Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Normally I would say Oklahoma wins this one as Gundy has an OU problem. He hasnt really been able to play loose.

Something I haven’t heard anyone really talking about- I think this is a great opportunity for them to do just that though- Take chances, go for it on fourth, go for some fakes, things of that nature. Because they are playing next week regardless. They don’t really lose much if they lose tonight. So I can see how this could be a benefit for them. They really can do different things and take extra risks on all three sides of the ball.

Of course, you really don’t want to have to play Oklahoma twice in a row either.
Fair points.

I find it amazing that in all of the coverage I've watched leading up to this game, not a soul has talked about Caleb Williams' struggles in half of the 6 games he's played. He makes plays with his feet that Rattler doesn't, but I'm not real sure their passing game is any better at all.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Normally I would say Oklahoma wins this one as Gundy has an OU problem. He hasnt really been able to play loose.

Something I haven’t heard anyone really talking about- I think this is a great opportunity for them to do just that though- Take chances, go for it on fourth, go for some fakes, things of that nature. Because they are playing next week regardless. They don’t really lose much if they lose tonight. So I can see how this could be a benefit for them. They really can do different things and take extra risks on all three sides of the ball.

Of course, you really don’t want to have to play Oklahoma twice in a row either.
Fair points.

I find it amazing that in all of the coverage I've watched leading up to this game, not a soul has talked about Caleb Williams' struggles in half of the 6 games he's played. He makes plays with his feet that Rattler doesn't, but I'm not real sure their passing game is any better at all.
Well, Rattler has 187 attemps with 1483 yards, and 11 pass tds, Williams has 145 attempts and already has 1418 yards and 15 pass tds. Has a higher qb rating too. The ceiling has definitely been raised, but the issues that plagued Rattler are I think pretty much the same as Williams except Williams has a higher ceiling and makes more plays. And the issue is right now consistency and just seeing the field. But Williams is still in the first half of his first season, so he’s still developing. Running against these defenses is going to really help his development fora great 2022. Sometimes he will play like a freshman, hopefully not tonight. Could be a low-scoring game and he could make some crazy play to win it in the last second.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Well, Rattler has 187 attemps with 1483 yards, and 11 pass tds, Williams has 145 attempts and already has 1418 yards and 15 pass tds. Has a higher qb rating too. The ceiling has definitely been raised, but the issues that plagued Rattler are I think pretty much the same as Williams except Williams has a higher ceiling and makes more plays. And the issue is right now consistency and just seeing the field. But Williams is still in the first half of his first season, so he’s still developing. Running against these defenses is going to really help his development fora great 2022. Sometimes he will play like a freshman, hopefully not tonight. Could be a low-scoring game and he could make some crazy play to win it in the last second.
His QBR is fattened off of 2 games, look at his last 2 against their best opponents. Dude's 18/37 for slightly over 200 yards, 2 TD's/2Int's.

Yes, he's clearly still developing.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
His QBR is fattened off of 2 games, look at his last 2 against their best opponents. Dude's 18/37 for slightly over 200 yards, 2 TD's/2Int's.

Yes, he's clearly still developing.
Indeed and there’s a stronger focus on the run game now as well, so I won’t be surprised if he I only throws it 20 times and runs it 13 times. Depends what defense Osu brings- drop 8 or stuff the box

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Observations from tonight's bedlam game:
Sanders is the real deal, a good QB.
Each team gave the other a muffed punt, ok.
The refs make the obvious interference call in the end zone, OU wins.
To be a member of the Pokes' paddle people, you have to had been featured on my 600 lb life.
Good luck against the Bears, you better pray you have the same inept refs. Gundy is now 3-14 against OU as head coach.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
To be a member of the Pokes' paddle people, you have to had been featured on my 600 lb life.
Good luck against the Bears, you better pray you have the same inept refs. Gundy is now 3-14 against OU as head coach.
Ok mr 3 yards offsides on that safety. GTFOH

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The refs were completely garbage. The missed PI in the end zone felt egregious especially after they picked up the Personal Foul penalty earlier.

I’m not one to complain about the refs but how are both heads turned around, the DB literally holds his arm around the receiver and won’t let him come back for the football NOT a pass interference penalty. It was egregious at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OranGE-KK

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2011
Refs sucked both ways. Don’t ruin an instant classic rivalry game by whining about refs.

That was an anxiety inducing rollercoaster.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Yeah the refs sucked. Allowed OU to get away with 3 obvious offsides. One that resulted in that safety. Game started turning when they actually started calling all the offsides and holds.

We'll take it though because we've been robbed by the refs plenty of time in the past. It was all chalked up to "sooner magic" then..

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
The refs were completely garbage. The missed PI in the end zone felt egregious especially after they picked up the Personal Foul penalty earlier.

I’m not one to complain about the refs but how are both heads turned around, the DB literally holds his arm around the receiver and won’t let him come back for the football NOT a pass interference penalty. It was egregious at that point.

Damn I was about to say respect to you for coming over and giving us the congrats.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

Boofreakinghoo.

It was just Poke Wizardry baby!

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
As I've said before we've never not played an undefeated team of goon, they were always cheated by the refs in every loss. Enjoy .500

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ok mr 3 yards offsides on that safety. GTFOH
Holds and offsides clearly not called a bunch on ou.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk