, it's unfortunate bedlam is going away.....
You're whistling past the graveyard. The program is in shambles with an unproven HC coming in and a rash of defectors on tap with more to come. Bama and Georgia won't stay awake at night worrying about the Uo train wreck. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of truck stop tee shirt fans.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Jerry Schmidt got rehired and sooners are saying the culture is officially changed. It hasn’t been since Texas that an entire fanbase has thought everything was auto fixed before a down was played, much less practiced.
Pop quiz.

When did Jerry Schmidt start his career there and when did Oklahoma when a championship with Bob Stoops?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You're whistling past the graveyard. The program is in shambles with an unproven HC coming in and a rash of defectors on tap with more to come. Bama and Georgia won't stay awake at night worrying about the Uo train wreck. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of truck stop tee shirt fans.
Y’all just lost a horrific championship game and lost the only glimmer of hope your program has had in a long time to Ohio State.

Gundy is complacent and doesn’t give a crap anymore. Hasn’t for years.

Tell me how you guys are in a better spot than Oklahoma is?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Pop quiz.

When did Jerry Schmidt start his career there and when did Oklahoma when a championship with Bob Stoops?

He was there for the stoops era. He was one of the meanies that y’all told us kids didn’t identify with anymore.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Pop quiz.

He was there for the stoops era. He was one of the meanies that y’all told us kids didn’t identify with anymore.
He was hired in 99. They won a championship in 2000.

He can change a locker room that quickly.

Not saying he will. But he’s working with a lot better overall talent than the 2000 roster had. If he runs some guys out, so be it. Oklahoma was pushed around the LOS since 2019. I’m sick of seeing it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Y’all just lost a horrific championship game and lost the only glimmer of hope your program has had in a long time to Ohio State.

Gundy is complacent and doesn’t give a crap anymore. Hasn’t for years.

Tell me how you guys are in a better spot than Oklahoma is?

Dude. All the ribbing aside, if you think Gundy was complacent this year then you weren't paying attention. The guy specifically got his contract talks over with over a month ago on purpose so that they could be focused on getting money and contracts taken care of for the assistants.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Pop quiz.

He was hired in 99. They won a championship in 2000.

He can change a locker room that quickly.

Not saying he will. But he’s working with a lot better overall talent than the 2000 roster had. If he runs some guys out, so be it. Oklahoma was pushed around the LOS since 2019. I’m sick of seeing it.

Wait I thought you guys said that stoops was the man who transformed that locker room for that national championship that was with other people's players that he couldn't recreate in the years following. Oh wait...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk