Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Yes, osu is lil bro. Just the way it is. Your tacit agreement is not going to change anything. You know what the lobsided nature of 90-18-7 means. You know they lost 6 games in a row to big bro. You know they are 2-16 over the last 18 seasons. It means, at this point, osu will likely be lil bro to OU for the entirety of the existence of the football program.

Yeah, well a uco graduate used to run FEMA. So he could have went to uco and turned out fine. I'm sure if your kid had a scholarship offer at Yale and Osu, that you would tell him that he could pick Yale and most likely be set for life, or he could go to osu, and talk about the time an osu alum drove a billionaire to space. Tough choice for sure.
So what, you're saying twin sis is a few minutes older? OK, I'm cool with that, sissy.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Well, some players are worth 2 scholarships, some arent. OU didnt think he was worth 2 scholarships. And when you already have the #1 wr in the '22 class, and are legit contenders to get the commitments of the #1, #2 and #3 wrs in the '23 class...you just gottta let lil bro have one once in a while. Hopefully he turns out to be really good.
That's not why the goons didn't try to get the twins and you know it. Their criminal record came back clean, they just don't fit the bellybutton tat's recruiting profile.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yes, osu is lil bro. Just the way it is. Your tacit agreement is not going to change anything. You know what the lobsided nature of 90-18-7 means. You know they lost 6 games in a row to big bro. You know they are 2-16 over the last 18 seasons. It means, at this point, osu will likely be lil bro to OU for the entirety of the existence of the football program.

Yeah, well a uco graduate used to run FEMA. So he could have went to uco and turned out fine. I'm sure if your kid had a scholarship offer at Yale and Osu, that you would tell him that he could pick Yale and most likely be set for life, or he could go to osu, and talk about the time an osu alum drove a billionaire to space. Tough choice for sure.
Twin sis is doing well at football.

or he could go to OSU and drive a bigger rocket further into outer space.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Yep. That is probably the best part. Hopefully the wasted scholarship on his brother wont be a big deal.
We wasted one on Tylan Wallace's brother, worked out OK.
Yes. Because you guys accomplished so much with him there.

Waste a roster spot and get a future fourth round pick and a Cheez It Bowl trophy.

Winning!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
And you obviously haven’t seen how July’s recruiting has gone….

It's gone like it's always gone for OU, which is very well. OU landing a recruit isn't anything special. It's just really neat when a recruit sh!ts on OU and then goes to OSU. :)

None of those guys OU landed were committed to OSU first. It's the thrill of poach and knowing that it pisses y'all off that a recruit would dare leave OU in favor of OSU. You'll deny it if you haven't already, but we all know the truth, twin sis. We know each other all too well.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And you obviously haven’t seen how July’s recruiting has gone….

It's gone like it's always gone for OU, which is very well. OU landing a recruit isn't anything special. It's just really neat when a recruit sh!ts on OU and then goes to OSU. :)

None of those guys OU landed were committed to OSU first. It's the thrill of poach and knowing that it pisses y'all off that a recruit would dare leave OU in favor of OSU. You'll deny it if you haven't already, but we all know the truth, twin sis. We know each other all too well.
It's funny when they are all excited about a recruit and then have to back off and make excuses as to why he wasn't that great a get. "Oh, he wasn't worth 2 scholarships", "we're loaded so he wouldn't have played much anyway"....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
That's not why the goons didn't try to get the twins and you know it. Their criminal record came back clean, they just don't fit the bellybutton tat's recruiting profile.
Oh, okay.

If you really think anyone is upset over losing a wr, you really dont follow recruiting. Between what's on the roster and what's on the way, the wealth of talent is stupid. It would be different if they didnt have the #1 wr already committed. Or if '23 wasnt shaping up to be potentially the best class OU's ever had. It would be cool if having a good receiver like shettron makes lil bro competitive.

It's funny when they are all excited about a recruit and then have to back off and make excuses as to why he wasn't that great a get. "Oh, he wasn't worth 2 scholarships", "we're loaded so he wouldn't have played much anyway"....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Oh he'd have been a great get. You want as much as you can get. But losing him doesnt mean they're hurting ya know? it's like, why worry about a punctured tire when you have so many spares? Or is this just you desperately wanting us to be angry so it tastes sweeter for you? Dunno man, OU loses commits seems like every year, you just get used to it and it doesnt bother you like you think it would. Now lets say they had gotten Burden instead...now that would have sucked. They also lost a year long commit, and 5 star rb to alabama in 2020 but it looks like they bounced back nicely. That's the recruiting game for you.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Sister, you keeping saying this over and over. It really didn't even need mentioned. I know OU recruited talent around Shettron. That's not the point. The point is we know you're pissed that you didn't just lose a recruit, you lost one to your brother, OSU. You're not used to that sort of thing.

If you really think anyone is upset over losing a wr, you really dont follow recruiting. Between what's on the roster and what's on the way, the wealth of talent is stupid. It would be different if they didnt have the #1 wr already committed. Or if '23 wasnt shaping up to be potentially the best class OU's ever had. It would be cool if having a good receiver like shettron makes lil bro competitive.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Sister, you keeping saying this over and over. It really didn't even need mentioned. I know OU recruited talent around Shettron. That's not the point. The point is we know you're pissed that you didn't just lose a recruit, you lost one to your brother, OSU. You're not used to that sort of thing.
But why though, why should I be pissed off? It doesnt make sense to me. But it does seem really important to you for some reason. That is interesting. Osu's first victory over big bro in 7 years so i get why you're happy. Sorry man, just not all that worried about it. I hope he works out for you.

dirtyp

Wrangler
Jul 5, 2004
But why though, why should I be pissed off? It doesnt make sense to me. But it does seem really important to you for some reason. That is interesting. Osu's first victory over big bro in 7 years so i get why you're happy. Sorry man, just not all that worried about it. I hope he works out for you.
Calling OSU lil bro, or OU twin sis is just tired, & lame! I will admit, it actually stings a bit when a 3rd party fan base refers to OSU as "Okie Lite", "Lil Bro", not so much. Also, "Stoolwater", & "Gooners" weak & weak. Seriously guys get some better insults...

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Calling OSU lil bro, or OU twin sis is just tired, & lame! I will admit, it actually stings a bit when a 3rd party fan base refers to OSU as "Okie Lite", "Lil Bro", not so much. Also, "Stoolwater", & "Gooners" weak & weak. Seriously guys get some better insults...
Lil bro is not an insult. It's a reflection of the relationship between the two in this rivalry. It's like how ucla is the lil bro to usc or how auburn is bama's lil bro. OU is the flagship University of the state- they have the larger enrollment, bigger alumni base, a more well known brand, a more recognizable logo, a larger endowment, more media coverage, and a stupid advantage on the field in the premier revenue generating, media intensive sport. Then in more recent history, like when OU wanted to take an offer to the SEC but since they didnt offer a spot for Osu, OU declined. That felt pretty lil bro-ish.

I dont use any other of those monikers, just lil bro. Twin, twin sis, big sis or twins or whatever- really not applicable here and a term that never stuck anyway.

I do think okie lite is more of a kind of historical outsiders' viewpoint of Osu. Whereas OU was always on tv and winning this or winning that, people all over the country knew who they were. They knew who wilkinson and switzer were. Osu, they had never really won anything and was in the smaller lesser known town and a team who was historically not competitive against their main rival. So people saw OU and then the lesser known school, and called them okie lite. I myself have never used the term but i can understand how it came to be. I'm sure I wouldnt like it either.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Lil bro is not an insult. It's a reflection of the relationship between the two in this rivalry. It's like how ucla is the lil bro to usc or how auburn is bama's lil bro. OU is the flagship University of the state- they have the larger enrollment, bigger alumni base, a more well known brand, a more recognizable logo, a larger endowment, more media coverage, and a stupid advantage on the field in the premier revenue generating, media intensive sport. Then in more recent history, like when OU wanted to take an offer to the SEC but since they didnt offer a spot for Osu, OU declined. That felt pretty lil bro-ish.

I dont use any other of those monikers, just lil bro. Twin, twin sis, big sis or twins or whatever- really not applicable here and a term that never stuck anyway.

I do think okie lite is more of a kind of historical outsiders' viewpoint of Osu. Whereas OU was always on tv and winning this or winning that, people all over the country knew who they were. They knew who wilkinson and switzer were. Osu, they had never really won anything and was in the smaller lesser known town and a team who was historically not competitive against their main rival. So people saw OU and then the lesser known school, and called them okie lite. I myself have never used the term but i can understand how it came to be. I'm sure I wouldnt like it either.
But yet they've got the same number of playoff wins as the Pokes, amazing.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

We are twins. Y’all are the girl twin.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

“I know you guys beat us in one on one almost all the time, but remember that one time we won?!?”

Little. Brother. All. Day.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
We are twins. Y’all are the girl twin.
It looks as though our twin half-sis is trying to follow her big half bro to the sec. Seeee-ya!
It means the Big 12 is about to be the Big East.

Have fun on the sinking ship that’s been kept afloat by one damn team and the prospect of another.