Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
He seems to love Osu. Doesn’t like the mullet. That’s not a traitor.

I wonder what bowl okie lite is going to after getting their shit pushed in today.

Find solace in the fact that you won’t get shut out in the playoffs by a real team. Let Cincinnati take that embarrassment off of you.
No matter what, it'll be a better bowl than ou gets. I'll just find solace in that.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He seems to love Osu. Doesn’t like the mullet. That’s not a traitor.

I wonder what bowl okie lite is going to after getting their shit pushed in today.

Find solace in the fact that you won’t get shut out in the playoffs by a real team. Let Cincinnati take that embarrassment off of you.
No matter what, it'll be a better bowl than ou gets. I'll just find solace in that.
such a low ceiling, even if you are settling. But it’s true, only having a moderately embarrassing conference championship loss and maybe winning your bowl game is a better result than getting blanked in the playoff. But of course since you’re new to this world, better balls usually mean better opponents, so it gets precipitously more difficult to win. Oklahoma is probably going to get a pretty winter bowl game and they will do it despite all the bs

Well you guys had you a couple days of fun in the sun, but Lost the biggest game in school history. This one should hurt a lot. So basically, last week was as good as it gets. Well for Oklahoma it was as low as it gets. So I guess enjoy the next nine months of all the talk about what Oklahoma will do with their awesome new coach

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So true. Another thing Howard proved.
Funny reading this thread, all over MT, yall having fun? the pokes remain mediocre over the past few decades, but alas, you deserve this one week of coming out of the doldrums, LOL! I assume all you pokes are going to the game, right?
I’ll bow down if OUs new HC has more than………hmmmmmm………zero career P5 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doubt you’d do that
No doubts now, huh?

And as I suspected, no HC wanted the job. Got some no’s yesterday to go with the no’s you got last week. Otherwise, why wait a week to hire skeletor?

Oh, and now we find out why Riley skipped town! Like I said, loyalty is nowhere to be found on that campus.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
No doubts now, huh?

And as I suspected, no HC wanted the job. Got some no’s yesterday to go with the no’s you got last week. Otherwise, why wait a week to hire skeletor?

Oh, and now we find out why Riley skipped town! Like I said, loyalty is nowhere to be found on that campus.

You do realize that Venables was their #1 target right? Maybe you didnt know that. But based on your comment, it appears you have been privy to inside information that I havent seen. Do you know which head caoch they were going for, who turned them down?

As far as waiting goes- I am not the decision maker, I cant tell you why their timeline is what it is. I can tell you what insiders have been saying about it though. But you dont seem interested in that.

As far as why riley left- i think it's clear that doubling his salary, and playing against the pac 12 and owning california recruiting is why he left.

In regard to loyalty on campus- there's a reason why no defensive guys left. There's a reason why other position coaches stayed, and why Williams is still here as well. I know that some of the guys who went to the portal were going regardless of the coach leaving.

Perhaps you should revaluate what "loyalty is nowhere to be found" means. Unless, you are intentionally exaggerating, for some reason, possibly to make a sort of point?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2013
Houston
You do realize that Venables was their #1 target right? Maybe you didnt know that. But based on your comment, it appears you have been privy to inside information that I havent seen. Do you know which head caoch they were going for, who turned them down?

As far as waiting goes- I am not the decision maker, I cant tell you why their timeline is what it is. I can tell you what insiders have been saying about it though. But you dont seem interested in that.

As far as why riley left- i think it's clear that doubling his salary, and playing against the pac 12 and owning california recruiting is why he left.

In regard to loyalty on campus- there's a reason why no defensive recruits left. There's a reason why other position coaches stayed, and why Williams is still here as well. I know that some of the guys who went to the portal were going regardless of the coach leaving.

Perhaps you should revaluate what "loyalty is nowhere to be found" means. Unless, you are intentionally exaggerating, for some reason, possibly to make a sort of point?
Word! might need to type slower for Gumby...

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
No doubts now, huh?

In regard to loyalty on campus- there's a reason why no defensive recruits left. There's a reason why other position coaches stayed, and why Williams is still here as well. I know that some of the guys who went to the portal were going regardless of the coach leaving.

There’s no way he was their #1 target. You said all along you didn’t know what was going to happen, but you now know Venables was #1. Ha, ha. JC was clearly targeting coaches playing yesterday, otherwise, why wait? Why would the almighty JC time it to make it look like he was waiting for yesterdays games to conclude? You’re right, he wouldn’t and you know it.

Your school wasn’t loyal to the conference
Your HC wasn’t loyal to your school.
Your HC wasn’t loyal to his family.
Your assistant coaches weren’t loyal to your school.
Your decommits aren’t loyal to your school.
Your transfer portal guys aren’t loyal to your school.
When your new HC accepts portal players back to the team, he won’t be loyal to the players that are.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
There’s no way he was their #1 target. You said all along you didn’t know what was going to happen, but you now know Venables was #1. Ha, ha. JC was clearly targeting coaches playing yesterday, otherwise, why wait? Why would the almighty JC time it to make it look like he was waiting for yesterdays games to conclude? You’re right, he wouldn’t and you know it.

When your new HC accepts portal players back to the team, he won’t be loyal to the players that are.

Yes, Venables always was their #1 target, for a multitude of reasons. Your ignorance of that fact doesnt really factor into the equation. Nobody knew what was going to happen, but him being their #1 guy wasnt a secret.

If he was "clearly targeting coaches playing yesterday", you should be able to easily provide documentation. or some sort of insider info you are privy to that led you to this conclusion. I would be delighted to read it, but I suspect there's a good reason why you have so far not shared that info with us- because you havent seen it. i ask for a second time- Do you know which head coach they were going for, who turned them down?

OU was not loyal to the big 12- true. But, whyy would they be?

HC was not loyal to OU- yes, that is true too.

HC wasnt loyal to his family- I disagree. it appears his family & their future was first in his considerations. can you elaborate more on this?

The Asst coaches werent loyal- Can you elaborate? And when you do, please ask yourself who the Rb coach for OU is. And the coaches for TE, OL, LB are. And where they were last season. And then ask yourself if this statement you made really is true.

Decommits arent loyal- Yes, this is not a revelation. I think it's quite clear that generally speaking, someone who decommits would lack loyalty to the school they committed to. I will say that I expect that some of those decommits will be back into the fold.

Your transfer portal guys aren’t loyal to your school- I disagree here. Some of those guys lost their position coach and/or were not getting playing time, or were simply not good enough to get on the field. That has less to do with loyalty than just being smart about their future. Also expect some of those guys to come back as well.

When your new HC accepts portal players back to the team, he won’t be loyal to the players that are-
it appears you do recognize the possibility of portal players coming back to the team, but you are saying that he will not be loyal to the players that are what? on the team? off the team? i dont know what this means.

Now- About all the players that stayed. Are they loyal? yes. Caleb Williams loses the qb coach and offensive coordinator, the very reason for going to OU. And he's still sticking around. The best, most famous, and most marketable player probsably in the whole sport still hasnt bounced out. That's loyalty, at least to the point of entertaining the thought of staying to see how he clicks with the new staff. That's some nice loyalty considering he could walk away right now into the waiting arms of billionaire boosters and their NIL deals anywhere in the country

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Yes, Venables always was their #1 target, for a multitude of reasons. Your ignorance of that fact doesnt really factor into the equation. Nobody knew what was going to happen, but him being their #1 guy wasnt a secret.

If he was "clearly targeting coaches playing yesterday", you should be able to easily provide documentation. or some sort of insider info you are privy to that led you to this conclusion. I would be delighted to read it, but I suspect there's a good reason why you have so far not shared that info with us- because you havent seen it. i ask for a second time- Do you know which head coach they were going for, who turned them down?

OU was not loyal to the big 12- true. But, whyy would they be?

HC was not loyal to OU- yes, that is true too.

HC wasnt loyal to his family- I disagree. it appears his family & their future was first in his considerations. can you elaborate more on this?

The Asst coaches werent loyal- Can you elaborate? And when you do, please ask yourself who the Rb coach for OU is. And the coaches for TE, OL, LB are. And where they were last season. And then ask yourself if this statement you made really is true.

Decommits arent loyal- Yes, this is not a revelation. I think it's quite clear that generally speaking, someone who decommits would lack loyalty to the school they committed to. I will say that I expect that some of those decommits will be back into the fold.

Your transfer portal guys aren’t loyal to your school- I disagree here. Some of those guys lost their position coach and/or were not getting playing time, or were simply not good enough to get on the field. That has less to do with loyalty than just being smart about their future. Also expect some of those guys to come back as well.

When your new HC accepts portal players back to the team, he won’t be loyal to the players that are-
it appears you do recognize the possibility of portal players coming back to the team, but you are saying that he will not be loyal to the players that are what? on the team? off the team? i dont know what this means.

Now- About all the players that stayed. Are they loyal? yes. Caleb Williams loses the qb coach and offensive coordinator, the very reason for going to OU. And he's still sticking around. The best, most famous, and most marketable player probsably in the whole sport still hasnt bounced out. That's loyalty, at least to the point of entertaining the thought of staying to see how he clicks with the new staff. That's some nice loyalty considering he could walk away right now into the waiting arms of billionaire boosters and their NIL deals anywhere in the country
Venables no secret? Ha,ha. It was so well known nobody had any idea last week, including you.

Family? You’ll find out soon enough.
Assistant coaches that left. Duh.

Starters that transfer aren’t loyal to the school or their teammates. Down roster guys that transfer I understand.

Most schools tell players that if they enter the portal, there’s no coming back. If you enter the portal you clearly don’t want to play for this school, or your teammates. Accepting them back is disrespecting the players that stay and shows lack of loyalty to those players.

Is Williams really staying? Or just waiting to enter after the bowl game? Same with other players.

OU has a problem with loyalty. Certainly a bigger problem than ANY blueblood except maybe nobody.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

In regard to loyalty on campus- there's a reason why no defensive guys left. There's a reason why other position coaches stayed, and why Williams is still here as well. I know that some of the guys who went to the portal were going regardless of the coach leaving.

So they ran him out of town on a rail, yet now he was their #1 choice?
Cool.