Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Sure, it is also possible that he decided to put on a non working, or unused, or unpowered, unrolled watch that is frozen on a specific time.

South Carolina is one hour ahead of Kansas. So there's no 2 hour anything here.

I didnt notice until i saw it zoomed in. It's a quick 1 second pinch of the picture and boom, zoom.
Last wears the watch sometime in the summer, daylight savings time.
Flies to Kansas to see the kid and throws it in his bag, not putting it on until he lands and changes clothes, not paying attention to the time or the fact when it was last used, we were on daylight savings time. A watch set for EDT will be two hours ahead of the time in CST. Guess you have never picked up a watch you have not used for a while and did not realize it had to be rolled up/back to be accurate to the current zone setting.

moving on

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Last wears the watch sometime in the summer, daylight savings time.
Flies to Kansas to see the kid and throws it in his bag, not putting it on until he lands and changes clothes, not paying attention to the time or the fact when it was last used, we were on daylight savings time. A watch set for EDT will be two hours ahead of the time in CST. Guess you have never picked up a watch you have not used for a while and did not realize it had to be rolled up/back to be accurate to the current zone setting.

moving on
Sure, it is also possible that he decided to wear an old, unwound, unused, unworking, or unpowered watch, that stopped at 2pm at some point prior to daylight savings time change, and either didnt notice or didnt care, because it's a nice watch that is good for show.

My main watch doesnt need to be set, it's an atomic watch. I figure ole BV could afford one of those.

Aug 16, 2012
Sure, it is also possible that he decided to wear an old, unwound, unused, unworking, or unpowered watch, that stopped at 2pm at some point prior to daylight savings time change, and either didnt notice or didnt care, because it's a nice watch that is good for show.

My main watch doesnt need to be set, it's an atomic watch. I figure ole BV could afford one of those.
The fact it shows 2:00 does not mean it is old, broken or stopped. Now if a couple dozen photos were taken and they all show the same time, yeah, you could make that assumption. Every one of the couple dozen watches I own including dive watches require me to manually roll the dial to change time. My guess is that upwards of 95% of watches require manual adjustment for time zone and daylight/standard time adjustment. I have a Rolex Submariner clone that at almost $2500 a) requires manual adjustment and b) I only wear on special occasions and I frequently have to adjust it at some point after I initially put it on because I just do not think about it until I actually look down at it later on.

But you win. The photo is staged and the time stamp is wrong

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
The fact it shows 2:00 does not mean it is old, broken or stopped. Now if a couple dozen photos were taken and they all show the same time, yeah, you could make that assumption. Every one of the couple dozen watches I own including dive watches require me to manually roll the dial to change time. My guess is that upwards of 95% of watches require manual adjustment for time zone and daylight/standard time adjustment. I have a Rolex Submariner clone that at almost $2500 a) requires manual adjustment and b) I only wear on special occasions and I frequently have to adjust it at some point after I initially put it on because I just do not think about it until I actually look down at it later on.

It's also a space lizard humanoid in a Brent Venables skin costume. Soooo it really doesn't matter.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

I never implied it was staged.

I just wonder why the watch reads 2 pm. You’re making my comment out to be more than it is

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Why don’t y’all just go look for him wearing that watch or a different one and then argue about something different like the fact that Sooners couldn’t run him out fast enough. Now they’re on their knees begging.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get their hopes up, waste their time, and then sh!t all over them. Classic lead on.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Why don’t y’all just go look for him wearing that watch or a different one and then argue about something different like the fact that Sooners couldn’t run him out fast enough. Now they’re on their knees begging.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get their hopes up, waste their time, and then sh!t all over them. Classic lead on.
Not his style. He still loves OU & Stoops. Didnt want to leave. Almost turned around at the airport

Dec 9, 2013
Wait.. so we win the conference championship and get shellacked in the playoffs. Dude, you've put this exact scenario on a pedestal since your first shellacking and rubbed our faces in it, but now all of a sudden it's not good enough for you anymore? More hypocrisy is exactly what I expected from you.

Now, after the shellacking we'll just go back to mediocrity of top 2-4 in the Big 12. Did you forget about conference realignment? The Big 12 looks like ours again next year, dude, even if y'all are still around. It for damn sure is if OU limps into the SEC with Texas. I know OU has a lot of history, but it all came in the Big 8 and Big 12. The game has changed and OU hasn't positioned themselves for this big move very well at all. In fact, they fell on their face and pissed their pants before they even got to the SEC front porch, much less the front door. You can puff your chest out all you want, TG, but right now it's not looking so hot and the entire nation knows it. You keep grasping to your little history book, but you big daddy bobby just said yesterday in his damage control presser that nobody cares about that history anymore. Nobody but y'all it seems.
I’ve said this since day one of them bolting. For 50 yrs they have played in a conference where in most years there was only 1 other good team, 1 ok team and the rest was fluff. Unfortunately OSU has fit in all 3 of those categories. UO has just signed up for a whole new ball game. Out of 16 teams there are now 4 really good teams 10 ok to good teams and 2 bad teams. How on earth anyone thinks UO will replicate what they’ve mostly done the last 50 yrs is beyond logic?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Not his style. He still loves OU & Stoops. Didnt want to leave. Almost turned around at the airport
Got it. I guess he doesn’t seem to love OU enough to want to pick up these broken pieces and start over. Otherwise, this would be done. Apparently, three others have all said no. Y’all are going to get Beamer and suck sh!t for a decade. I’m certain Bob told Mark stay away for his own good..

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I’ve said this since day one of them bolting. For 50 yrs they have played in a conference where in most years there was only 1 other good team, 1 ok team and the rest was fluff. Unfortunately OSU has fit in all 3 of those categories. UO has just signed up for a whole new ball game. Out of 16 teams there are now 4 really good teams 10 ok to good teams and 2 bad teams. How on earth anyone thinks UO will replicate what they’ve mostly done the last 50 yrs is beyond logic?
When the Outhouse on the Prarie is empty from the lack of wins for their t-shirt fans the truth will set in.

Dec 9, 2013
When the Outhouse on the Prarie is empty from the lack of wins for their t-shirt fans the truth will set in.
Put UO in the SEC west this yr. Do they beat bama? How about at ol miss? A&M. Then they still have to play Auburn, LSU and Piggy. I give up the tx game bc they won this yr but historically they lose that game more than 50% of the time. What about the crossover? One would have been a gimme and the other would be Florida or Georgia or Tenn. This year’s uo is at best a 3 loss team and at worst a 4-5 loss team.

In a yr they were the preseason favorite by a margin in the Big12 and a lock to make the CFP. Same team.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Put UO in the SEC west this yr. Do they beat bama? How about at ol miss? A&M. Then they still have to play Auburn, LSU and Piggy. I give up the tx game bc they won this yr but historically they lose that game more than 50% of the time. What about the crossover? One would have been a gimme and the other would be Florida or Georgia or Tenn. This year’s uo is at best a 3 loss team and at worst a 4-5 loss team.

In a yr they were the preseason favorite by a margin in the Big12 and a lock to make the CFP. Same team.
I generally agree, but SEC will likely move to a pod system where OU's only guaranteed games each year are likely UT, A&M, and Arkansas. They might win all three or at least two of those. After that, it's such a role of the dice in who you play from other pods. Their schedule could have realistically been fairly easy or atrocious if they're playing two teams from the other pods. Something like LSU, miss state, Vandy, Mo, Florida and SC on top of the teams above. Or Bama, Ole Miss, Georgia, Tenn, Auburn and Kentucky.

That's part of the garbage of this super conference idea. Unless you cut your dead weight, you would almost certainly have random schools with fairly easy schedules and others that have brutal schedules. It's like not knowing whether you're playing in the worst version of the old Big 12 North or the best of the Big 12 South because most of your games have to come from outside the pods. In the pod example put out by the SEC network, one of the pods would have Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, and Vandy. Just from that pod alone, a Bama and Tenn draw would be rough this year while Vandy and Auburn would be pretty easy. It's basically that way for every single one of them. It is utter trash.

Edit: multiple pod approaches have been proposed and the one put out by the SEC network would have Mizzou in a pod with OU, not A&M, but that seems stupid.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Got it. I guess he doesn’t seem to love OU enough to want to pick up these broken pieces and start over. Otherwise, this would be done. Apparently, three others have all said no. Y’all are going to get Beamer and suck sh!t for a decade. I’m certain Bob told Mark stay away for his own good..
Sucking shlt for a decade? Nah, If OU could survive the Blake years, they can survive anything. OSU has been up and down, but basically same mediocre team for decades....you better not start winning consistently or someone will come grab the mullet.

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Sucking shlt for a decade? Nah, If OU could survive the Blake years, they can survive anything. OSU has been up and down, but basically same mediocre team for decades....you better not start winning consistently or someone will come grab the mullet.
You mean the 90's where ou sucked sh!t for a decade?? hmmm

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
This confirms my suspicion about you. You’re child, aren’t you? You just said the survive Blake years and then went on to deny a decade of sucking.

Bob Stoops saved OU after bottom feeding g through Gibbs, Schnelly, and Blake in the 90s.

Log off your folk’s computer and take a lap around the trailer park, kid.