Bedlam 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 8, 2013
Houston
@TypicalGooner come and own your wrong take on Rattler. Even your coach knows he’s garbage.
Rattler garbage? nah I wouldnt classify him garbage, but it's nice to have a back up, one of the top recruits in the country come in, make things happen and QB one of the greatest OU TX comebacks ever! Looks like bedlam will be two undefeated teams! Oh wait, Pukes go to Austin next weekend? never mind

Dec 11, 2011
Rattler seems like the opposite of Mayfield.
Lots of talent (Rattler) vs Overcoming low expectations (Mayfield)
Both are douches, but Mayfield to OU fans/teammates was "OUR DOUCHE!"
Rattler seems like his teammates tolerate him due to his ability, but behind closed doors would get a kick out of beating him with soap in socks.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Rattler garbage? nah I wouldnt classify him garbage, but it's nice to have a back up, one of the top recruits in the country come in, make things happen and QB one of the greatest OU TX comebacks ever! Looks like bedlam will be two undefeated teams! Oh wait, Pukes go to Austin next weekend? never mind
Something goons are afraid to do.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Rattler seems like the opposite of Mayfield.
Lots of talent (Rattler) vs Overcoming low expectations (Mayfield)
Both are douches, but Mayfield to OU fans/teammates was "OUR DOUCHE!"
Rattler seems like his teammates tolerate him due to his ability, but behind closed doors would get a kick out of beating him with soap in socks.
You’re not far off

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
[QUOTE="SoonerCowboyBedlam, post: 4287472, member: 13648"}Pukes go to Austin next weekend? never mind[/QUOTE]

Up until 2019 when OSU lost by 6 points, the Pokes had won 5 straight in Austin. No other team had ever done that before which is a record that will stand for a long, long time. OU might be able to do it, but they're too chicken sh!t to play home and home.

OU gift wrapped a first half to Texas and they still pissed it away. If Sanders isn't giving Texas the ball back all game, I like our chances. They were far from impressive against OU.

Jul 22, 2021
Tulsa
[QUOTE="SoonerCowboyBedlam, post: 4287472, member: 13648"}Pukes go to Austin next weekend? never mind

Up until 2019 when OSU lost by 6 points, the Pokes had won 5 straight in Austin. No other team had ever done that before which is a record that will stand for a long, long time. OU might be able to do it, but they're too chicken sh!t to play home and home.

OU gift wrapped a first half to Texas and they still pissed it away. If Sanders isn't giving Texas the ball back all game, I like our chances. They were far from impressive against OU.
LOL, if you think it's because OU is too chicken sh!t...you've clearly never experienced it in person at Fair Park. Best rivalry game in college football and 100% why OU doesn't care if OSU is dumb enough to reject their invitation to continue the rivalry after departing to the SEC. It's the only real rivalry game in this conference.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
LOL, if you think it's because OU is too chicken sh!t...you've clearly never experienced it in person at Fair Park. Best rivalry game in college football and 100% why OU doesn't care if OSU is dumb enough to reject their invitation to continue the rivalry after departing to the SEC. It's the only real rivalry game in this conference.
I don't disagree with it being the greatest rivalry, but you can't refute the fact that OU doesn't want to go to Austin. It's an advantage to avoid Austin just like it's an advantage to avoid an almost guaranteed loss with OSU scheduling OU. It doesn't matter what we do even when we are better, just look at 2013. It's dumb to schedule losses if you don't have to. Plus, you go on to make the point... OU/TX is the only real rivalry in the conference. Why does OSU need to schedule OU if it isn't a real rivalry and we're damn near guaranteed to lose?

Where were you an honor student at? Cameron? LOL

Jul 22, 2021
Tulsa
I don't disagree with it being the greatest rivalry, but you can't refute the fact that OU doesn't want to go to Austin. It's an advantage to avoid Austin just like it's an advantage to avoid an almost guaranteed loss with OSU scheduling OU. It doesn't matter what we do even when we are better, just look at 2013. It's dumb to schedule losses if you don't have to. Plus, you go on to make the point... OU/TX is the only real rivalry in the conference. Why does OSU need to schedule OU if it isn't a real rivalry and we're damn near guaranteed to lose?

Where were you an honor student at? Cameron? LOL
Has nothing to do with OU wanting or not wanting to play in Austin. OU wins the game most of the time anyway and the game is essentially behind enemy lines in Dallas. If anything, moving to a Home and Home would have a more negative impact on Texas.

If the game isn't played at a neutral site in the middle of the state fair of Texas, it isn't the greatest rivalry game in the country. The setting makes all the difference in that one it's something you can't fully appreciate unless you've been there. From a history, financial, and marketing perspective...neither team wants it moved.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Austin isn’t a huge home field advantage. Their crowd is notoriously out of the game easily. Plus, the seating at the Cotton Bowl is completely unique in sports. I’ve been to a bajillion live events. It’s the craziest environment I’ve ever witnessed. Some places just ooze an aura that incites an atmosphere. That place with those two teams is one of them.

And we don’t know why you guys keep scheduling Oklahoma in football. Being as it’s the most lopsided rivalry in the game, we’d think you’d have just thrown in the towel by now. Total gluttons for punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Austin isn’t a huge home field advantage. Their crowd is notoriously out of the game easily. Plus, the seating at the Cotton Bowl is completely unique in sports. I’ve been to a bajillion live events. It’s the craziest environment I’ve ever witnessed. Some places just ooze an aura that incites an atmosphere. That place with those two teams is one of them.

And we don’t know why you guys keep scheduling Oklahoma in football. Being as it’s the most lopsided rivalry in the game, we’d think you’d have just thrown in the towel by now. Total gluttons for punishment.

With the game being at the Cotton bowl and the seats divvied up almost half and half, it is definitely not a home field advantage for any team. If the game were held in Austin at Texas' home field, they would only give you the typical three maybe 5, 000 tickets for a visiting team, and that would be a definite advantage for them. That is why ou would not give that up, because that could easily make the difference.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

It was required by conference, but OU took care of that for us.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Just wait and be a special non-con matchup like Georgia/Georgia Tech or Florida/FSU.

You know you want it.

No. I'm completely fine keeping a loss off our schedule 80% of the time. I won't be surprised if it's a special in state non-con thing annually. Would prefer TU to be that school though.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
With the game being at the Cotton bowl and the seats divvied up almost half and half, it is definitely not a home field advantage for any team. If the game were held in Austin at Texas' home field, they would only give you the typical three maybe 5, 000 tickets for a visiting team, and that would be a definite advantage for them. That is why ou would not give that up, because that could easily make the difference.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
It's humorous you think fear has anything to do with where the game is played. I myself would love to move it to jerry jones' stadium, or make it home/home because I dont care about the tradition. But that will not happen because everyone involved in decision making, on both sides, values the tradition of this game. Why would you think otherwise? Just hoping it'd incite an argument on this board?