Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 22, 2021
Tulsa
The funny thing is in just a few years they will long to get to the rusty old Cotton Bowl to get that win to keep them above .500.
I think I'd be more concerned with Cincinnati, BYU and UCF coming in and taking OU's place in the Big 12 before, I'd start forecasting a .500 record for a team that typically beats every SEC team it plays that isn't the best team in the SEC and/or the national champion. The only SEC teams OU's lost to recently that weren't the SEC and/or National Champion were in double overtime to SEC runner up Georgia and to A&M in 2011. Y'all are about to have your hands full. Success in the new Big 12 will be no guarantee especially with the offense you all are trotting out there so far (Same goes for OU with whatever joke offense was trotted out there under Rattler. Hopefully CW proves to be more than a flash in the pan).

I think I'd start worrying about winning more than a single conference championship every 25 years before talking crap about the team who's won 14 in the last 25 years. They will win less in the SEC but will be the only team that consistently competes with Alabama for it year in and year out.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I think I'd be more concerned with Cincinnati, BYU and UCF coming in and taking OU's place in the Big 12 before, I'd start forecasting a .500 record for a team that typically beats every SEC team it plays that isn't the best team in the SEC and/or the national champion. The only SEC teams OU's lost to recently that weren't the SEC and/or National Champion were in double overtime to SEC runner up Georgia and to A&M in 2011. Y'all are about to have your hands full. Success in the new Big 12 will be no guarantee especially with the offense you all are trotting out there so far (Same goes for OU with whatever joke offense was trotted out there under Rattler. Hopefully CW proves to be more than a flash in the pan).

I think I'd start worrying about winning more than a single conference championship every 25 years before talking crap about the team who's won 14 in the last 25 years. They will win less in the SEC but will be the only team that consistently competes with Alabama for it year in and year out.
Enjoy .500

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Same to you. Going to be tough for you all to be much better than that when one good team is replaced by 4.

Though maybe it goes the other way and y'all figure out how to lose fewer than 3 games more than once or twice a quarter century. Time will tell.
Recent records in goonerville against SEC teams should really get you all excited.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Cincy and OU are on the same level right now. We're just replacing one top 5 team with another. So, no big deal. Enjoy your occasional flash in the pan season in the SEC.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Same to you. Going to be tough for you all to be much better than that when one good team is replaced by 4.

Though maybe it goes the other way and y'all figure out how to lose fewer than 3 games more than once or twice a quarter century. Time will tell.
Interesting. We took care of Boise State (something you are not familiar with) in Boise and they took down #10 BYU in Provo. Seems we're looking alright.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Interesting. We took care of Boise State (something you are not familiar with) in Boise and they took down #10 BYU in Provo. Seems we're looking alright.
Oh cool! How’d you play their 2006 team?!?! How’d your defense fair against Chris Peterson and Brian Harsin?!?

Did you get hit with that darned Statue of Liberty too?

The running back propose to his girl afterwards???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Oh cool! How’d you play their 2006 team?!?! How’d your defense fair against Chris Peterson and Brian Harsin?!?

You seem.......I don't know.....bitter about that game.

The sooner magic got transferred to the other team for once. Tough pill to swallow?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

HAHAHAHAHAHA..

I was in Colorado during that game. On my flight home, I was surrounded by many sad eyed sooners who had traveled to the game and were connecting to flights home in Denver. Our flight to the city got delayed multiple times. So, many of us spent our time at the bar. The ones drinking away the pain... man. What a time.

That also reminds me that night before.. my buddy was hosting a NYE party and was incredibly drunk incredibly early in the evening. He's a sooner and he got to running his mouth about Boise F'n State. I told him I expected OU to win, but not to take BSU lightly. Back in the mid 2000s, those obscure western teams were sneaking up on teams in bowls and I thought they might give OU a little bit of challenge early. He told me that if OU lost to Boise State he'd stop being a sooner fan and he'd buy me lunch. Lunch was good but he told me Jack Daniels made the other bet and he would not honor it.

Jul 22, 2021
Tulsa
You are hilarious, .500 will look good on you.
At least when y'all lose to us every season, it's to a nationally respected team, one of the most successful programs of all time and a "rival." Going to be kinda sad when you start getting knocked off by some combination of Cincinnati, UCF, BYU, and Houston every year.

If your athletic director is smart, he'll take up OU's offer to play Bedlam so you guys can actually make some money on a game and give fans incentive to fill the stadium for the rest of the season.

Are you all strapped up and ready to take that rebound beatdown from Texas this weekend?