Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Dear Penthouse Forum,

I believe it in my heart that Oklahoma will lose Lincoln Riley to LSU. That will all help him, in Baton Rouge. If they flash $12,000,000 and an 8 year contract guaranteed and agree to pay the coaches he wants he will go. The other thing LSU has is more ability to generate NIL deals. The goons will literally get raided in the transfer portal by LSU, the NIL deals will be incredible. My goodness, such mayhem is possible. This will drag out for another four or five days and maybe announced next week midweek. What fun!

Your naughty friend,

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
The 7 stages of grief
  • Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  • Pain and guilt. ...
  • Anger and bargaining. ...
  • Depression. ...
  • The upward turn. ...
  • Reconstruction and working through. ...
  • Acceptance and hope.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Dear Penthouse Forum,

I believe it in my heart that Oklahoma will lose Lincoln Riley to LSU. That will all help him, in Baton Rouge. If they flash $12,000,000 and an 8 year contract guaranteed and agree to pay the coaches he wants he will go. The other thing LSU has is more ability to generate NIL deals. The goons will literally get raided in the transfer portal by LSU, the NIL deals will be incredible. My goodness, such mayhem is possible. This will drag out for another four or five days and maybe announced next week midweek. What fun!

Your naughty friend,

Andy

I can't tell if this is just rival banter or if you really think there's no chance he leaves. I'm not saying he does, but it seems like a legit possibility. He hasn't been as vehement in his denials as we've seen him in some instances in the past. I don't really care if he does because we don't have many games left against you for the foreseeable future.

Oct 30, 2012
Any takes on the game?
I think this year is a very interesting matchup. We all know Ou has struggled on offense this season but still have the ability to score a ton of points if things go right. In addition, OSU has a legit defense (regardless of what happens in this game). I guess to me, this game will show if Ou truly does just play their best game against the Pokes every year. Because there’s no reason based on this season that OSU shouldn’t have the best chance to win. In my prediction, I feel as if the Pokes will need to score in the 30’s to win this game. Can’t wait to watch this matchup.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I am definitely not optimistic going into this game as I usually am. Both teams seem to be trending in different directions but I believe it will be a lower scoring game with both defenses playing better.

Our O-line has been our weak point which, as a result, has hurt Caleb William's development. Hopefully we start doing some misdirection, screens, etc. to help with the defensive pressure and decision making. We had some players out with sickness last week and some injured players we hopefully get back which will help. One saving grace is the Gundy factor, but besides that I would guess a 14 point beating.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I am definitely not optimistic going into this game as I usually am. Both teams seem to be trending in different directions but I believe it will be a lower scoring game with both defenses playing better.

Our O-line has been our weak point which, as a result, has hurt Caleb William's development. Hopefully we start doing some misdirection, screens, etc. to help with the defensive pressure and decision making. We had some players out with sickness last week and some injured players we hopefully get back which will help. One saving grace is the Gundy factor, but besides that I would guess a 14 point beating.
9-6 OSU in a barn burner. ;-)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Any takes on the game?
I think this year is a very interesting matchup. We all know Ou has struggled on offense this season but still have the ability to score a ton of points if things go right. In addition, OSU has a legit defense (regardless of what happens in this game). I guess to me, this game will show if Ou truly does just play their best game against the Pokes every year. Because there’s no reason based on this season that OSU shouldn’t have the best chance to win. In my prediction, I feel as if the Pokes will need to score in the 30’s to win this game. Can’t wait to watch this matchup.
If we score 24.5 or more we should win...No one has scored over 24 on us all year...could this be different? Sure, but the defense is healthy...the offense is our issue and we need to get well on the line and in the RB room...Also SS needs to keep playing within himself and NEVER force passes opting to run for positive yardage and 1st downs instead of passing more often than not. We need to make our fg's and play great special teams along with our normal great defense. IF those things happen we 'should' roll to decent victory of like 31 - 21 or so. Go Pokes!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Fair points.

I think that Williams decision making in the passing game, and how much he sees the field is a real issue right now.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
The 7 stages of grief
  • Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  • Pain and guilt. ...
  • Anger and bargaining. ...
  • Depression. ...
  • The upward turn. ...
  • Reconstruction and working through. ...
  • Acceptance and hope.
Are you talking about what it's like to have the mullet has head coach? Not sure about bullet point number 5 in that case....

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Any takes on the game?
Well, the Bears gave you the recipe on how to beat OU, so if there was ever a season to win one, this should be it. I am not sure what the spread is, but I think this will be a really close game...OU wins by 3.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Dear Penthouse Forum,

Your naughty friend,

Andy

You must be getting very concerned. Let me take your mind off this Spanky, coach log is recruiting the first ever ****** fb player ever known.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
If we score 24.5 or more we should win...No one has scored over 24 on us all year...could this be different? Sure, but the defense is healthy...the offense is our issue and we need to get well on the line and in the RB room...Also SS needs to keep playing within himself and NEVER force passes opting to run for positive yardage and 1st downs instead of passing more often than not. We need to make our fg's and play great special teams along with our normal great defense. IF those things happen we 'should' roll to decent victory of like 31 - 21 or so. Go Pokes!
I must say the pokes D looked good last weekend, and the Bears gave your D the notebook on how to beat OU, it is going to be a true bedlam battle!! OU 38 OSU 35

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I must say the pokes D looked good last weekend, and the Bears gave your D the notebook on how to beat OU, it is going to be a true bedlam battle!! OU 38 OSU 35
Did you know that OSU beat Baylor by ten yet sanders threw not one, not two, but three pics. As long as we don’t turn the ball over you aren’t getting 38 points on a defense who hasn’t given up more than 24 all year. Wishful thinking on OUs part. First team defense hasn’t even given up a single
touchdown in four games. KU, @WVU, TCU, and @Tech. We should win…it’s just a matter of IF we can continue this defensive performance. I’m thinking 24 -14 or 27 - 21…I think ou is just to talented to keep completely out of the end zone. But damn…the way they are playing one never knows.

Last edited:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
38 points? So OU is going to score more on OSU than they did on Kansas? Gonna score 2 1/2 more times the points they scored on Baylor? Not bloody likely. Stupid prediction.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
38 points? So OU is going to score more on OSU than they did on Kansas? Gonna score 2 1/2 more times the points they scored on Baylor? Not bloody likely. Stupid prediction.
We'll see, OU very capable of scoring 38 points if the right O shows up. Glad you think the prediction is stupid. pokes are going to look stupid of all years, if you dont beat OU this Saturday.