Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
LOL on the same level until we play them or you want your conference to actually make money.
OSU has not benefited from any conference money since the Big 12 catered to OU and Texas. So, no loss. We'll just continue playing another top 5 team. Y'all are just Cincy. Instead of having food at O'Connells, we'll just have to put chili on spaghetti noodles.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
LOL on the same level until we play them or you want your conference to actually make money.
OSU has benefited from any conference money since the Big 12 catered to OU and Texas. So, no loss. We'll just continue playing another top 5 team. Y'all are just Cincy. Instead of having food at O'Connells, we'll just have to put chili on spaghetti noodles.
Cincinnati football and OU football aren’t the same thing.

Jesus Christ.

This conference is literally turning into the AAC with a couple of prettier helmets. Continue burying your collective heads in the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
LOL. If Lincoln didn't take the job for his favorite team in his home state when Jerry Jones pursued him in 2019...he's not taking the Raiders job.
lol, what kind of idiot would think Riley would take the raiders job?

I think I'd be more concerned with Cincinnati, BYU and UCF coming in and taking OU's place in the Big 12 before, I'd start forecasting a .500 record for a team that typically beats every SEC team it plays that isn't the best team in the SEC and/or the national champion. The only SEC teams OU's lost to recently that weren't the SEC and/or National Champion were in double overtime to SEC runner up Georgia and to A&M in 2011. Y'all are about to have your hands full. Success in the new Big 12 will be no guarantee especially with the offense you all are trotting out there so far (Same goes for OU with whatever joke offense was trotted out there under Rattler. Hopefully CW proves to be more than a flash in the pan).
I for one think the new big 12 will be the biggest, baddest mid-major in the whole country.

Somebody’s gonna be able to take a step forward in recruiting once that happens. Right now I’d wager more on Campbell than Gundy. Gundy doesn’t seem like he cares anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gundy hasnt seemed to care in a little while now. Maybe that's all an act!

The flight initiated from Vegas less than 3 hours after Gruden "resigned".
Try again.
LOL you actually think that's riley going to talk to the raiders? like, really, you really, actually, honestly, you think that?Your post also assumes he was already in vegas, before gruden resigned, and left 3 hours later? Check your dates. Really makes no sense as this is a tuesday flight, and gruden resigned monday. Youre insane if you think Riley would take a demotion.... in the middle of a season...an undefeated season....to a shitty nfl team....again, in the middle of the freakin' season...after winning this crazy game saturday.... Man, I really have to question your knowledge on this game and Riley himself.

I asked in that earlier post what you suppose that is, and i figure you had no clue that OU is actively recruiting a las vegas rb and I could have told you that certain OU insiders has intimated that the rbs coach went out there. But I guess conspiracy theories are more fun than reality. You probably thought Riley was going to dallas too. keeping in mind youre the guy who predicted spencer sanders would have more yards than spencer rattler.

lInCoLn RiLeY wOuLd NeVaH lEaVe sNoRmAn!!!!! HeRp DeRp
He already has one of the best jobs on the whole planet doing what he does. You could count on one hand how many HC jobs in CFB and NFL would be better than where he's at now. And that dumpster fire is not one of them. Lets try to live in reality for a moment. So why would he leave? Sharing your fantasy with the board doesnt change reality.

Cincy and OU are on the same level right now. We're just replacing one top 5 team with another. So, no big deal. Enjoy your occasional flash in the pan season in the SEC.
No they aren't. what do you base that on? Not in in terms of talent, recruiting, national relevance, media presence, facilities, money, tradition or success. their record? a ton of teams are undefeated right now. so is osu, but we know osu isnt on Ou's level either. victories over murray state, indiana, miami ohio, and temple. whoa. those and a victory against an overrated nd isnt elevating them to OU's level. Their record over the last 2-3 years? A ton of victories over the last couple years in a mid major conference isnt it either.

Cincy is the new boise state. And theylll fit in the new big 12 like a glove, because they are a quality mid major and the new big 12 will stand alone as the best mid major conference in cfb history.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
At least when y'all lose to us every season, it's to a nationally respected team, one of the most successful programs of all time and a "rival." Going to be kinda sad when you start getting knocked off by some combination of Cincinnati, UCF, BYU, and Houston every year.

If your athletic director is smart, he'll take up OU's offer to play Bedlam so you guys can actually make some money on a game and give fans incentive to fill the stadium for the rest of the season.

Are you all strapped up and ready to take that rebound beatdown from Texas this weekend?
Another hilarious post that has no fact basis. I'll take our record against the whorns just about any play they wish to play. We don't have to have a "neutral" field to beat them. You got your Vaseline ready for that train that's going to get run on your team in the SEC? Enjoy .500.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
lol, what kind of idiot would think Riley would take the raiders job?

I for one think the new big 12 will be the biggest, baddest mid-major in the whole country.

gundy hasnt seemed to care in a little while now. Maybe that's all an act!

LOL you actually think that's riley going to talk to the raiders? like, really, you really, actually, honestly, you think that?Your post also assumes he was already in vegas, before gruden resigned, and left 3 hours later? Check your dates. Really makes no sense as this is a tuesday flight, and gruden resigned monday. Youre insane if you think Riley would take a demotion.... in the middle of a season...an undefeated season....to a shitty nfl team....again, in the middle of the freakin' season...after winning this crazy game saturday.... Man, I really have to question your knowledge on this game and Riley himself.

I asked in that earlier post what you suppose that is, and i figure you had no clue that OU is actively recruiting a las vegas rb and I could have told you that certain OU insiders has intimated that the rbs coach went out there. But I guess conspiracy theories are more fun than reality. You probably thought Riley was going to dallas too. keeping in mind youre the guy who predicted spencer sanders would have more yards than spencer rattler.

He already has one of the best jobs on the whole planet doing what he does. You could count on one hand how many HC jobs in CFB and NFL would be better than where he's at now. And that dumpster fire is not one of them. Lets try to live in reality for a moment. So why would he leave? Sharing your fantasy with the board doesnt change reality.

No they aren't. what do you base that on? Not in in terms of talent, recruiting, national relevance, media presence, facilities, money, tradition or success. their record? a ton of teams are undefeated right now. so is osu, but we know osu isnt on Ou's level either. victories over murray state, indiana, miami ohio, and temple. whoa. those and a victory against an overrated nd isnt elevating them to OU's level. Their record over the last 2-3 years? A ton of victories over the last couple years in a mid major conference isnt it either.

Cincy is the new boise state. And theylll fit in the new big 12 like a glove, because they are a quality mid major and the new big 12 will stand alone as the best mid major conference in cfb history.
You are right, why would he want to go the league when he can stay at a place with mediocre expectations and has shifted its expectations downward? Very prescient commentary. I'm glad to see you are prepared for the .500 life.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
LOL you actually think that's riley going to talk to the raiders? like, really, you really, actually, honestly, you think that?
You really are an idiot. It's someone from the Raiders flying to sNorman to speak with Riley. It'll be OK, you'll find someone else just as good. I hear John Blake is open for a return to coaching...:lol:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Bedlam died when you guys couldn't hold up your end of the bargain and make the series competitive.
Yet for some reason they still played it.
Here's a fun fact, Bedlam started with a wrestling match. OSU set a bedlam series margin of victory record topping the goons 23-12 this past school year.

No....it's really dead this time. Better schedule some fcs schools instead so you can be a .500 team in the sec.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You really are an idiot. It's someone from the Raiders flying to sNorman to speak with Riley. It'll be OK, you'll find someone else just as good. I hear John Blake is open for a return to coaching...:lol:
So rather than going through his agent like they are supposed to do in the first place, instead of making a private off the record phone call to test the waters, a raiders exec would fly to the university airport on a uhh Cessna to schmooze Riley into leaving his undefeated team midseason. That's what the cigar you want to smoke? That's the sausage you want to eat? That's the girl you want to take to the prom? Well one thing is for sure, you do respect the fact that nfl teams still froth at the mouth dreaming about getting him. And people like you believe he'll go every time, I guess.

I'd be salty too being 0-6 against him and being blown out in 4 of those games. I say, you can have your dream. Like Steven Tyler says, dream on.