Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Watching Thursday night college football and Caleb Williams getting a bunch of hype. Who knew that 6 quarters against 100+ ranked defenses could make you a heisman candidate. Going to really blow up after the JV team they play this weekend. I’m sure an NIL deal with ESPN and Herby is inevitable for Williams. If you didn’t know better, you’d think there’s an agenda here. :whistle:
Rattler already got chicken fingers and cars, maybe he gets a modeling job for wal-mart that's where most of their fans buy their game gear.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Well, for most of the big 12, playing OU is the biggest game on their schedule. You dont think gundy has that game circled? thanksgiving with the gundys is going to be something else.
I imagine Gundy quit circling the game after 2013. Mike and Cale's mom, Judy, passed away last year and ever since Bedlam became a personal thing for their family, they were not allowed to discuss it at holidays. Since she's gone, I don't know if they're still honoring that rule or not. If I was Mike, I'd just have a nice time without Cale on the ranch or the lake. That way things would be of my interest. I'm not Mike Gundy though and if I was, I would've started Weeden in '09 Bedlam.
I’m not sure the brothers are quite so disliking of each other as the fan bases are.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You’d hate to see the size of the hole Gundy would dig himself into if he had to play Oklahoma twice.

And I’m not sure you’d want to put yourselves through that.

I know y’all have a good defense and all, but you can’t stop everything. Caleb Williams will have four more games of experience, two against tough defenses before he reaches y’all. He’s got this thing rolling. And your defense, as good as it is, couldn’t stop what Rattler and Rhamondre threw at them last year. And you can’t keep up offensively.

It’s not going to end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will admit we had some trouble last year, but that was last year, who knows how either team will play this year :thumbup:
Yeah, well, objectively, I don’t see how Oklahoma State has any sort of offense That could play keep up. And OU could very well have all 4 of those starters back on defense by then.

Gone are the days when good defense consistently beat good offense.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You’d hate to see the size of the hole Gundy would dig himself into if he had to play Oklahoma twice.

And I’m not sure you’d want to put yourselves through that.

I know y’all have a good defense and all, but you can’t stop everything. Caleb Williams will have four more games of experience, two against tough defenses before he reaches y’all. He’s got this thing rolling. And your defense, as good as it is, couldn’t stop what Rattler and Rhamondre threw at them last year. And you can’t keep up offensively.

It’s not going to end well.

Experience is good for Caleb and you wouldn't want to change that, but I'd rather Knowles get the film as opposed to getting blasted by the backup last minute.

Last year's defense is not this year's defense. Last year's defense was banged up and on the field all day because our offense was a 3 and out machine. This year's defense is missing multiple starters and still bad ass. Our offense is running clock.

You don't have a Rhamondre in your stable this year either. I would imagine Caleb is going to have to be superman. Maybe he is.
Brooks is averaging 8 yds per carry with Williams at qb. When teams had to respect what the qb can do with his legs suddenly everyone on offense seemed to have gotten better. I don’t think it’ll matter what defense they go up against, they’ll get theirs. But will Osu be able to Keep up offensively?

There’s lots of film on Williams. He was a pretty highly recruited qb and Riley offered him without ever having see him play a game in person. Plenty of tape. Get to studying

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Watching Thursday night college football and Caleb Williams getting a bunch of hype. Who knew that 6 quarters against 100+ ranked defenses could make you a heisman candidate. Going to really blow up after the JV team they play this weekend. I’m sure an NIL deal with ESPN and Herby is inevitable for Williams. If you didn’t know better, you’d think there’s an agenda here. :whistle:
The agenda for anyone in media is to get views and clicks. And he is the type of player that people want to look at and watch even if they aren’t fans of Oklahoma. He is just one of those guys

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Brooks is averaging 8 yds per carry with Williams at qb. When teams had to respect what the qb can do with his legs suddenly everyone on offense seemed to have gotten better. I don’t think it’ll matter what defense they go up against, they’ll get theirs. But will Osu be able to Keep up offensively?

There’s lots of film on Williams. He was a pretty highly recruited qb and Riley offered him without ever having see him play a game in person. Plenty of tape. Get to studying
Stopped halfway through the first sentence. It hasn’t been two full games lol

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Stopped halfway through the first sentence. It hasn’t been two full games lol
It’s not just me who sees how he elevates the offense.

Yes, it’s only been two games. But I will say that he’s only started one game in the last two years, and he’s a freshman. He completed his first 10 passes. Dude doesnt play like a rookie. It’s not just Oklahoma homers giving him heisman odds

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
The agenda for anyone in media is to get views and clicks. And he is the type of player that people want to look at and watch even if they aren’t fans of Oklahoma. He is just one of those guys
You mean like Rattler was…until he wasn’t? Ha! They were all wrong on their preseason hype for him so have to find a replacement.

I’m mean, 6 quarters against the 102nd and 111th (out of 130) ranked defenses with good, not crazy, numbers is enough to determine he is all that? There are 15 -20 QBs with better per game numbers than Williams, but most aren’t on a team ESPN has a love affair with.

Nov 18, 2011
It’s not just me who sees how he elevates the offense.

Yes, it’s only been two games. But I will say that he’s only started one game in the last two years, and he’s a freshman. He completed his first 10 passes. Dude doesnt play like a rookie. It’s not just Oklahoma homers giving him heisman odds
Elevates the offense? It helps that they are playing bad defenses with another awful one tomorrow. Realize that Rattler faced multiple D’s in the top 50. We won’t know anything, and any hype is premature, until he at least goes through the three game stretch vs Baylor, ISU and OSU.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You mean like Rattler was…until he wasn’t? Ha! They were all wrong on their preseason hype for him so have to find a replacement.

I’m mean, 6 quarters against the 102nd and 111th (out of 130) ranked defenses with good, not crazy, numbers is enough to determine he is all that? There are 15 -20 QBs with better per game numbers than Williams, but most aren’t on a team ESPN has a love affair with.
No not really. They are not the same.

It’s enough to make football people all over the country talk about and want to watch him. It’s all good publicity for him and OU.

Nov 18, 2011

It’s enough to make football people all over the country talk about and want to watch him. It’s all good publicity for him and OU.
Because of the 24/7 propaganda machine called ESPN. Again, same people were hyping and drooling over Rattler in the preseason.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Because of the 24/7 propaganda machine called ESPN. Again, same people were hyping and drooling over Rattler in the preseason.

Yes, elevates the offense. Against texas OU averaged 5.3 yards per play behind rattler. Behind Williams it was 10.1.

Before rattler was pulled OU had 234 yards of offense. 66 was a Williams td rush. So really 168 yards. After that they accumulated over 500 more yards behind Williams.

Espn used to love shitting all over OU and the big 12. And if you think it’s just people on espn hyping him up , you’re not paying attention.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Rattler earned every right to the preseason praise with what he did last year. This year he played like a guy looking in the rearview mirror. He was suddenly hesitant, didn’t trust his guys, and lost the locker room. Now we all know why.